PDA

View Full Version : Lead tape on handle does it work

rocky b
08-12-2004, 06:21 AM
I am trying to reduce shock for my elbow how much lead would you add. I have a 7g can't open the bottom butt cap where do you put the lead tape.

bee65n
08-12-2004, 08:11 AM
not sure if it reduces the shock for your elbow, but I think it will since everybody tells me to use a headlight and heavy racket to fix tennis elbow. On my tour 90, I took off my wilson overgrip and put about 7inches lead tape (1/4inch width each) on the 2,4,8, and 10 position of the grip.

Afterwards, I wrapped a wilson overgrip on it. If you are extremely sensitive about your feel of the grip and so on, this might not work, but I didn't feel any difference after I put lead tape on it. By the way, I am extremely satisfied with the results. I loved the feel of the tour 90, but it felt a little clumsy before, and I was sometimes late for my swings. It might be a mental thing, but ever since I added the lead tape around the handels, my swing seems to be faster, and as a result, my tour 90 feels and swings perfectly.

hihihi8402
08-12-2004, 08:31 AM
Take off your grip and put strips of lead tape vertically all around the handle. Then put your grip back on. You might not want to wrap the lead tape around like a grip because it is not as flexible as a grip or overgrip. This will add a little thickness to your racquet handle, but is probably the easiest way to make your racquet more head light. You can also add lead tape on inside part of the throat. This won't change the balance much, but will make you racquet heavier without increasing swingweight by that much. I hope this helps, I personally have added lots of lead tape in all these places and they work great!

--Mike