PDA

View Full Version : Fischer Magnetic Tour Racquet

ELPHIE
11-17-2006, 07:51 AM
I am just recovring from an elbow problem and want to change my racquet as I am using before a Yonex RDS001 which is really good stuff (The best I ever use except the tennis elbow I got) but maybe due to the stiffness. I am looking for a replacement and found that Fischer has just comes out with this magnetic tour whihc is flexible and sort of a player's raquet. Needs someone's advise on this new racket also anyone experience amny issue with Yonex RDS001 on their elbow. This is the first time I have this problem since I started playing the game for more than 25 yrs and started when I use this Yonex 6 months ago.

Hope to hear from you guys as I am trying to buy a new set of racquets to repalce my RDS001.. Thx in advance for your time on helping me out on this.:)

righty
11-17-2006, 10:08 AM
The Fischer racquet is indeed easy on the arm, but have you considered lowering the string tension on your RDS?

The Fischer racquet has enough mass, but is a little underpowered (the midsize version, at least) , and for me it worked best when I strung in the low 50s.

Perhaps if you lowered the tension by about 5 lbs on your RDS racquets before buying a new set, you might save some money.

Then again, maybe you are hell-bent on buying the Fischer racquet. :-) It is a great racquet.

siow_a
11-17-2006, 10:39 AM
Agree...Try lowering the tension and see if that helps. Try a multi like Wilson sensation or technifre NRG2. I have a wilson nblade and it is pretty comfy, but still need to ice my elbow after each match using Wilson Supreme @58. I have a Fischer M tour, but have not used it yet. Hope to in the coing weeks.

cghipp
11-17-2006, 11:52 AM
I had elbow issues with my RDS 001 MP. I was using a soft string but maybe the tension was too tight for me (60).

Voltron
11-17-2006, 12:04 PM
I string my RDS's at 55/53 or 56/54 low low tensions. My storms are nice on the arm though.

ELPHIE
11-17-2006, 05:58 PM
Thanks to all of you guys I already did lower my tension from 58 to 54/56 as I went to the Pacific Hybrid Poly Force 54 (main) & 56 (Natural gut) actually it is one set of PAcific PolyGut unfortunately it is not being sold in TW but this is great Hybrid. Unfortunately I have 3 RDS MP and the prob lem with me later on the match is that after a while I can feel the weight of the racket so I am considering a little bit lighter but not a light one where I can worsen my elbow. Don't get me wrong RDS 001 is a fantastic racket it is just I need a more arm friendly now as I am just about to play tennis again after a long rest due to my tennis elbow. Anyways I am still awaiting for those who have this and already tested it and get some helpful informations on thisnew racket.

cghipp
11-17-2006, 06:26 PM
I would give the Pro Kennex Ki 5 a demo. I found it easy to switch to it from the RDS 001 MP. If you want more power than that, try the Ki 10, or maybe the Ki 10 PSE.

ELPHIE
11-17-2006, 06:47 PM
Seems a nice rackets but as much as possible I am trying to get away from a stiff racket as my arm maybe related to the stiffness of the racket. Any news when you lowered the tension on your RDS as I did even change to natural gut and still my problem on my elbow exist.

cghipp
11-17-2006, 07:06 PM
It doesn't play as stiff as the numbers would indicate, and the racquets are specifically engineered to reduce shock and be easy on the arm. Anyone with recurrent elbow problems should try the Kinetic racquets. I never did try the RDS at a lower tension because I thought the racquet was too powerful at the high tension. I just switched to the Ki 5 and the arm problems went away immediately, even keeping the racquet at high tension.

ELPHIE
11-17-2006, 07:40 PM
Will check if any Kennex racket in HK available but I will look to have it demo first as I am already considering the new Fisher magnetic tour due to its Flex and weight which could be really a good answer for my return to tennis. Cghipp really appreciate your help on this and that is great for a forum that people has a chance to meet others and gathers some opinions even on internet. Nice to hear yopur arm is fully healed hope I would have the same.

cghipp
11-17-2006, 07:46 PM
You're welcome - good luck!

counterpuncher
11-17-2006, 07:48 PM
Hi, I currently have a mag tour (295 g version as per TW) which I am currently playing with. Was playing with the RDS001 mp and a Storm but the RDS started to give me forearm pain.

The mag tour is too light for my liking in stock form (can't get my hands on the heavier version at the moment) so I added about 4 grams of lead tape at 10 & 2 and 8 grams at the top of the handle. With an overwrap and pro supex poly soft strings at 52 lbs, the weight now comes in at 330 grams with a swingweight of around 320 and balance around 5 point head light, pretty much right on my preferred specs.

Serves : Quite good for flat serves, better than the RDS on par with the Storm and a reasonable amount of spin for slice and kick serves

Volleys : Excellent touch and feel - being a baseliner this is the best stick I have volleyed and hit overheads with, which has taken my doubles game to a new high. Stabilitiy is also quite good.

Spin : Slice sits up a little and topspin is quite good but not in the same league as the RDS, fairly close to the Storm.

Power : Pretty much in the same range as the Storm which is more than the RDS001, probably around the level of the RDS003.

Comfort : Better than the RDS and about the same or a touch less than the Storm. TW specs read 58 ra but based on my experiences of having had something like a dozen extended demo racquets in the past 2 years I would say it is more like 64 ra as the flex felt very similar to the Storm.

Overall I would say it is well worth a demo as I have transitioned quite easily from the RDS to the mag tour which offers a touch more comfort and power but is less stable and offers slightly less spin. For me it is very similar to the Storm with a lot more feel.

ELPHIE
11-17-2006, 07:56 PM
Is there any heavier version for this new racket as I saw it is weight at 11 oz / 312g. Yes I am thinking of the power as well as I am just recovering from Tennis elbow so I would be a little bit control on my swings though still compact and long but not giving too much juice for the moment till I am really comfortable.

counterpuncher
11-17-2006, 08:12 PM
Yes there is a SL (320g unstrung) and the version available here at TW (and the rest of the U.S.) UL (295g unstrung) :

http://www.fischer-tennis.com/en/products_racket.php?show=detail&id_product=14889

ELPHIE
11-17-2006, 08:18 PM
COol you are really doing your homework buddy. Thanks for the info.

ELPHIE
11-19-2006, 10:02 PM
Seen 1 person who reviewed this racket and the feedback seems good. Hope to see more reviews on this racket before I buy it as in HK they never have a demo.

ELPHIE
11-23-2006, 08:24 PM
I finally bought the racket and have enough time trying it on the court. What I can say is that it is really a good racket. The light weight is actually not a factor at all as I came from RDS001 which is really hefty compare to this. If you can demo this racket this is really a good stuff and I am not going to be suprise if this will be popular soon. Also I did use the Babolat Hurricane Tour 17g at 56lbs and this comb. is really made for each other. Control/Spin/Power/Feel are all there for the taking.

counterpuncher
11-23-2006, 08:45 PM
Glad to hear that you have bought one and like it. I am liking mine more and more each time I use it.

Is the heavier SL (320g) model also available in HK, as I having trouble finding it in Australia or anywhere for that matter ?

Can I also ask out of curiosity how much they are in HK ? As this may be a good option for me to get the heavier version.

ELPHIE
11-23-2006, 08:54 PM
Unfortunately in HK they only have the lighter version and it cost me Hk$1100 and I paid for the String plus the job another HK$100 so that would be HK$1200. In US that is 1200/7.8 . I think if you really like the SL due to the weight this is actually more ideal as you can customized it as there is no more teurning back to lower the weight if you buy the SL one. Really good racket compare to my RDS 001 MP .. Way too good for comparison and I am a hard core player so I know when the racket is really good. I am not saying RDS001 MP is bad as it is one of the best racket you can have but compare the pros with the Magnetic Tour I would say no contest. Will buy another 2 more this weekend and hope they still have stock. Fisher is the hardest brand of Racket to buy in here.

ELPHIE
11-27-2006, 08:15 AM
I have played with it for 5 times and the longer I play with this stick the more I found how this racquet is really good compare to all the sticks I have used. I ma playing for more than 30 yrs now and this is the first time I appreciate a well balance racquet. Hope everyone can atleast demo this so they would know what I am talking about. I would 100% prefer this than the one Bagdathis is using which is also a great stick but nothing compare to this wonderful Magnetic Tour. my advise is try to demo it and you will surely be sold and love it. Whatever your game is.

Steve Huff
11-27-2006, 09:40 AM
Being a long-time user of the ProKennex 5g, I just switched to the M Speed 105. I've used the 10g PSE (nice frame also), the 15g PSE (too stiff and I could feel the slightly longer length, but played very well), the Laver Type S (pretty nice, but didn't like the balance as well), and the Head iRadical OS. I wanted something with a little larger head, yet still flexible, and most importantly, standard length. That pretty much leaves the M Speed 105. I, too, was surprised by it's low power. But, the power issue is easy to overcome with a more powerful string (I used a Klip Legend/TF Multifeel hybrid on this one). I like the slightly larger head. It has a soft feel, but not a muted soft feel like the iRad. I can tell where the ball is going better. There's nothing like really crushing a ball with the 10g, but I think this Fischer is a little more forgiving. Anyway, after a long, long time of using Pro Kennex rackets, starting back to the original Black Ace, I have switched to the Fischer M Speed 105. Hopefully, this will suit my game better, and continue to be as arm-friendly as my Pro Kennex's were.

fujitsu77
11-27-2006, 02:47 PM
Have you tried the RDX 500?

rainmaker
11-27-2006, 04:57 PM
steve, have you added more weight to the 105? i'd like to know what it feels like stock and otherwise...

i'm also thinking about getting the 105 for the same reasons....

and how is the build quality??

ELPHIE
11-27-2006, 05:09 PM
The 105 is different from Magnetic Tour in so many ways. I have tried it and also suprise how good it is but I will take the Magnetic tour any given time. This is the newest stick from Fisher which has a standard length and 100 head size but also a full swing stick & low power which is really lovely as it is very maneurable better than Magnetic Speed.

rainmaker
11-27-2006, 05:17 PM
i don't know... i think a slightly heavier stick is better in the long run..

i've played with 10.5 and 11oz racquets and they always get rattled in returns... plus they seem to give me elbow pains...

the 105 is closer to a 12oz stick...

i guess i'll try to demo them both!

ELPHIE
11-27-2006, 05:25 PM
rainmaker that is the best you can do demo both so you will know what suits you. But if you browse earlier you will see I am having tennis elbow right now that is why I have given up the RDS001 which is a good stick. Now I can play 3 hours without sore in my elbow. If you try the 98 version of M speed you will not realized the difference in weight between this Magnetic tour but from the weight you can see this is 12oz. So I believe the best way is what you just said demo but add the 98 as well so you will see what I am talking. Hope you will find the best stick suited for you. Actually I am gonna buy another one tomorrow as I am having a tournament coming this coming Sunday. Hong Kong Open (Open Division) here I can tell how I easilly adjusted from using RDS001 to Magnetic Tour asd they are totally different in many ways.

rainmaker
11-27-2006, 05:39 PM
i will.... and good luck to you....

keep us in the loop!!

ELPHIE
11-27-2006, 05:47 PM
Thanks hope to win it for the second time around. Goodluck as well for your experiments and one advise I can tell you demo each stick 1 day at a time so you will really have the good analysis of each than to demo them all together in one go.

ClimbK2
11-27-2006, 07:21 PM
A worthwhile site which discusses good racquets for tennis elbow (it's #1 in "Google" when you do a search on tennis racquets) is
http://www.racquetresearch.com/

I've had tennis elbow and have done some other research too. To minimize TE, one should
- Play with a heavy racquet (head-light to keep the swing weight down)
- Play with a flexible racquet
- Play with a soft string at low tension
- Have your strokes analyzed, particularly 1-handed backhands (which I have)
- Examine any other behaviors which may cause the TE (repetitive motion)

ELPHIE
11-27-2006, 08:05 PM
ClimbK2 at 11oz that should be OK and for flex this is one of the flexiest stick you can have . Also consider that too much heavy will also have some effect in your forearm if you play longer. I totally agree with you on that but weight also should be consider on one's built. Try to carry a heavy stuff when you have TE and you will really feel the pain. So it should be said that it is case to case basis when it comes to weight. But the rest I do agree. Still for the softer string you can still have Poly but make sure it is on a downside of tension and hybrid with natural gut to tame the stiffeness of the poly/mono. Also there are new poly/mono which are really soft.
http://www.racquetsportsindustry.com...gselector.html this is a good reference for types/brands of Strings.

austro
11-28-2006, 06:28 AM
I just took out a demo of the Magnetic Tour as well (we're talking about the yellow one, right?). It did play very nicely and had an almost buttery feel. But I also felt that it was a bit light and the 100 sq inch size insulted my pride... I am looking forward to trying out the Pro No 1 next week (light version) which is stiffer and on paper has the same specifications as my Pure Storm.

Does anyone have any experience with the light version of the Pro No 1? Being an Austrian product, it can hardly be bad... ;-)

counterpuncher
11-28-2006, 05:10 PM
Be keen to hear a comparison when you have a hit with it.

I have been hitting with the Magnetic Tour for a few weeks now and have been playing around with lead tape, as I found it light also. so far i have found 4 grams at 10 & 2 and 8 grams at the top of the handle to work best.

Still playing around with the lead tape, but this does seem to solve the lightness issue for me while keeping it maneuvarable, which along with the touch aspect means I actually prefer it to my Pure Storm.

crism54
12-04-2006, 02:21 AM
this racket have the pallet in the handle, like volkl and head?
which is the material?

austro
12-04-2006, 08:31 AM
I just hit with both this weekend. Unfortunately, one day is what very wet on the Astro Turf and the other I was indoors, on hardcourt, which is a surface I don't usually play on (and hate!). In comparison to my Pure Storm, the Magnetic Tour felt way to light and that was an impression that overwhelmed anything else.

The Magnetic No1 (light one) was very similar to the Pure Storm but also felt lighter. I am not sure why it has a different swingweight as according to TW both the weight and the balance are the same. It had quite a solid feel but I wasn't convinced to change from my Babolat. Really nothing wrong with it but the advantages do not outweigh the cost of getting used to a new racquet for me. I may yet have to try the heavier version and also use them under more comparavble conditions to usual. Under the ciircumstances I wouldn't feel comfortable providing more feedback.

javier sergio
01-18-2007, 10:37 AM
I am just recovring from an elbow problem and want to change my racquet as I am using before a Yonex RDS001 which is really good stuff (The best I ever use except the tennis elbow I got) but maybe due to the stiffness. I am looking for a replacement and found that Fischer has just comes out with this magnetic tour whihc is flexible and sort of a player's raquet. Needs someone's advise on this new racket also anyone experience amny issue with Yonex RDS001 on their elbow. This is the first time I have this problem since I started playing the game for more than 25 yrs and started when I use this Yonex 6 months ago.

Hope to hear from you guys as I am trying to buy a new set of racquets to repalce my RDS001.. Thx in advance for your time on helping me out on this.:)

For your TE check yuor strings and technique, I don't think is the RDS the problem

tangoll
01-20-2007, 03:27 PM
Elphie, can you tell me which shops in HK carry Fischer racquets? I've only seen them in Classic at Tin Hau, price there for the 98 in head (Pro #1?) was about HK$1500 or more, if I remember. Any better deals at other shops? I go to Ahluwalia in TST, MasterGear in Causeway Bay, and don't like to go to Wah Sang in CB. Thanks.

ELPHIE
01-22-2007, 11:22 PM
They are now selling it on Classic Pro shops and the one infront of that which is near the Tennis courts in CB. But the best price I have seen it and where I bought it is in Master Gear also in Causeway Bay Tel:34285002 or MRS in Mong Kok #23962021

tangoll
01-22-2007, 11:45 PM
Elphie, thanks. Did go to Master Gear in CB and my friend bought the Mag Tour UL for a price 2/3 of price quoted in Classic at Tin Hau. We will try out the racquet tomorrow and if that plays well, I might get the Mag Pro no. 1, also at Master Gear. Knowing price difference, I will probably never buy any racquet from Classic again. Ahluwalia's in TST also has decent prices. Don't know about MRS in MK. Are they on Fa Yuen Street?

tangoll
01-23-2007, 07:51 AM
Elphie, I went to MRS in Mongkok just to look around. Prices of Fischer racquets and all strings in the same price range as at Master Gear of CB. Since I live on HK side, MG is more convenient for me, so will probably stick with MG for most of my tennis needs. Ahluwalia's in TST also has competitive prices.

ELPHIE
01-31-2007, 02:03 AM
So how sthe game of your friend using the Fisher Magnetic Tour? Hope he loves it as I can tell you I can play again better as it really helps my trouble tennis elbow problem. Very nice racquet but you need to be full swing.

Roy
01-31-2007, 07:52 PM
I have played with it for 5 times and the longer I play with this stick the more I found how this racquet is really good compare to all the sticks I have used. I ma playing for more than 30 yrs now and this is the first time I appreciate a well balance racquet. Hope everyone can atleast demo this so they would know what I am talking about. I would 100% prefer this than the one Bagdathis is using which is also a great stick but nothing compare to this wonderful Magnetic Tour. my advise is try to demo it and you will surely be sold and love it. Whatever your game is.

Elphie, can u pls. elaborate why this frame is better than the mspeed ?

Which racket is more powerful ?

Which racket has more control ?

MANY THANKS.

crism54
02-01-2007, 09:59 AM
you can put the photos of the raquet, species in its section and even the handle without grip. hello

ELPHIE
02-01-2007, 06:43 PM
Power will be more on Magnetic Tour but it doesn't mean shots will be falling all over the places as you got use to it for a couple of hours. Control I would say I would be on Magnetic tour on this as the longer you play the game in a match the weight will surely be a big factor. Also it is just not the weight at all it is how you will feel the good feeling on this magnetic tour everytime you give it a big rip which is actually this racket is intended for. Long and fast swing will always be rewarded on this but compact and short swing is not advisable for this where the speed you can easilly get a way even with it. The best thing I can advise you is try to demo the racquet Roy and give it some time till you feel at ease with it as the weight is loit lighter than most oalyer's racquet but you will see the big dfference once you reach that point and will surely love it. Lots lots better than my MP RDS 001 which is too stiff that at the end of the day you arms are all numb already.LOL

SC in MA
02-01-2007, 07:38 PM
I've had a chance to hit a few times recently with the Magnetic Tour 100 UL (the light one). My regular racket is the MSpeed98 SL (the heavy one). I hope to write up more about the MTour100 later, but for now I'll say its a very nice, solid, tweener. If anyone has any specific question about it, please feel free to ask.

Roy
02-01-2007, 08:51 PM
Power will be more on Magnetic Tour but it doesn't mean shots will be falling all over the places as you got use to it for a couple of hours. Control I would say I would be on Magnetic tour on this as the longer you play the game in a match the weight will surely be a big factor. Also it is just not the weight at all it is how you will feel the good feeling on this magnetic tour everytime you give it a big rip which is actually this racket is intended for. Long and fast swing will always be rewarded on this but compact and short swing is not advisable for this where the speed you can easilly get a way even with it. The best thing I can advise you is try to demo the racquet Roy and give it some time till you feel at ease with it as the weight is loit lighter than most oalyer's racquet but you will see the big dfference once you reach that point and will surely love it. Lots lots better than my MP RDS 001 which is too stiff that at the end of the day you arms are all numb already.LOL

THANK YOU so much Elphie !!

No demo where I live. Will look out for a cheap 2nd hand.

I'm playing with the mspeed light and am happy with it. But i'm always open to something good.

Roy
02-01-2007, 08:53 PM
I've had a chance to hit a few times recently with the Magnetic Tour 100 UL (the light one). My regular racket is the MSpeed98 SL (the heavy one). I hope to write up more about the MTour100 later, but for now I'll say its a very nice, solid, tweener. If anyone has any specific question about it, please feel free to ask.

Look forward to your comparison with the Mspeed. Always good to hear more opinions.

Thanks in advance.

Roy
02-01-2007, 08:55 PM

Btw, Elphie, what's your best string combo so far for this racket ? Would use it as a reference for my mspeed.

THANKS again.

ELPHIE
02-01-2007, 11:57 PM
I use SPPP as the main and Pacific Tough Gut (Natural) for the cross. What a lovely combination. Another you can do is the Hurricane Pro tour / Pacific Tough Gut as one of my Magnetic Tour is using this and really good after the breakin in for a game atleast.

Roy
02-02-2007, 02:18 AM
I use SPPP as the main and Pacific Tough Gut (Natural) for the cross. What a lovely combination. Another you can do is the Hurricane Pro tour / Pacific Tough Gut as one of my Magnetic Tour is using this and really good after the breakin in for a game atleast.

At what tensions ?

55 ? That's my tension for mspeed.

Thanks.

pow
02-02-2007, 02:33 AM
Try the nblade,
many say it is underpowered, that has not been the case for me because I have the confidence to swing away which lets me hit much bigger. Before when I had more powerful racquet, I would restrict the follow through of my stroke to keep balls in.
I haven't heard people complain about arm problems with this stick, give it a try.

ELPHIE
02-04-2007, 05:08 AM
Roy I have 56 for the croos which is the gut and 54 for the main SPPP and it works wonderful.

Roy
02-05-2007, 02:01 AM
Roy I have 56 for the croos which is the gut and 54 for the main SPPP and it works wonderful.

Sounds like a good combo.

Thanks.

javier sergio
02-15-2007, 06:27 AM
The Fischer racquet is indeed easy on the arm, but have you considered lowering the string tension on your RDS?

The Fischer racquet has enough mass, but is a little underpowered (the midsize version, at least) , and for me it worked best when I strung in the low 50s.

Perhaps if you lowered the tension by about 5 lbs on your RDS racquets before buying a new set, you might save some money.

Then again, maybe you are hell-bent on buying the Fischer racquet. :-) It is a great racquet.

>strings and tension are the key.....we spend too much money on racquets when most of these issues could be solved with few bucks comparing with the cost of buying a new racquet.

crism54
02-17-2007, 10:29 AM
it does not seem that I raise enthusiasm there both very much about to this racket, who has tried it can openly speak . hi

crism54
02-22-2007, 12:49 PM
has no other tried it?

Roy
04-13-2007, 03:42 AM
Any update/new comments on this racket ??