PDA

View Full Version : Nerves...

jackabee
11-17-2006, 10:29 AM
Ok people,

I have a trial-like-thing to get into a tennis academy in London tomorrow and I am already starting to feel the nerves!

Basically, what scares me most is the people - it's not people watching or the chance of not getting in - but the other kids playing... I am a little worried they will be awesome and I will look sh1te! Am also rather worried that they will all know each other and I will feel a tad awkward!

Any help? :)

J

cghipp
11-17-2006, 10:51 AM
Good luck! Remind yourself that they're probably all just as nervous as you are, and just as worried about how they will measure up. And if they aren't, they ought to be because YOU WILL BE THERE!

Voltron
11-17-2006, 01:34 PM
Good luck! Remind yourself that they're probably all just as nervous as you are, and just as worried about how they will measure up. And if they aren't, they ought to be because YOU WILL BE THERE!

I agree, they are probably thinking the same things you are.

Lleytian3
11-17-2006, 02:56 PM
It is normal to feel nervous with all the butterflies and stuff like that.

It actually makes some people play better, just when you go on court, and you are warming up, jus concentrate on what you want to do during the match. try to find you opponets weakness's. think about how you can use your strengths to my advantage, and also think if plan A goes south, what will my plan B be.

When you are thinking of all this, your nerves will slowly go away, and you'll be ready to win.

Good luck and may the force be with you. =P

thejackal
11-17-2006, 04:42 PM
Don't be afraid of other being better. To be the best, one must play with the best.

EasternRocks
08-02-2007, 10:13 AM
Don't be afraid of other being better. To be the best, one must play with the best.

I agree, as days past, you'll think that u can compete with those kids.. when time goees, you'll be as good as them...worry about ur game and try ur best to improve it

federer envies me
08-04-2007, 08:08 AM
just try to stay calm and keep on telling yourself that whatever happens you are still a good player

Aeropro master
08-04-2007, 08:10 AM
It happens to everybody, everybody will be just as nervous as you, just try to play your best and hopefully you will make it!:)

PDRPPHVS+
08-04-2007, 08:11 AM
sounds like aeropromaster and federer envies me just reply the same answers!