PDA

View Full Version : Help on Prince graphite classic grip replacement

xmoustc
08-12-2004, 08:39 AM
I have a Prince graphite classic MP and I like it a lot. But the only thing I don't like is it's leather grip. It was slippery and edgy. I put an overgrip on and it's no longer slippery but still quite edgy. I am thinking of removing the orginal leather grip and putting a replacement grip. But I am not sure if it will work because I guess it's the shape of the handle that makes it edgy and no matter what you put, it just maintains the shape.
Does any one has similiar experience. Please help. Thanks!!!
:?

Colpo
08-12-2004, 11:15 AM
Not true. It IS the leather grip that, when pulled tight, reveals all of the base grip's bevels, giving it that "edgy" feel you dislike. I recommend removing the leather grip and replacing it with a Wilson Sponge replacement grip (or similar cushiony grip). That'll soften those edges right out. I also recommend keeping the leather grip -- you never know.

xmoustc
08-12-2004, 12:21 PM
Not true. It IS the leather grip that, when pulled tight, reveals all of the base grip's bevels, giving it that "edgy" feel you dislike. I recommend removing the leather grip and replacing it with a Wilson Sponge replacement grip (or similar cushiony grip). That'll soften those edges right out. I also recommend keeping the leather grip -- you never know.

Thanks. I am going to try that.