PDA

View Full Version : Prince Boomerang Keychain Tool

tennis&racquetball89
11-17-2006, 02:29 PM
I play with the Prince 03 Tour tennis racquet. Everytime you tension a cross string you have to use the brake on the stringer to keep the string up against the side of the o port. There is an alternative to this however, they make a tool called the Prince Boomerang keychain. I've actually only heard of this tool and seen pictures of it. If anyone else uses this tool please tell me how it works. Also, I can't find any places that sell them so if you know of a place please tell me.

Redflea
11-17-2006, 02:31 PM
TW carries them, and the tool comes w/some instructions, I believe. I ordered one to do my Wife's O3, but haven't opened it yet.

Likely Prince has instructions on their site as well...

rod_b
11-17-2006, 02:43 PM
Prince sent me 2 free (1 tour, 1 for O3 White) when I called their customer service number.

O2TourMS
11-17-2006, 02:57 PM
You can email Prince and they will send you one.
I tried to used the tool, did not fit good, tight in couple places, when you pull the string, the tool pop out, if you have brake on your stringer, you don't really need the tool. You can try to put the string on the jaw, take out the slack, turn the racket to the right position, then lock the brake.

snoflewis
11-17-2006, 03:06 PM
I play with the Prince 03 Tour tennis racquet. Everytime you tension a cross string you have to use the brake on the stringer to keep the string up against the side of the o port. There is an alternative to this however, they make a tool called the Prince Boomerang keychain. I've actually only heard of this tool and seen pictures of it. If anyone else uses this tool please tell me how it works. Also, I can't find any places that sell them so if you know of a place please tell me.

also, due to the friction between the string and the boomerang tool, you have to raise the tension by a few lbs to get the real tension you want.

arex
05-10-2009, 12:14 AM
Dear friends,

Lately, I have been doing some research across various Internet forums of tennis fans and people who work in the field (e.g restringing rackets).

I was amazed by the vast amount of complaints and dissatisfaction of people who encounter the task of restringing of Prince rackets such as o3, Speed Port, EXO3 .

The reason for that is the necessity of usage house tools such as screwdrivers, pens, and surprisingly even their own hip, as a result of the fact that the especially designed tool for the task – Boomerang -- is not to be found in every stringer's toolbox, the Boomerang is not universal, that it doesn’t fit to every racket, and lastly, to use it properly one has to be skillful and proficient in order to elicit maximum effect.

Naturally, I decided to help those people, given the fact that I myself as a veteran stringer (more than 5 years of experience) have faced the same problem over the years. I started thinking about a solution, which eventually came to me as a perfect idea for a universal tool, that will undoubtedly address all possible problems of stringing Prince rackets such as o3, Speed Port, EX03, including the problem of stringing the last string in Speed Port rackets.

I have constructed a prototype of the tool and use it on daily basis, it’s easy to use for a novice, fits to any racket in the market. It’s definitely a great success.

Should my idea interest you, I would be happy to hear from you.
Kind regards
Arex

azarembo@gmail.com

arex
05-10-2009, 12:21 AM
http://www.stringforum.net/board/showthread.php?t=2674

smack that
07-27-2009, 10:50 AM
does prince give these out for free?

precision2b
07-27-2009, 12:20 PM
Prince sent me 2 free (1 tour, 1 for O3 White) when I called their customer service number.

Same here. They sent me 2 free also...

precision2b
07-27-2009, 12:28 PM
You can email Prince and they will send you one.
I tried to used the tool, did not fit good, tight in couple places, when you pull the string, the tool pop out, if you have brake on your stringer, you don't really need the tool. You can try to put the string on the jaw, take out the slack, turn the racket to the right position, then lock the brake.

I string a lot of 03’s and I have not had this problem.( never had one to pop out) Prince sent me 2 deferent sizes. They work great for me and they are simple to use…

precision2b
07-27-2009, 12:35 PM
does prince give these out for free?

Yes, and did not charge any shipping....

tennisnoob2
07-27-2009, 01:03 PM
what numbers did you guys call? i called today and the dial tone went dead.

i called 1-800-2-tennis btw

precision2b
07-27-2009, 03:20 PM
what numbers did you guys call? i called today and the dial tone went dead.

i called 1-800-2-tennis btw

It's been a long time ago, but that sounds like the number. I would keep trying it or email them,,,

Virtua Tennis
07-27-2009, 10:39 PM
I got a bag full of that stuff from the rep they're suppose to be given when we sold an o3 but I found they don't fit tennis racquets well but they fit better on their O3 squash racquets.

precision2b
07-28-2009, 06:41 AM
I got a bag full of that stuff from the rep they're suppose to be given when we sold an o3 but I found they don't fit tennis racquets well but they fit better on their O3 squash racquets.

I must have gotten lucky on mine. I have to deferent sizes and the larger one fits most with no problem. It kind of hooks through the hole and holds the string in place write where it is supposed to. I am assuming everyone is installing the string through the groove on both ends of the tool ??? I maybe stringing a 03 soon and I will up-load photos when I do… I don’t like using my brake because it puts a lot of strain on the brake, + the racquet is not always in the exact position it needs to be, not letting the string rest all the way on the side of the port like it should IMO….