PDA

View Full Version : ****Head Agassi Radical****

fujitsu77
11-18-2006, 10:51 AM
I used to use a POG OS, before switching to an O3 HT. Unfortunatley, my O3 HT no longer suits me and I am (yet again) looking for a new racquet.

I saw the Head Agassi Radical and was pleased by the review it got from tennis warehouse, and am considering picking one of these up.

The only problem is maneuverablity. I switched from the POG OS because of its lack of maneuverablity. Is this racquet like that or is it more maneuverable and easier to swing than the POG? Also, for those of you who have used it, how is this racquets forehand slice (another difficulty I encountered with the POG).

Thanks for your answers.

fujitsu77
11-18-2006, 08:04 PM
anyone? please help!

mclee025
11-18-2006, 09:19 PM
If you look at the specs between the POG OS and the limited edition Agassi Radical, they are very close. They are both a bit over 12 ounces and are about 6 points head light. Their swing weight are both very close and they have very similar shapes. So if you didn't like the maneuverability of the POG, you're not likely to like that of the Radical either. The Radical has a wider beam, 21mm vs 19mm, so that's not going to help make it swing easier.

StunLock
11-20-2006, 11:03 AM
This is one nice racquet.

I demo'd it the other day and was most impressed with the solid/stable feel it gave me, noticably more so than the 001RDS MP I tried at the same time. As far as maneuverablity, I can't compare with the POG OS since I've never played with one, the Agassi is somewhat less maneuverable than the n6.1 95 (which also gave me better forehand slice), but it was not bad at all. I think if you play at the net a lot, it may be a concern.

I'm never a big fan of OS racquets but I'll probably be getting one and maybe pick up an MP k-factor later? : D