PDA

View Full Version : Babolat PD

david3
08-12-2004, 10:00 AM
I am currently using a PD+ and i like the way i hit with it, but my elbow has started hurting. I was wondering if maybe switching to a Standard PD would help?
I also heard that if you grip to tightly that can cause elbow pain too, i currently use a 5/8 maybe switching to a 1/2 might help also?

Any Help would be much appreciated.

Hit 'em clean
08-12-2004, 10:13 AM
It's possible that switching from the PD+ to the PD might help alleviate some of your elbow issues. And, yes a tight grip can definitely lead to fatigue of the muscle and straining of the tendons. A grip that is too small is worse than a grip that is too large. Demo the PD and see if that feels better. Second relax your grip and make sure that you're not squeezing to hard when you swing and that you're hand and arm are completely relaxed between points and when you're not hitting the ball. Also, make a point of holding/carrying the racquet with your non-dominant hand inbetween points to allow your dominant arm time to rest.

Fatigue often leads to injury. You'd be surprised how much it helps just to carry the racquet in the opposite hand inbetween points

RedKat
08-13-2004, 03:05 AM
I do not think that PD standart will help. It is too stiff. I play with PD now and has recently developed mild tennis elbow. Went to a soft string (Gamma TNT 16) at low tension (25kg) also added some lead tape (36g in total, 24g to the handle and 12 g at 3 and 9 o'clock). Feels better now.

tennis tech
08-14-2004, 10:20 AM
I was in a similar case, I used the PD std with poly strings at 65, I lowered tension until 55, changed to syn gut, no improvement.
I decided to switch to PCZ 360 and no more problems.

kreative
08-16-2004, 11:36 AM
try a softer string such as gamma livewire professional, or technifibre NRG2

rooski
08-17-2004, 05:16 PM
The PD+ hurt my wrist for some reason. I've never had that problem with other rackets...although that was the first overlength racket I had used. I don't seem to have the problem with the PD Std.. No elbow problems yet.

I agree with the comments about using a soft string in these stiff rackets. It definately makes a difference with your arm. The only downside with these premium multi's is that they ADD power to the already powerful PD. You might want to also do some weight training (or squeezing a gel ball) to gain strength in your arm.