PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Australia Juniors!!!

emo5
11-18-2006, 10:52 PM
Anyone here competing in Tennis australia?

Tell us your name and share your profile!!

Duzza
11-18-2006, 11:24 PM
Hmm I was gonna start a thread like this, but didn't think it would be too popular. I'm 16, played a few Rankings tourneys this year, didn't do so well.

[ GTR ]
11-29-2006, 03:02 AM
Hey emo5,

When you played in the tourney for specials doubles, is this you?

Ajam R / Del Pozo J?

emo5
12-01-2006, 12:58 AM
uhh sorry, no that wasnt me. ^^

kicker magic
02-15-2008, 01:42 AM
even though this thread is probably dead played a few W.A tournaments did alright =/

kicker magic
02-15-2008, 01:45 AM
sorry if i double posted internet had another sad -_-

baghdatis
03-30-2008, 06:56 PM
ok maybe third time lucky..

Bump..

I'd love this thread to be a regular/

lolza
03-31-2008, 06:31 PM
hello
im from an australian junior, just played the eastern region tourny in melb, lost in first round though xD

baghdatis
03-31-2008, 09:13 PM
Eyyz I played that to :D

But 1st round exit.. Though I got to 3rd round in Consol, I couldv'e made the semis I reckon..

Got a rank Lolza?

kicker magic
04-01-2008, 04:03 AM
Hmmmm Eastern States Tournaments are quite difficult especially the Melbourne ones..well the one our school takes us to anyway. -_-

baghdatis
04-01-2008, 04:32 AM
yea they are.. I think they are the toughest down here but there are much more of them to play

chiapants226
04-01-2008, 10:21 PM
lol i lost first round of 18s in eastern regions to. gonna give up tourneys for a while. played 4, and have only made it past the first round once. give up tourneys, concentrate on year 12 :p i'll play some tourneys later in the year when i can drive places :D i cant wait.

baghdatis
04-01-2008, 10:36 PM
gud Idea man this the crucial point of school.. If ur losing give up for a bit.

U still have G14 pennant ;)

D. Dokas
04-01-2008, 10:36 PM
baghdatis i wonder how u got to 3rd round of consol??? i just wonder??

baghdatis
04-01-2008, 10:39 PM
ok d.dokas.. don't be a smartass ;)

lol

chiapants226
04-01-2008, 10:39 PM
gud Idea man this the crucial point of school.. If ur losing give up for a bit.

U still have G14 pennant ;)

lol g14 pennant is **** :p thats what i get for joining a club with 3 pennant teams. wantirna's highest pennant team is pennant 6. how lame.

D. Dokas
04-01-2008, 10:41 PM
whos playing any tournament soon.... team tennis metropolitan championships?

baghdatis
04-01-2008, 10:44 PM
ya i am.. possible 2nd round encounter betweek us :p :lol:

baghdatis
04-01-2008, 10:47 PM
lol g14 pennant is **** :p thats what i get for joining a club with 3 pennant teams. wantirna's highest pennant team is pennant 6. how lame.

yea kinda same at My club east coburg.

supposed to be 3 teams grade 2/3 i think. a grade 9 and there was gana be a grade 13 but 2 players were unreliable so there was no team :(

I might get sum emergency matches in g9 though.

chiapants226
04-01-2008, 10:49 PM
yea kinda same at My club east coburg.

supposed to be 3 teams grade 2/3 i think. a grade 9 and there was gana be a grade 13 but 2 players were unreliable so there was no team :(

I might get sum emergency matches in g9 though.

yehh, if i dont move up to like pennant 9 or higher next season, i reckon i'll move clubs in search of a higher pennant grade! :D should do well this season.

D. Dokas
04-01-2008, 10:50 PM
its possible baghdatis lol

chiapants226
04-01-2008, 11:17 PM
lol. next tourney i probably will play will be like...
schoolboys at the end of the year. might play a bit of dubs in between then.

D. Dokas
04-01-2008, 11:25 PM
schoolboys thats a long way off lol...isnt that in like november december?

kicker magic
04-02-2008, 02:19 AM
I still think the amount of tournaments in Australia has much to be desired. the lack of tournaments really affects how far you can get and therefore your ranking. Apparently in France there is 5000 tournaments a year so you could be playing what like 4 tournys a month?! Anyway for pennants I think ill be about divy 4 for 14s this year or divy 6 for 16s

D. Dokas
04-02-2008, 02:32 AM
wow 5000 tournies
u can go to 1 lose first round go to the other on the same day and win maybe lol

D. Dokas
04-02-2008, 02:33 AM
how many of you guys are ranked?

baghdatis
04-02-2008, 02:38 AM
wow 5000 tournies
u can go to 1 lose first round go to the other on the same day and win maybe lol

rules say u cant have more than one tourny at the same period of time:( :p

baghdatis
04-02-2008, 02:52 AM
So far we have:

Kicker magic= yes
Duzza=yes
D.Dokas=?? R u? ;)
baghdatis=?? waitingg for next rankings to come out but doubtful :( Stupid TA
Chiapants=no

Nyone else want to join?

chiapants226
04-02-2008, 04:20 AM
schoolboys thats a long way off lol...isnt that in like november december?

yehh its in december. but im in year 12 this year. so schoolboys will be after end of year exams, so its a good time. i'll play like schoolboys, frankston, everything there is to play cos i can drive myself there :p i'll just concentrate on pennant and school tennis for sports for now.

chiapants226
04-02-2008, 04:22 AM
So far we have:

Kicker magic= yes
Duzza=yes
D.Dokas=?? R u? ;)
baghdatis=?? waitingg for next rankings to come out but doubtful :( Stupid TA
Chiapants=no

Nyone else want to join?

whats this for??? people who have got rankings? stupid... i made r16 of schoolboys end of last year and i didnt get a ranking for it. lame AS. shoudlve gotten like 6 points. im still annoted :p

baghdatis
04-02-2008, 05:24 AM
well it's the ozzies we have in the thread,

:D

and whether they are ranked or not..

lolza
04-02-2008, 06:43 PM
Eyyz I played that to :D

But 1st round exit.. Though I got to 3rd round in Consol, I couldv'e made the semis I reckon..

Got a rank Lolza?

nah no ranking yet... got pretty close once

baghdatis
04-02-2008, 06:54 PM
ok keep trying n u'll get there soon. More tournies increases ur chances..

Hewitt Aussie
04-02-2008, 07:07 PM
hey guys i will be moving to Melbourne soon and i was wondering what the league is there that i could join. If you guys could provide information. I am 15 years old, and i don't know what the league is over there.

Duzza
04-02-2008, 08:09 PM
hey guys i will be moving to Melbourne soon and i was wondering what the league is there that i could join. If you guys could provide information. I am 15 years old, and i don't know what the league is over there.

Play pennant mate. Season starts start of May I'm pretty sure, ends about September. If you're a good 16s player you would usually see yourself in Grade 7-4 I'd say thats about right. A really good 16s player maybe 4-2 and if your Marvin Barker (15yo) State Grade number 2! lol. It goes up to Grade 17 or something I think, and all the way to State Grade which is top tennis. You play a Singles Rubber every odd week and 2 doubles rubbers on the even. Great comp, bit of travel though, so try get some older blokes who can drive you!

Whereabouts in Melbourne are you moving?

rum02
04-02-2008, 08:18 PM
I'm 18, not sure if I'm still a junior lol. sick of the lack of tennis in my parts anyway.

baghdatis
04-02-2008, 08:23 PM

Hey, Where abouts in Melb?? Saw ur vid.. u shud play some Optus hunior tour tournies for ranking points. U'll alright in the 16's. U could also get into a pennnant team.
Maybe we shud have a hit some time:)

Play pennant mate. Season starts start of May I'm pretty sure, ends about September. If you're a good 16s player you would usually see yourself in Grade 7-4 I'd say thats about right. A really good 16s player maybe 4-2 and if your Marvin Barker (15yo) State Grade number 2! lol. It goes up to Grade 17 or something I think, and all the way to State Grade which is top tennis. You play a Singles Rubber every odd week and 2 doubles rubbers on the even. Great comp, bit of travel though, so try get some older blokes who can drive you!

Whereabouts in Melbourne are you moving?

It actually only goes up to 14 this year. I will probably get afew matches in grade 9 this year.
What grade u playing for Dendy?

chiapants226
04-02-2008, 08:45 PM
lol. who wants to have a hit sometime at wantirna tennis club or templeton tennis club? :p
if you live somewhere crazy like sandringham we can have a hit at melbourne park, like me and duzza did :p

baghdatis
04-02-2008, 09:55 PM
Lol I was going up and down that area almost all of last week with the ERT tourney.

Anyone of those clybs have hard or synthetic grass courts.. ATm i am pretty sick and tired of bloody en tout cas

chiapants226
04-02-2008, 10:13 PM
Lol I was going up and down that area almost all of last week with the ERT tourney.

Anyone of those clybs have hard or synthetic grass courts.. ATm i am pretty sick and tired of bloody en tout cas

templeton has syn grass courts. wanna have a hit there sometime? :D

baghdatis
04-02-2008, 10:20 PM
yea why not, atm I am really busy, so ptobably not these holifays :(

but we can organise for later on..

I am actually playing wantirna tennis club in pennant this seasonon..
Where do u play penant?

Also, I'm in Coburg so it's pretty far for me..I reckon..

chiapants226
04-02-2008, 10:23 PM
yea why not, atm I am really busy, so ptobably not these holifays :(

but we can organise for later on..

I am actually playing wantirna tennis club in pennant this seasonon..
Where do u play penant?

Also, I'm in Coburg so it's pretty far for me..I reckon..

lol yehh. oh well. im playing pennant at wantirna :p maybe i'll see you there sometime. you'll be playing my friend in grade 9 then. hes pretty good.

Duzza
04-02-2008, 10:33 PM
It actually only goes up to 14 this year. I will probably get afew matches in grade 9 this year.
What grade u playing for Dendy?

Cool, good luck in G9, played that two years ago and now I'm in 3! When I was playing G9 I filled in one week for G4 and got spanked 2 and 3 and next year I'm in G4 thinking what the hell is going on haha......

baghdatis
04-02-2008, 10:48 PM
lol yehh. oh well. im playing pennant at wantirna maybe i'll see you there sometime. you'll be playing my friend in grade 9 then. hes pretty good.

ya I'm still not sure if i'l even play that week but I hope I do :p

kicker magic
04-03-2008, 03:25 AM
Got a tournament on the 14th:). Hopefully I'll get a good draw so my ranking will jump instead of the pitiful one I have at the moment -_-. When you guys are talking about Pennants this is the winter Pennant that your talking about right?:confused:

D. Dokas
04-03-2008, 03:43 AM
what tournament are u playing kicker magic?

kicker magic
04-03-2008, 04:31 AM
Um just a small one unless you've been to Perth you probably wouldn't know. Anyway it's the Hensman Park Junior Tournament.

Ronny
04-03-2008, 05:17 AM
Um just a small one unless you've been to Perth you probably wouldn't know. Anyway it's the Hensman Park Junior Tournament.

wat club u play for in perth? apparently in melbourne theres only 1 season of pennants and thats the winter one....in perth there is both summer and winter

kicker magic
04-03-2008, 03:50 PM
I play for Applecross at the moment but I might be changing. Oh only one season I thought especially In the eastern states that they would have 2. I guess there 1 season must go for much longer.

Ronny
04-03-2008, 04:31 PM
I play for Applecross at the moment but I might be changing. Oh only one season I thought especially In the eastern states that they would have 2. I guess there 1 season must go for much longer.

nah its just like winter pennants in perth maybe a tad longer

baghdatis
04-03-2008, 04:40 PM
well it starts late april and finnishes late August.

I think.. Maybe Duzza or someone could correct me.

Ronny
04-03-2008, 05:54 PM
well it starts late april and finnishes late August.

I think.. Maybe Duzza or someone could correct me.

really? if so then the melbourne pennant season is really short

baseliner87
04-03-2008, 06:55 PM
waiting for ranking to come out....should be fun played some tourney...did ok

played c grade dingley and won it.....(do you get points for that)

then i played frankston and lost in the second round........then i played consolidation and lost in the second round to the eventual winner in the match tiebreaker.........oh well

Duzza
04-03-2008, 11:29 PM
really? if so then the melbourne pennant season is really short

Yeah I'm not sure, but its an 8 team section, play teams Home and Away = 14 matches/weeks + 2 weeks of sectional finals + 2 weeks of Grade finals.

Duzza
04-03-2008, 11:32 PM
waiting for ranking to come out....should be fun played some tourney...did ok

played c grade dingley and won it.....(do you get points for that)

then i played frankston and lost in the second round........then i played consolidation and lost in the second round to the eventual winner in the match tiebreaker.........oh well
Your results are pretty random :p Lost to O'Donohue 0 and 0 but just lost to Keser in 3 sets. I play with Keser a lot, damn good bloke and a good player. Recently won 4-6 6-3 7-6(2) against him.

What were you doing playing C grade singles?!?! haha

dunlop kid
04-04-2008, 12:00 AM
Is anyone from Sydney?I'm 15 and play aussie ranking points tournaments.Im ranked 500

baseliner87
04-04-2008, 12:16 AM
Your results are pretty random :p Lost to O'Donohue 0 and 0 but just lost to Keser in 3 sets. I play with Keser a lot, damn good bloke and a good player. Recently won 4-6 6-3 7-6(2) against him.

What were you doing playing C grade singles?!?! haha

well i jsut started playing tournaments, dingley was my fisrt one and i though i was gona get killed....

yeah your friend is really good, very close match....i don't think he liked me much, he thought i was sledging him in another language......i speak spanish and i was trying to pump myself up... thats why he thought that.

:):):)

kicker magic
04-04-2008, 03:41 AM
Lol Baseliner87 my friend got in trouble for doing that (hes part Italian) everybody thought he was swearing....

Duzza
04-04-2008, 05:47 AM
well i jsut started playing tournaments, dingley was my fisrt one and i though i was gona get killed....

yeah your friend is really good, very close match....i don't think he liked me much, he thought i was sledging him in another language......i speak spanish and i was trying to pump myself up... thats why he thought that.

:):):)

He will do that. Thinks I cheat in matches too :p don't worry about it. Good luck in future tournaments, if you're ever down Bayside way let me know and we can hit.

baseliner87
04-05-2008, 01:32 AM
Lol Baseliner87 my friend got in trouble for doing that (hes part Italian) everybody thought he was swearing....

lol yeah, parents stare at me sometimes, all i do is just pump myself up or talk about my shot selections......

baseliner87
04-05-2008, 01:35 AM
He will do that. Thinks I cheat in matches too :p don't worry about it. Good luck in future tournaments, if you're ever down Bayside way let me know and we can hit.

yeah no prob...i live around the cardinia area (berwick, beaconsfield)
my bro is one of the assistants down at the beacy courts, so i'm usually down there having a hit with him....let me know if you drop down my end.:):)

Duzza
04-05-2008, 09:05 PM
yeah no prob...i live around the cardinia area (berwick, beaconsfield)
my bro is one of the assistants down at the beacy courts, so i'm usually down there having a hit with him....let me know if you drop down my end.:):)

Playing pennant?

rum02
04-06-2008, 12:32 AM
are there any good websites for tourneys in australia (particularly vic) other than tennis.com.au?

Duzza
04-06-2008, 12:39 AM
are there any good websites for tourneys in australia (particularly vic) other than tennis.com.au?

www.tennisresults.com.au has a list of all AR tournaments+more that are coming up. Download the calendars I guess you could start there but it's pretty hard to find all the tournaments..

rum02
04-08-2008, 05:25 AM
www.tennisresults.com.au has a list of all AR tournaments+more that are coming up. Download the calendars I guess you could start there but it's pretty hard to find all the tournaments..

thanks but that is the tennis.com.au site. anything else? Are their any ways to get rankings points other than open tournaments and top junior tourneys? I live in country vic and there's only a few tourneys on a year anywhere near me. I'm borderline open mens standard but I just need to get a bit better to get to that level, and I was hoping there'd be some way to do so without travelling all over vic only to get spanked in the first round of opens.

one last question to any aussie juniors, I turned 18 in february, what is the general cut off date for juniors?

baseliner87
04-11-2008, 10:30 PM
Playing pennant?

yep grade 8 for hallam......first season.....pretty excited, how about u?

chiapants226
04-12-2008, 12:45 AM

whattt lol. asif you get grade 8 for your first season. thats so good. i got grade 14 this season and its my first season too. so lucky you are.

baghdatis
04-12-2008, 01:10 AM
Umm.. Chris..

I got Gr 9 in ma 1st season this year :p

chiapants226
04-12-2008, 02:44 AM
Umm.. Chris..

I got Gr 9 in ma 1st season this year :p

haha yehh, but didnt you say you were wouldnt be getting a full season??? and didnt you say you were supposed to be playing 13, but your club couldnt get a team together. meh id be happy with like half a season in grade 9... lame club ive joined lol.

Duzza
04-12-2008, 02:48 AM

I'm in G3, you should do pretty swell in 8, Pete's playing 3 too.

equinox
04-12-2008, 04:41 AM
Got G9s2. Hitting partner got G6s3. A kid #1, i beat 8-3 in march tourny, probably got G6s1 unless he switched clubs.

Kid (poty g14) that beat me in district finals 3sets 6-4, probably got g10s2. hehe.

Interesting. baseliner good to see you went two better than me @ dingley singles and took my dlbs title. :D

You should have fun playing with michael and paul both are solid players, jason not so much. Big rauls a laugh to watch.
We narrowly beat them 1st time i played and they carved us up on the reverse with our other youngsters playing.

You're better than eight. Is chris playing? what about jamie? did he move to? Can't imagine living up that way, so far away from everything.

baseliner87
04-12-2008, 05:03 PM
I'm in G3, you should do pretty swell in 8, Pete's playing 3 too.

nice...yeah hopefully i do well, and next season i find a good club with more teams.

baseliner87
04-12-2008, 05:10 PM
Got G9s2. Hitting partner got G6s3. A kid #1, i beat 8-3 in march tourny, probably got G6s1 unless he switched clubs.

Interesting. baseliner good to see you went two better than me @ dingley singles and took my dlbs title. :D

You should have fun playing with michael and paul both are solid players, jason not so much. Big rauls a laugh to watch.
We narrowly beat them 1st time i played and they carved us up on the reverse with our other youngsters playing.

You're better than eight. Is chris playing? what about jamie? did he move to? Can't imagine living up that way, so far away from everything.

did you play dingley? who were you? how do you know my bro? how do you know my whole team? i have not even met them yet?

why i'm i asking so many questions well ...i dunno

lol.......yeah Chris is playing with me aswell, my bro is a good solid palyer but he lacks speed and fitness, so hes began working on that...really hard.

hallam is not that far away....is it?

kicker magic
04-14-2008, 02:13 AM
Hey just got informed that I'm playing Pennants (in Perth its winter Pennants) I'm in division 2 14's which is pretty good I'd rather play 16's though oh well that's life :).

shoh
05-23-2008, 05:01 AM
im a junior from melbourne. i play predominantly ITFs though, not tennis australia/victoria tournys.

baghdatis
05-24-2008, 12:30 AM
Do you play state grade??

dunlop kid
05-24-2008, 02:55 AM
Hello im ranked 517. I just turned 16 and i live in Sydney

shoh
05-24-2008, 07:32 AM
i played two matches in pennant last year, one in grade one the other in state grade

Hewitt Aussie
05-26-2008, 03:36 PM
hey guys, im originally from australia, and im moving back this summer (or winter there), can you send me a link to the junior tournaments page on the tennis australia website. Are there many in Melbourne each month. Im talking about tennis australia not pennants. How many tournaments are you allowed to play each month? thankyou.