PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Me!!!!!

fujitsu77
11-19-2006, 08:07 AM
Well, I'm on the hunt for yet another racquet:sad: :sad: (my O3 HT let me down).

I am considering the Redondo MP and the RDS 001 MP but any other suggestions would be appreciated.

I need something that is stable, maneuverable, and low powered.

I also like flexy, low powered racquets (old-school feel).

(I also have some minor elbow probs so I would like a racquet that is elbow friendly)

Please Help, I'm getting pretty desperate looking for the right racquet:sad:
:p

Thanks

(4.5 baseline attacker, supply most of my own power)

bcsax123
11-19-2006, 08:29 AM
POG OS - One of the most stable stock frames out there. As maneuverable as a MP, low powered, but you can easily add lots of power by stringing inder 62lbs, flexy, but stiff at throat because of crossbar, and has a old school feel. It's rated the most arm freindly racquet according to racquetreaserch.com, It's a awesome baseline stick.
Hope your serve is good, because it's hard to serve bombs with it though...

Try it out, it seems like what you need.

Bottle Rocket
11-19-2006, 08:35 AM
What is wrong with your POG?

fujitsu77
11-19-2006, 08:40 AM
What is wrong with your POG?

Well, my POG OS came in with a 13 oz. stock weight. and I found it hard to use it at the net. Serving wasn't a problem with it though. (I was actually able to serve harder with it than with my O3 HT).

I just found it hard to use at the net and hard to slice with (expecially forehand).

Do all POG OSs come to be around 13 oz. stock, or was it just mine?

bcsax123
11-19-2006, 08:42 AM
Edit: lol i didnt know you had a POG

My POG is avout 12.7 strung.

Voltron
11-19-2006, 09:05 AM
I would suggest the RDS 001 Mid or MP, nice feel, low powered, exactly what you are looking for. Or for a little more flexy, the the RDS 500 Mid or MP or MPHD

mclee025
11-19-2006, 09:06 AM
Do all POG OSs come to be around 13 oz. stock, or was it just mine?

Your POS OS is overweight and needs to go on a diet. That may account for it feeling unmaneuverable to you. That is especially the case if the extra weight is towards the head making it less of a head light racquet that it normally is. If you got the racquet used, you should check it for modifications (lead tape, etc.).

The specs in TW says they weigh 12.2 ounces and 5 points head light (see: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCPRINCE-GRO.html). I have one that is loaded down with a shrink sleeve (to build up the grip), an overgrip, and head tape and it still only weighs 12.5 ounces.

fujitsu77
11-19-2006, 10:58 AM
Your POS OS is overweight and needs to go on a diet. That may account for it feeling unmaneuverable to you. That is especially the case if the extra weight is towards the head making it less of a head light racquet that it normally is. If you got the racquet used, you should check it for modifications (lead tape, etc.).

The specs in TW says they weigh 12.2 ounces and 5 points head light (see: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCPRINCE-GRO.html). I have one that is loaded down with a shrink sleeve (to build up the grip), an overgrip, and head tape and it still only weighs 12.5 ounces.

My POG is overweight lol:D . The problem is, I got it new from TW. When I weighed my new racquet, it was ~13 oz. Also, the extra weight is towards the head, making it less maneuverable. I don't think there's any way I can decrease the weight.

:confused: :confused: :confused: (Don't know what to do)

mclee025
11-19-2006, 11:41 AM
I don't know what you can do about the overweight POG. It's hard to take weight off off the head unless you are willing to trim the head guard.

Given that however, the Agassi Radical you thought about earlier on another thread may work for you. If you like 12 ounce racquets, you may like it. You never really know unless you try it.

If you don't mind a lighter racquet, you also might try the Liquid Metal Radical. They are about an ounce lighter than their predecessor. It's one of my favorites. In my opinion, it is stable, maneuverable, and low powered fitting your wish list. It also has a big sweet spot and lacks harsh areas that some racquets have. That makes it easy on the arm. And because it starts out lighter, it's more open to customization should you want to lead it up some more (say to a 12 ounce racquet). Also, they are relatively cheap selling at about half the price of the limited edition Agassi Radical you were considering.

dewey2110
11-19-2006, 01:21 PM
Well, I'm on the hunt for yet another racquet:sad: :sad: (my O3 HT let me down).

I am considering the Redondo MP and the RDS 001 MP but any other suggestions would be appreciated.

I need something that is stable, maneuverable, and low powered.

I also like flexy, low powered racquets (old-school feel).

(I also have some minor elbow probs so I would like a racquet that is elbow friendly)

Please Help, I'm getting pretty desperate looking for the right racquet:sad:
:p

Thanks

(4.5 baseline attacker, supply most of my own power)

Both the Redondo and RDS MP are arm friendly.
The RDS MP is not a low powered racquet but its still a control oriented racquet. Great racquet.
You might want to consider the RDX500 MP, previous version of the RDS MP, with more "old school" feel to it. Very low powered and flexy.

Low powered and flexy, The M speed No.1 also might be the one for you.

fujitsu77
11-19-2006, 07:10 PM
Thanks for all the answers so far.

I have used an RDX 500 before but didn't really like the feel (too muted).

I own an LM Prestige but don't really like the grip shape. If I can't find any other racquet, i'll go back to it, but I'm hoping that the redondo might have a better grip shape. Unfortunatley, I can't try out this racquet at this time (waiting list is too long).

Thanks for all your opinions and I'll be looking forward to hearing more from you all.

Thanks

tennisguy2121
11-20-2006, 09:16 AM
yes, the RDS001 MP is a low powered racquet.

maynardsson55
11-20-2006, 09:25 AM
I would suggest the RDS 001 Mid or MP, nice feel, low powered, exactly what you are looking for. Or for a little more flexy, the the RDS 500 Mid or MP or MPHD
I second your suggestion. The mid feels more flexible than TW's 65 rating I think.

fujitsu77
11-20-2006, 02:06 PM
How does the POG mid compare to these racquets? Better or worse than the RDS mid? Is it more menuverable than its OS counterpart? Easier to swing?

Also, how is the new head agassi OS?

Thanks

fuzz nation
11-20-2006, 03:31 PM
If you're a baseliner, I'd definately suggest the Flexpoint Radical Tour and I'll second the nod for the Fischer M Speed. The first company anyone should consider for arm-friendly frames is PK and not just the Redondos. Nobody is talking about the HM 200g too much anymore, but I'd look at one of those before the LM Radical-I've had both in my recent past.

bcsax123
11-20-2006, 03:47 PM
Stay with the POG, but try a 17 guage poly main (I use Pro Hurricane) and a 16 guage synthetic for crosses (Polys eat up sythetics)

I didnt like the POG Mid because it didn't have the stablity and power of the OS