PDA

View Full Version : Time for a change

federer24
11-19-2006, 08:23 AM
I've been using the babolat pure drive for about 1 year and a half. Recently I've been getting a really sore arm after I play with it, and my coach thinks the racket is too heavy for me. Just got back from a tournament ( played terribly and lost in the second round ) and I think it's time for a change. I noticed lots of players are using Volkl rackets, what ones are good? I'm looking for a racket that is under 300g but not too light. What about the head flexpoint?

Voltron
11-19-2006, 08:28 AM
WTF, don't you mean too light. Anyway a racquet under 300g weight will kinda give you MORE arm trouble down the road. I would suggest weighting your PD so its more head light, that way it will FEEL lighter yet still provide control.

anirut
11-19-2006, 08:44 AM
... don't you mean too light...

My thinking exactly. If the PD is too heavy then what's light?

bcsax123
11-19-2006, 08:55 AM
The PD is causing you arm problems because it is super stiff. if you like the PD for because it serves so good, I suggest a Flexpoint Prestige MP or XL MP.

federer24
11-19-2006, 08:55 AM
So a racket like the n-six one tour would be easier on my arm?

anirut
11-19-2006, 09:03 AM
So a racket like the n-six one tour would be easier on my arm?

May be easier on the arm but not your game.

MTChong
11-19-2006, 09:13 AM
May be easier on the arm but not your game.

Yeah, racquets that are small like the Tour are harder to hit with; you can try racquets like the Prince Graphite OS - a nice frame with good flex and good heft, too. Baseliner's love them anyway. Otherwise, the Prestiges are nice, the Redondo MP isn't too hard to hit with; the Diablo has considerable pop for it's headsize which is always a good choice; I hear a lot about the Tecnifibre frame's as well.