PDA

View Full Version : Leading I.Radical

Tensa
11-19-2006, 01:41 PM
Even though the near even balance makes this stick seem heavier than it really is, there are some issues regarding stability and spin that I want to improve on.

right now my I.Rad is in stock form

Where and how much lead do I place in order to maximize power, stability, and spin? Comfort can be sacrificed I suppose.

thanks

-Tensa

Ztalin
11-19-2006, 02:12 PM
I played with a i.radical that had 15g in the handle. It played pretty well.

Captain Haddock
11-19-2006, 02:23 PM
How about putting on CAP grommets like Murray does? It adds weight all around the head and stiffens the frame somewhat.

katastrof
11-19-2006, 02:38 PM
Even though the near even balance makes this stick seem heavier than it really is, there are some issues regarding stability and spin that I want to improve on.

right now my I.Rad is in stock form

Where and how much lead do I place in order to maximize power, stability, and spin? Comfort can be sacrificed I suppose.

thanks

-Tensa

What you like in terms of weight/balance is completely up to you.

The iRad performs best for me with 8-12 grams @3-9 o'clock, and about 20-30 grams on the handle. Maybe an additional 1-2 grams @12 o'clock. From here, taking it up to 13oz. makes it killer for groundstrokes, but serving with that weight is not for me.

I'd suggest starting with 4-8 grams @3, and 10-15 on the handle. Adjust it to your liking as you move on.

Tensa
11-19-2006, 08:28 PM
How about putting on CAP grommets like Murray does? It adds weight all around the head and stiffens the frame somewhat.
I would get them

its just i dont know where/how to get them and how to install them

thejackal
11-19-2006, 08:56 PM
Try adding to 3 and 9, then a bit more than THAT amount to the top of the handle to keep the racquet head-light. how much depends on your taste.

Tensa
11-22-2006, 11:18 AM
What you like in terms of weight/balance is completely up to you.

The iRad performs best for me with 8-12 grams @3-9 o'clock, and about 20-30 grams on the handle. Maybe an additional 1-2 grams @12 o'clock. From here, taking it up to 13oz. makes it killer for groundstrokes, but serving with that weight is not for me.

I'd suggest starting with 4-8 grams @3, and 10-15 on the handle. Adjust it to your liking as you move on.
when people say *amount of lead* at 3-9 o clock

do they mean a split of that amount between the two sides of the racquet or that amount for each side?

katastrof
11-22-2006, 09:36 PM
when people say *amount of lead* at 3-9 o clock

do they mean a split of that amount between the two sides of the racquet or that amount for each side?

It usually means (or, I mean) split it in between the two sides.

Leon23
11-24-2006, 10:36 PM
I have a ti. radical which is the exact same weight and balance, I put about 25 grams under the grip, and about 18 grams at 3 and nine o clock(total) and another 4 grams at about 10:30 and 1:30 (this really made the difference), with the overgrip and headtape it is 12.9 oz and 8 points headlight. It just plows through the ball with so much feel and touch.
If you hate the shape of the head grip like I do, I got a size smaller pallet, and cut two strips of balsa wood to glue on each side then put the heat sleeve over the wood, so you can't even tell it's customized. It plays freakin awsome now.