PDA

View Full Version : Ncode 6.1 versus O3 Tour

mhstennis100
11-19-2006, 02:05 PM
I have 2 Prince O3 Tour midsize (95) rackets. A store I get them strung at is selling off their demo rackets and have about 5 Ncode 6.1 95s with the 16x18 string pattern for $70 each. I was wondering how the rackets compared in
spin
power
control

I was going to buy just 1 to use as a back up but I need to see how people compare them.

mhstennis100
11-20-2006, 03:56 AM
anybody? I just need a short comparison.

Ztalin
11-20-2006, 06:31 AM
I have 2 Prince O3 Tour midsize (95) rackets. A store I get them strung at is selling off their demo rackets and have about 5 Ncode 6.1 95s with the 16x18 string pattern for $70 each. I was wondering how the rackets compared in
spin
power
control

I was going to buy just 1 to use as a back up but I need to see how people compare them.

Wilson is the better racquet... I recently demoed both. I didn't find anything special about the O3 tour... actually kinda thought it sucked. The n6.1 had great control, spin, and decent power. However, the wilson was very heavy.

Bottle Rocket
11-20-2006, 06:47 AM
These are two very different rackets.

First of all, the nSix-One is much more powerfulm for a given swing.

The 03 Tour is very head light and feels extrmely manueverable, the nSix-One is heavier and swings much heavier. You can really get some incredible racket head speed with the 03 Tour and get some insane spin. With the low power it seems like you're getting even more spin than you really are. The 03 Tour is really lacking weight in the head though, I was swinging the hell out of that thing.

Both are good control rackets, but you must use spin with both for control. The nSix-One is too powerful and it is impossible to hit accurate flat shots with the 03 Tour. Both of these have made a name for themselves with high level players, they aren't all wrong.

Both are good serving rackets, with the same characteristics they have on ground strokes. The nSix-One serves well because of its mass, the 03 Tour relies on speed. It is harder to get pace with the 03 Tour.

The nSix-One has a great name for itself because of volleys and it deserves that. The 03 Tour is also a good stick for volleys and especially for doubles.

The 03 Tour has a muted feel, but I love it. It is very solid. On the 3 or 4 occasions I've used the nSix-One, it never felt as solid as I thought it would.

I enjoy both of these rackets, but I would choose the 03 Tour. If nothing else, it is a lot of fun to play with!

hadoken
11-20-2006, 07:19 AM
You'd be wasting $70. I've hit o3 tour vs 6.1 and you are looking at 2 very different technologies. The 6.1 plays stiffer, less mushy. The o3 flies with its o3 ports and minimal head mass. I never really understood why people buy different frames when they are happy with their current frame. I'm not saying either is bad, I just can't see a player liking both to have both of them in their bag.

BTW, the Classic 6.1 is superior IMO to the n version. I'd pick that over the other sticks

abenguyen
11-20-2006, 09:30 AM
mhstennis, where do u live? $70 is pretty cheap depending on the condtion. i need to get me another 6.1.

mhstennis100
11-20-2006, 12:55 PM
I live in Houston. They are selling them for cheap because its their demos of the racket.

The reason I was thinking about it was because I wanted a 3rd frame for tournaments but they didn't have the O3 demoes for sale and I didn't feel like puting anogther $200 down for a 3rd one.

Thank you to all comments and comparisons.

abenguyen
11-20-2006, 09:02 PM
Houston? i was just down there like 3 days ago. ahhh!!!!!! are there any left and any in good condition?

bcsax123
11-21-2006, 05:53 AM
Spin has to go to the O3 with the O3 Ports, power seems to go with the n6.1 because of stiffness and the 22mm beam, and control is probably about the same. If you need topspin to control, the O3 is the way to go, but flat, i think that goes to the n6.1 because it doesnt flex much.

erap
11-21-2006, 07:27 AM
I live in Houston. They are selling them for cheap because its their demos of the racket.

The reason I was thinking about it was because I wanted a 3rd frame for tournaments but they didn't have the O3 demoes for sale and I didn't feel like puting anogther $200 down for a 3rd one.

Thank you to all comments and comparisons.

Hey im from houston too! Which store are u talking about? Tennis express? they sell demo rackets over there? i wanna know thanks. Do they sell six-one tour 90's??

mhstennis100
11-22-2006, 10:55 AM
Hey erap, yes I'm talking about Tennis Express. They're selling a ton of used rackets. I assumed they were they're demoes but I'm not positive. They didn't have the six one tours, but they had like 5 6.1 95s and a bunch of nPS 95s. All for 90 dollars or less depending on condition.

erap
11-28-2006, 12:45 PM
ahhh ok. Wat part of houston are u? im at pearland. IF ur close here we could play sometime. Wat is your ntrp rating?

mhstennis100
11-28-2006, 04:39 PM
..................edit......................