PDA

View Full Version : Tell me what you know!!!!!!!!

sanitarium
08-12-2004, 04:14 PM
Ok guys, just tried hitting with a wilson HPS 6.1 85" head - I really liked it.

I'd like you to compare these racquets or give me some info:
Head LM Prestige Mid / MP ( I use the midplus very nice racquet)
Wilson tour 90
Wilson ncode

thanks alot guys

brijoel
08-12-2004, 05:07 PM
ummmm, i dont believe there is a hps 6.1 85 sq/in.........might wanna take another look at the racquet.

anyways, here's my take....

Head LM Prestige Mid-very sweet racquet, a little to soft for my tastes and doesnt volley as well as i'd like, but does everything else quite nicely, good racquet for baseline pounding and heavy flat serving.

Wilson tour 90-decent racquet, closer to the traditional prostaff feel, but a litte stiff, has an awkward sweet spot, the balance isnt terrible, but still a little wierd feeling and seem to have to be forced through serves instead of a natural loose swing. feels a bit tinny though.

Wilson ncode-REALLY awkward to play with. i couldnt feel the ball at all, a lot of people seem to like the feeling, but i much prefer to have some feedback from my racquet. the racquet was even worse with serves than the tour 90 in the same sense, the SOB just would not snap through. volleyes were not bad, but couldnt control groundies for the life of me for some reason. the sweet spot is also quite finicky, the upper hoop of the racquet has absolutely no power at all, i didnt really have much issue with this personally but there are better racquets out.......especially for less than the rediculous price thats being asked.