PDA

View Full Version : o3 white-lack of control

tennissavy
11-19-2006, 08:43 PM
I played with the o3 white this weekend and found two problems, lack of pop on serve and lack of control on groundstrokes(too much depth). I strung the frame with my usual wilson synthetic gut at the maximum tension, 63lbs. I always use that string with my hornet midplus and I have no control problems with my hornet, even at much lower tensions. It is clearly a problem I am experiencing with the o3 white. Has anyone found the same things with the o3 white? I tried putting lead on the frame and on the handle and that helped the serve but I still hit wide and long on groundstrokes.

Rafa's best friend
11-19-2006, 08:53 PM
Yes i have, but when i strung it super tight like 68lbs, there was more control onthe groundies but no power on the serve. I would like to try that extended version that sharapova uses that is only sold in Japan...

snoflewis
11-19-2006, 09:04 PM
i think that's the problem w/ a lot of the 03s. the 03HT launched balls on me on groundstrokes, and didnt get my serves anywhere.

the 03 tour wasnt as bad, but i found a lack of control on a lot of shots and definitely a lack fo feel.