PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Aero Drive

kenshireen
11-20-2006, 11:39 AM
I demoed a 3/8 today. Racket has *plenty* of power. The odd thing is that for a 3/8 grip it felt large and heavy.. The racket is 5 pts HL but the handle feels like it has alot of weight in it.

Does anybody else feel the same?

Ken

Starwind
11-20-2006, 11:40 AM
I demoed a 3/8 today. Racket has *plenty* of power. The odd thing is that for a 3/8 grip it felt large and heavy.. The racket is 5 pts HL but the handle feels like it has alot of weight in it.

Ken

I definitely had a similar feeling when I hit with this racquet. I absolutely hated it though.

Bottle Rocket
11-20-2006, 12:38 PM
I think a lot of Babolats come out heavier than they say.

They are also known for being about a grip size off, these are good racket to buy in person.

My Pure storm is 11.5 ounces strung with two overgrips, that is more than .5 of an ounce too much.

For comparison my Prince racket was spot on for weight. We also measured a couple of grips on these Prince's and found a few of them to be too small.

I think small variances in everything is common in rackets. It is more or less common depending on the manufacturer.

I think the demo of the AeroPro was close to the claimed weight and if anything it was lighter, I was really whipping that thing around.

wksoh
01-06-2007, 08:18 PM

Ken

Yes,.. it has the same weight as my LM Instincts at 325g with overgrip. But the Aeropro feels a lot heavier and bulkier - making it more stable. After months of playing with both... the Aeropro Drive's stability works better for me