PDA

View Full Version : n6.1 18/20

agfedsamp
11-20-2006, 01:24 PM
thoughts on this racquet?

is it elbow freindly?

The Dampener
11-21-2006, 04:05 PM
I played with this frame for well over a year. And I absolutely loved it. Wonderful balance of power and control. But the one thing it is not...is arm-friendly. Search the health/fitness forums, and you'll see what I mean.

patrick922
11-21-2006, 04:12 PM
i use the 16X18 version and this racquet has power and control... it is very stable so no elbow problems so far...

basil J
11-21-2006, 04:54 PM
I also used this frame for about 6 months and thought it was the best racquet ever made. Slowly but surely it tore my shoulder up to the point that I almost went in for surgery. I put it down, did intense rehab for 8 weeks and switched to redondo and now have no pains. If you are a young buck with good mechanics and lift weights, give her a try.

Kick_It
11-21-2006, 05:15 PM
I presume since you're asking about arm friendliness that you've already at had some problems w/ your arm? If so, I'd be careful.

I currently use 3 of the 18x20's that I've played with over a year. I love the shots I can hit with them. However as The Dampener and others have said - it is not necessarily arm friendly.

1) If you hit shots outside of the sweet spot, your arm will feel it.

2) This racquet rewards fast swing speeds; the slower your swing speed, the harder it is to control your shots and you can feel more vibrations as a result.

3) Make sure you get the proper size and shape grips that fit your hand well.

I changed from 4 1/2" Head Ti.Radicals to 4 1/2" Wilson's and got Tennis Elbow because of the different shape and size that I wasn't used to.

After 6 months of physical therapy on my fore-arm;-), I got the grips customized to better match what my hands are used to, and all is well.

I string w/ Gamma Live Wire 16 XP @ 56lbs; it is decent on the arms.

Be sure to try 'em out and listen to your body when doing so. Try playing for 2 or 3 hours straight to test out the impact on your body if you can.

agfedsamp
11-21-2006, 09:21 PM
thanks for the reply guys

today I had the chance to hit with the 16/18 and 18/20 and liked the 16/18 a lot more. A lot more bite, and more fun to play with.

agfedsamp
11-21-2006, 09:23 PM
i know this has been brought up a lot but....

the n6.1 tour...how does it compare to the 95?

is it a lot less power?

Kick_It
11-22-2006, 11:28 AM
Tour is more flexible than the n61 95.

I tried one for 30 mins and found it had a bit of a trampoline effect - I had slightly less control w/ the Tour vs the n61 95 18x20 - though that could have just been the stringjob on the demo I used.

Try it and see how it compares with the others for your game.