PDA

View Full Version : LM prestige mid or midplus

soulincontrol
08-12-2004, 07:04 PM
Im looking into getting a new racket and i've narrowed them down to these two rackets. My playing style would be a 4.0 baseliner working on a better net game( the goal is to be a all courter). I have a western forehand and a two handed back hand. I am trying to flatten my forehand out to a semi-western and i hit with a one handed backhand when i have to. I am using a 300g with lead tape in the head, throat, and handle at a little over 12oz total. The reason why i want to change is, i want a racket with a little more flex and a little more control. I feel the 300g just doesn't feel solid even with the lead tape. Just wondering if the mid is all that different from the midplus.

ismashall
08-12-2004, 08:02 PM
it is

Kid A
08-12-2004, 08:21 PM
I have only played with the MP but hear the mid is much different. Demo both and see which you like better. I currently have a demo of the MP and really enjoy it and plan on buying it. I currently use a i.pres MP and even these 2 frames are very different so I would demo both the mid and MP and see which you like more.

Tennis Guy
08-12-2004, 08:23 PM
The mid is pretty different. You just have to get used to the smaller head and heavier weight. I think you will like it better, but demo them both. IMO, the LM Prestige Mid is one of the best racquets out there.

leog
08-12-2004, 11:04 PM
After demoing the LM Prestige MP against both sizes of diablos, all three sizes of Prince NXGs, the nCode 95, a Volk, and the LM Radical MP, after about a week I narrowed it down to the LM Prestige MP and the Diablo MP. The Prestige's extra weight made the difference and I finally chose it yesterday. I didn't get to try the Mid size, but I thought I'd share my experience anyways.

Jincuteguy
08-12-2004, 11:43 PM
why u guys chose the Prestige over the Radical? I th ought the LM Radical Midplus is better than the LM Prestige Mid?

ismashall
08-13-2004, 07:22 AM
why u guys chose the Prestige over the Radical? I th ought the LM Radical Midplus is better than the LM Prestige Mid?

He just friggin' explained why! Read again and stop waisting our time.

TennsDog
08-13-2004, 01:19 PM
Wow, first of all, I must say, Soulincontrol, it is amazing how well you just described me. Seriously, everything about your description applies to me too. For a time, I was trying to switch to a less western forehand to get some more penetration, but my coach said I don't need too. I am also demoing a few rackets with the emphasis leaning toward the LM Prestige MP. I would say, though, that something to consider in which racket is how consistantly you can hit the center of the sweetspot on your strokes. If you tend to hit around the stringbed, the MP would probably be better as it would help with consistancy on slight mis-hits. This is why the nCode 95 will be the first racket I have ever played with below 98" head. I look at my strings and simply see too much wear outside the sweetspot. I don't know, it may be possible that the smaller head size will force you to hit more consistantly, but that is just my opinion.

Jincuteguy
08-14-2004, 09:42 PM
would u choose LM Prestige MP over the Ncode Tour 90 or 95?
have anyone tried the LM Fire or Rave?