PDA

View Full Version : stringer recommendations

cptobvious_619
11-20-2006, 04:18 PM
i saw that one tutorial from a site someone recommended me and i saw manual stringers, dropweight stringers, expensive automated stringers and cheaper automated stringers.

i know that i'm going to do apply what i do to racquets (look at the new ones and compare specs and always wonder if new ones are going to be better), but i was wondering if anyone could recommend a few for me that could do a pretty good job.

i've never strung a racquet before but i'm paying $33.00 every few weeks for a string job at a shop because none of my friends know how to string a yonex rite, so i decided to buy a stringer to save money.

can anyone recommend anything that's around, at most, $300.00?

thanks

josephhkim
11-20-2006, 04:23 PM
Wow,

this question gets asked WAY too much.

Just do a little research or at least a search first.

Anyhow,

For 300, i'd go with a nice dropweight machine.

Try and buy a reputable one such as a Alpha, gamma, klippermate, or Silent Partner.

Also, a clutch system helps speed up stringing.

Good luck.

cptobvious_619
11-20-2006, 04:26 PM
heh. thanks for baring with me.

i saw a video on dropweight stringing machines and a tabletop automated one and was awed by them.

haha.

i saw it but they didn't really explain anything.

josephhkim
11-20-2006, 05:17 PM
Automated one as in electric one?

The cheap electric ones tend to break down easily and are pretty poor quality.

For an electric, i'd reccommend spendign at least 1000 dollars.

For aroudn 500 - 600 you can get a nice crank, which is considerably faster than dropweights.

Or yuou can try to pick up a lasterfibre drop weight, but its out of your price range.

I recommend going to sptennis.com and watching some string videos.

www.stringforum.net will also have a lot info.

Good luck.

Redflea
11-20-2006, 05:48 PM
Find another $100 and look at the Alpha Pioneer DC Plus...$399. If you're stringing that often you'll make it all back very quickly...

Just got one and love it.

If your budget is strict, Alpha, Gamma, SP, or Klippermate all have budget machines at or under $200. I don't think there's a lot in the $300 range...