PDA

View Full Version : Real players, real users of nFury, give me your personal review

Alafter
11-21-2006, 12:24 AM
Just wan to know what this stick is like?

Me, I am already drawing pictures of it in my head of how it will hit:

-muted, wobbly feeling from flex upon impact, but not unpleasant feeling
-lotsa spin...open pattern, hella flex
-high maneuverability
-hitting long is impossible.

ok now to hear about it from real users....pls pls pls tell me about it

Duzza
11-21-2006, 12:37 AM
IF you are a real player you won't be seen using this.

Alafter
11-21-2006, 12:53 AM
Well thank god I am just a tennis-ho. So, I can be seen using this to pleasure myself. On the tennis Court. Playing tennis. It's soft and flexy, it's 27 inches, wet tacky grip, and...

So can someone tell me about this stick yet?

Duzza
11-21-2006, 01:54 AM
This racquet seems to give me more spin and control on the ground-strokes. It is very light which is great at the net and gives me a little more power though not as much as I would like. The light head throws my timing off serving and my swing-away style on my ground-strokes. I could ,in time, get use to the light weight but I think I will demo a few more.

This does seem like the "next-generation" Hyper Hammer 5.3. It's listed as headlight, but actually feels - and plays like - it's slightly head heavy. However, the racket has great maneuverability from the baseline, and especially at the net. It's greatest strength, however, probably lies in its ability to replicate the stability and feel of much heavier rackets. Great control, good power, and very easy to generate spin. My current rackets are alternating between a ProStaff 6.0 midsize and a Dunlop 200G. However, I may just end up picking one of these babies up. The price cannot be beat!

If you are using an oversize Wilson 5.3 or H5 you should consider testing out this racket. I'm a strong 4.5 player and am addicted to the power generated by the oversize H5, I should be playing with a racket with more control but can't give up the larger string bed. If you have solid strokes and are looking for a little more control and feel but don’t want to give up the arm friendly light weight response that the 5.3 or H5 are providing then this might be your racket. It seems to produce less erratic shots and has more punch on service returns and volleys. Put some good strings in and sting it tight. Seems to be the next generation of the 5.3 and should be a game improvement racquet for those looking for a bit more control with the same pop.

This racket is great it has great punch and it still is very controllable I recommend this to 5.0 to 5.5 players who like light frames but hit big.

I like this racquet very much. I used both the oversize and midplus versions. I'm a player that used to like oversized racquets but now that I play with this midplus I like it better. I would recommend the midplus version for power and control. I did find power in the oversize but no control whatsoever.

abenguyen
11-21-2006, 10:16 AM
very flexy. lots of power and spin. i wouldn't recommend it but it's all personal preference like most people will say.

meh
11-21-2006, 03:04 PM

haerdalis
01-22-2007, 11:18 AM
I would recommend this racquet to anyone, along with a reel of leadtape.
Extremely comfortable and now it plays great too. It will probably be my new playing racquet for a long time.

Jet Rink
01-22-2007, 11:59 AM
Just wan to know what this stick is like?

Me, I am already drawing pictures of it in my head of how it will hit:

-muted, wobbly feeling from flex upon impact, but not unpleasant feeling
-lotsa spin...open pattern, hella flex
-high maneuverability
-hitting long is impossible.

ok now to hear about it from real users....pls pls pls tell me about it

We've been using this racquet with the juniors. It's not as stable as an 85, but it's a pretty good happy medium - for an oversize. (Edit: Mid-plus is what I should have written. Sagittar - you are correct in your assessment - Jet).

Jet

Sagittar
01-22-2007, 12:04 PM
rarely have i seen a racquet that differs that much in flexibility between it's midplus and oversize versions !!