PDA

View Full Version : Prestige - FXP or LM

saqdeez
11-21-2006, 09:47 AM
I can get a used LM mid for $80, or new FXP mid for $200...I liked the FXP a lot but havent tried the LM.

What should I do?? :p

stormholloway
11-21-2006, 10:15 AM
Apparenty LM swings very heavy.

Mario
11-21-2006, 10:16 AM
u want 1

for $200...I liked the FXP a lot but havent tried the LM.

What should I do?? :p[/QUOTE]

Mario
11-21-2006, 10:17 AM
u want a LM

vkartikv
11-21-2006, 10:20 AM
LM does swing very heavy and unless you are an L7, if you know what that means, I wouldn't recommend you buying it, even at that price. You are better off with a redondo.

saqdeez
11-21-2006, 10:23 AM
Did i ask about a redondo?

aznspongehead
11-21-2006, 03:47 PM
Did i ask about a redondo?

Dude, is that an attitude? I don't understand why you would want to do that to someone who's trying to help you.

edit: by the way can someone tell me what an L7 is? :)

Voltron
11-21-2006, 03:49 PM
Get the LM, I think the flexpoints are terrible compared to the LM racquets.

abenguyen
11-21-2006, 04:20 PM
Get the LM, I think the flexpoints are terrible compared to the LM racquets.

yea i figured that out a little too late. the liquidmetal versions seem much better to me. get the lm prestige. i kinda figured it out after i bought my flexpoint fire but luckily i was able to trade it.

DRtenniS1112
11-21-2006, 04:22 PM
Dude, is that an attitude? I don't understand why you would want to do that to someone who's trying to help you.

A number that follows your swing is how long your swing is. L7 is the max I believe. All the new head rackets say on them what L# is best for that racket.

josephhkim
11-21-2006, 04:22 PM
lol, this thread is hilarious.

The guy is asking for help with the prestige, not a redondo.

Sure, if you recommend a similar racket, but a redondo isn't a comparable.

I've played with both, and i really do prefer my LM version.

It just seems more solid.

Plus, right now, its at an unbeatable price.

if the racket is a little too challenging for you, get the LM radical, its a little easier to play with, but not too far off.

Good luck.

vkartikv
11-21-2006, 04:35 PM
The redondo is a much better choice in just about every aspect and it comes cheaper. You didn't ask about the redondo but other people who read this thread need not be ingnorant about it... An L7 is about the longest/fastest swing you can get, head's pc 600 and tour 600 are an L7 but apparently the lm prestige which has a higher swingweight is an L6....

Starwind
11-21-2006, 06:02 PM
Definitely Liquidmetal.

Tennis Man
11-21-2006, 06:11 PM
Just get a LM Midplus. It's lighter but still COOL ;)

Noveson
11-21-2006, 06:13 PM
I loved the FXP, but haven't played with the LM. Loved the irad also.

Offshore
11-21-2006, 06:39 PM
I have hit extensively with both. Really liked the LM Prestige and used it for a few years. Especially appreciated the soft feel, control, and stability. I tried the FXP and at first did not like it but after a few sessions I especially enjoyed the added maneuverability, racquet head speed, pop, and ability to create spin. IMO (and I know that I am in the minority in this thread:p ) the FXP is better for my game. Either way, the Prestige series sticks are very good for certain players/styles and I highly recommend both frames. As always, string setup is key.

Court_Jester
11-21-2006, 07:04 PM
I can get a used LM mid for $80, or new FXP mid for $200...I liked the FXP a lot but havent tried the LM.

What should I do?? :p
I'm gonna go against the grain on this one and get the FXP. Both are sweet racquets if you can hit the sweetspot consistently but I find the LM to be a bit more demanding than the FXP.

It's Head's system of classifying racquets to fit a player's swing style. The "L", I presume, stands for "long" or long and fast swing, although this description is more appropriate for L4 and above. The numbers that follow their tweener line of racquets are an indication of their swing styles, albeit they refer to the "S" or short swing style instead. As vkartiv has already mentioned, the L7 was used to designate the older Prestige lines. If my memory serves me right, Head modified their system such that the longest and fastest swing styles are designated as L6 and this happened right around the time the Intelligence line came out (although I might be mistaken).

vkartikv
11-21-2006, 07:16 PM
I'm gonna go against the grain on this one and get the FXP. Both are sweet racquets if you can hit the sweetspot consistently but I find the LM to be a bit more demanding than the FXP.

It's Head's system of classifying racquets to fit a player's swing style. The "L", I presume, stands for "long" or long and fast swing, although this description is more appropriate for L4 and above. The numbers that follow their tweener line of racquets are an indication of their swing styles, albeit they refer to the "S" or short swing style instead. As vkartiv has already mentioned, the L7 was used to designate the older Prestige lines. If my memory serves me right, Head modified their system such that the longest and fastest swing styles are designated as L6 and this happened right around the time the Intelligence line came out (although I might be mistaken).

You are correct, they didn't want to scare people away and downgraded to L6 with the intelligence series. They also introduced the S line for short swings, the S1 to S12 series that was for beginners and tweeners. I am not sure but may be even the ti line had an S series. Surprising the Ti line never had a midsize prestige, there was only a Ti Pro Tour.

fuzz nation
11-21-2006, 08:42 PM
The LM Prestige mid swings heavy, indeed. I like a heavy, head light frame and this one serves like a beast, but I'm going to put some weight in the handle of one to see it I can make it behave a little more to my liking-no confidence using it for doubles yet.

If you like that FXP and you know you want it, just get it. If you're not sure, I'd say save some cash and get the LM; you can always turn it over for no loss if it doesn't work out, but if you dig it, there are more cheap ones around if you need a back-up.

jarvis
11-21-2006, 09:47 PM
get the fxp, liquidmetals are nice but once you try the fxp you'll find that the fxp is too stiff

saqdeez
11-21-2006, 09:51 PM
I hit both tonight and liked the FXP better. Serving was noticeably better (seemed more solid) for me, and I just liked the feel of hitting the ball with the FXP. It felt stiff but the ball sinking in feels great.

Oddly enough, I was getting some elbow pain with the LM, switched to the FXP and it went away. Wouldnt be surprised if it is the strings though. FXP had head fibergel while the LM had prince synthetic gut. The FXP fibergel combo was nice....

I would save $120 by getting the LM, and that is alot..but I don't think I would be happy with it. Perhaps I will hit it tommorow and see if I have the same results as today.

inferno303
11-21-2006, 10:30 PM
well for one i know that the lm is good with a western grip because its softer and such but the fxp supposed to be more powerful in the sweetspot guess it all depends on what u like

saqdeez
11-22-2006, 01:00 PM
The LM did feel pretty unwieldy after awhile. The FXP feels lighter but more stable if that is possible.