PDA

View Full Version : Help me with these Wilson strings please

Dennis Chan
11-21-2006, 11:09 AM
NXT vs Sensation vs Supreme

On their respective packages the diagrams show that they're all multifilaments. So are there any big differences amongs them? Thanks. And yes I'll start doing some researches if time permits.

Dennis Chan
11-21-2006, 11:23 AM
The first thing confues me is that Sensation is $7.95 and the (Sensation) Supreme is $5.95 only. What is lacking in the supposedly more supreme string that it should be $2 less than the "ordinary" Sensation?

Valjean
11-21-2006, 11:57 AM
Whereas Sensation is frail, Supreme is worse; it also lacks the feel of the ball the former has.

There are today *four versions* of NXT, once called Sensation NXT, too: Standard NXT, NXT Max, NXT OS and NXT Tour. Each has a slightly different design in order to suit a somewhat different purpose. Some believe NXT OS, which is designed to hold tension well and has a crisp feel to it, is the best performer of the lot. And NXT Tour, which is a good fit in thinner-beam racquets, gets a lot of mention too. Durable NXT Max has a leg up on the standard version for frequent players.

vinnier6
11-21-2006, 12:00 PM
i believe sensation supreme had some kind of a manufacturing flaw in it that made the price come down, it started out priced higher than sensation and went down...

i have tried nxt, nxt tour, and sensation...i think nxt was too mushy and nxt tour was too expensive...sensation plays nice with good control and a crisp feel and is priced about 5 bucks cheaper than nxt...

bruce nissenbaum
11-21-2006, 09:49 PM
FWIW, I have tried each in 17.

The NXT is a very nice, soft, fairly elastic and resilient string that plays very well for a short period of time. It loses tension very rapidly that produces a trampoline affect on the ball. It frays easily. IMHO it is not worth its price.

Sensation is not as soft as NXT. It is also very elastic and resilient. It also loses tension fairly quickly and will produce some trampoline affect, but it still plays more 'crisply' than NXT for a longer time. It does not fray as easily as NXT. It is a good 'all purpose' multi string for a moderate price.

Sensation Supreme is not as soft as either and somewhat less elastic and less resilient. It plays more like a mono than a multi. It has a certain 'tinny' quality to it. I didn't keep it in my racquet long enough to check its tension maintenance. It's less expensive than the other 2, but I wouldn't pay the price. Prince Original Syn Gut w/o DF is much better.