PDA

View Full Version : lead on lm radical

abenguyen
11-21-2006, 05:25 PM
where should i put lead on my lm radical mp?

DRtenniS1112
11-21-2006, 05:27 PM
What are you trying to accomplish with the lead?

abenguyen
11-21-2006, 05:48 PM
um a heavier racquet... well im looking for a little lower swingweight. so im thinking in the handle. the racquet is stable enough and the sweetspot is pretty big already.

DRtenniS1112
11-21-2006, 05:48 PM
Yea i would add some to the handle then. If you add a bunch make sure to even it out a bit though with some in the hoop.

bad_call
11-21-2006, 07:06 PM
dont forget to go with 17 gauge string. that lowers the sw too.

bcsax123
11-21-2006, 08:27 PM
um a heavier racquet... well im looking for a little lower swingweight. so im thinking in the handle. the racquet is stable enough and the sweetspot is pretty big already.

Any added weight will increase SW.

KFwinds
11-21-2006, 09:21 PM

Yes, please understand, abenguyen: ADDING WEIGHT TO YOUR RACQUET, ANYWHERE, WILL INCREASE THE SWINGWEIGHT.

The only way to decrease the swingweight would be to remove weight from somewhere, like trimming or removing the bumper, using a lighter replacement grip, or thinner strings...

abenguyen
11-22-2006, 10:15 AM
ok then maybe ill just add most lead in the grip. but is it necessary to put any in the hoop? maybe some 3 and 9? basically im looking for a little more headlight

str33t
11-22-2006, 10:37 AM
ok then maybe ill just add most lead in the grip. but is it necessary to put any in the hoop? maybe some 3 and 9? basically im looking for a little more headlight

same thing i wanted to achieve when i leaded up my radical. i added about 15 grams in the handle and it does play a lot more headlight. i might add a small amount of lead at 3 and 9 to make it play more solid.

ChicagoJack
11-22-2006, 11:17 AM
Yes, please understand, abenguyen: ADDING WEIGHT TO YOUR RACQUET, ANYWHERE, WILL INCREASE THE SWINGWEIGHT.

The only way to decrease the swingweight would be to remove weight from somewhere, like trimming or removing the bumper, using a lighter replacement grip, or thinner strings...

Hi KF Winds & Bsax123 ;)
Adding weight anywhere on the frame will not decrease SW, but it's not entirely accurate to say it will always increase it.

QUOTE 1: "The measured swingweight refers to rotation about an axis four inches from the butt end of the handle because that is how a racquet is swung in a swingweight machine. If all the extra weight was added at this axis, then the swingweight wouldn't increase at all because the extra weight remains on the axis and no extra force is needed to rotate it around the axis. "[1]

"Racquet Handle Weighting and Maneuverability"
By Rod Cross, University of Sydney, Australia, April 2006
Racquet Sports Industry Magazine
A Publication of The United States Racquet Stringers Association
[1] http://www.racquetsportsindustry.com/issues/200604/200604science.html

Best regards to you, take care
-Jack

bcsax123
11-22-2006, 03:16 PM
Hi KF Winds & Bsax123 ;)
Adding weight anywhere on the frame will not decrease SW, but it's not entirely accurate to say it will always increase it.

QUOTE 1: "The measured swingweight refers to rotation about an axis four inches from the butt end of the handle because that is how a racquet is swung in a swingweight machine. If all the extra weight was added at this axis, then the swingweight wouldn't increase at all because the extra weight remains on the axis and no extra force is needed to rotate it around the axis. "[1]

"Racquet Handle Weighting and Maneuverability"
By Rod Cross, University of Sydney, Australia, April 2006
Racquet Sports Industry Magazine
A Publication of The United States Racquet Stringers Association
[1] http://www.racquetsportsindustry.com/issues/200604/200604science.html

Best regards to you, take care
-Jack

Yes, along the axis of rotation with your wrist but to your arm, more weight means it's harder to swing.

abenguyen
11-22-2006, 07:35 PM
well im gonna buy some gamma 1/2 inch(width) lead tape and put some of it in the grip and possibly but not so, some at 3 and 9. the racquet is already stable as it is, and it has a pretty big sweetspot. putting lead in the handle is basically the only thing that will benefit what im looking for.

TnTBigman
11-22-2006, 08:32 PM
i too am experimenting with lead on my LM Rad mp. using 6 inches of 1/2 inch lead tape on both 9 and 3 positions. i havent decided on how much to put at the 6 position. For the handle- augmented fishing lead weights. i already like the 4 pts HL when it was unaltered, so i'm gonna try and keep it that way. after about 9 months of hiting with it, i felt all it needed was more weight. gonna tweek till i find the right formula, then match it with the other mp in my pair.