PDA

View Full Version : Prostaff Tour 90

Jamaz
11-21-2006, 05:07 PM
I'm interested in buying this racket and I was wondering what the composition it's made of?

According to http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Reviews/WT90/WT90Review.html
it's 80% graphite 20%kevlar
but I have seen pictures of the sides of the racket and it says HYPER CARBON unless there are other versions with hyper carbon composition?

Also is the PStour90 pretty much a PS85 but obviously larger head size and the 16*19 string pattern?

Duzza
11-21-2006, 05:10 PM
Apparently it plays a lot differently to the PS 85.. Not sure about the composition though, I've seen some that say Hypercarbon on them too...

DRtenniS1112
11-21-2006, 05:13 PM
My good friend loves the Tour 95's but is down to just one after breaking the others over the years. Any ideas as to where he could get one?

psp2
11-21-2006, 05:46 PM
My good friend loves the Tour 95's but is down to just one after breaking the others over the years. Any ideas as to where he could get one?

He/she can find plenty of them on E*bay. I have even seen brand new ones go for low prices too.

They also pop up on the For Sale/Trade forum here. I had one and didn't like the feel at all, even with plenty of lead on it.

Robbie_1988
11-21-2006, 06:23 PM
The feel of the PS Tour 90 is DEFINITELY different from the PS 85.

I'd say the PS 85 feels sweeter and great for touch shots. The PS Tour 90 is a very solid racket though but I feel because of the hypercarbon, it doesn't feel as sweet or comfortable as the PS 85. The PS Tour 90 is definitely stiffer.

The maneuverability of the Tour 90 is not as good as the PS 85. I find that when i'm up at the net, the PS 85 allows me to react to those fast struck passing shots or reaction volleys in doubles. The Tour 90 for me is a bit "slow" I guess.

The good thing about the Tour 90 though is the "plough through factor." When I'm really set up for a shot I feel the racket really ploughs through the ball like a hot knife through butter.

When I used the Tour 90 I felt that having really stiff strings in them such as full poly jobs gave me a bit of pain in the elbow after playing prolonged matches. I recommend you use a soft string in it or if you must use poly, try hybriding it with a soft and forgiving synthetic or multifilament.

SFrazeur
11-21-2006, 06:31 PM
I'm interested in buying this racket and I was wondering what the composition it's made of?

According to http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Reviews/WT90/WT90Review.html
it's 80% graphite 20%kevlar
but I have seen pictures of the sides of the racket and it says HYPER CARBON unless there are other versions with hyper carbon composition?

Also is the PStour90 pretty much a PS85 but obviously larger head size and the 16*19 string pattern?

I have a TOUR 90, but have yet to get it strung; I'll be doing that soon.

Composition should be the same as the nCode 90 but without nCoding.

10% Hyper Carbon
20% Kevlar
70% Graphite

What is with the discrepancy you might ask?

Hyper Carbon is a form of graphite. Here is a link that will explain if you care to know.
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Reviews/AboutHyperCarbon.html

jackson vile
11-21-2006, 07:28 PM
How does the PS85 PStour90 and NTour90 compare for 1hbh?

Looks like the reviews show that that PS tour 90 crushes the n90?

vkartikv
11-21-2006, 07:42 PM
The ps 85 has a much lower SW than the ncode 90 which swings slightly lighter the the original tour 90. I used the ps 85 exclusively this summer and tried my old tour 90 one weekend in october. It felt so cumbersome and much like a log to lift. But it is certainly better than the ncode on volleys. If you ask me, the hps 6.1 and tour 90 both felt like crap and it leads me to believe that hypercarbon is all hype and no action.

Robbie_1988
11-21-2006, 08:05 PM
How does the PS85 PStour90 and NTour90 compare for 1hbh?

Looks like the reviews show that that PS tour 90 crushes the n90?

I use a single hander for my backhand and I find it have an easier time hitting it than with the Babolat Pure Drive which I had before I got my Pro Staffs.

The Tour 90 gets an overall 80 while the NCode 90 gets a measly 73. I feel the PS Tour 90 is better than the Ncode 90 by far. It's feel is better than the muted Ncode. I'd say PS 85 > PS Tour 90 > NCode Nsix One Tour 90 in terms of feel.

La Bomba
11-21-2006, 10:46 PM
The PS Tour 90s composition is 80% Graphite, 15% Kevlar, 5% Hyper Carbon

lzclzclzc
11-22-2006, 12:09 AM
its a great stick, love it
get it while you can
composition does not really matter, in my case at least, if you like the way it feels. In terms of manuverability, i have to agree that a PS 85 is better. Likewise in the service department. But groundies off the tour 90 is extremely solid. and spin productions is easy. Although, i never felt this way, but i guess the extra 5sq in. will make it a bit more forgiving.

jackson vile
11-22-2006, 06:19 AM
its a great stick, love it
get it while you can
composition does not really matter, in my case at least, if you like the way it feels. In terms of manuverability, i have to agree that a PS 85 is better. Likewise in the service department. But groundies off the tour 90 is extremely solid. and spin productions is easy. Although, i never felt this way, but i guess the extra 5sq in. will make it a bit more forgiving.

That was my next question out of the PS85 PStour90 Ntou90 which one has the larger sweet spot?