PDA

View Full Version : Should Gamma/Tennex 6000 Frame Stand Swivel 360 degrees?

SteveW
11-22-2006, 12:40 AM
When a racquet is mounted, the racquet can swivel 360 degrees with the tension head moved in (tension head passes under the throat of racquet), but if the tension head is part way out along the bar, the handle of the racquet will hit the top of the tensioner. Should it be able to swivel 360 degrees regardless of where the tension head is? If so, is there an adjustment so I can do this?

Thanks.

T.J. Planas
11-22-2006, 12:33 PM
I'm not sure if your machine is supposed to swivel 360 degrees or not, but I have a possible quick-fix for you. First of all, make sure the mounting table is aligned and straight. I've seen some that are tilting towards the tensioner and that can allow the grip to hit the tensioner and prevent the 360 degree rotation. If everything looks good, then here's a trick I use, especially when someone brings me a racquet with an extra-large grip that causes it to hit the tensioner. I'm not sure about the your specific machine, but most machines are designed with a similiar way of mounting the turn table to the stand. Take the entire turn table off the stand. Then get some large washers and put them on the post that slides into the stand. It should only take a few washers to raise the turn table a quarter to a half inch. I would suggest putting some grease on the washers as well to cut down on friction when you rotate the table. Hope this helps. If you would like, shoot me an email and I will send you some pictures.

T.J. Planas
txtj79@hotmail.com

SteveW
12-06-2006, 12:15 AM
TJ, thanks for the idea.

Bret, can you confirm that there is or is not a setting to increase the height of the frame stand on the 6000 so I can swivel it 360 degrees with a frame mounted and the tension head is under the grip?

Thanks.