PDA

View Full Version : Rafaello

Duzza
11-22-2006, 12:48 AM
Hey, I was just wondering, because of your vast players racquet collection what your favourite is? How do you like the RDX 500 Mid? I remember you told me you got great deals on some of them, got any leads?

Tennis Man
11-22-2006, 05:29 AM
I was hitting with RDX 500 mid yesterday and I loved it. It feels very different from my PC 600, PS 85 and even LM Prestige Mids. All my racquets are strung with different polys. So the feel of the stringbed is quite comparable.

I found RDX 500 a bit stiff for my liking (maybe the weather was too cold :), like 5*C) but the power and stability was awesome. I liked the heft and the solid feel of it. Also, I am more used to Head grip and it takes me some time to switch to Wilson and Yonex more rounded grips.

I wouldn't call RDX 500 a classic but I started adding Yonex to my collection. I love the technology, quality and workmanship of the Japanese frames. I already got some MP Tour-1 and will be looking for some SRD, RD-7 and alike. I don't play with big frames and love the thinner, flexier and HL frames

How about you? You keep switching from POG to PS 85 to RDX 500. Honestly, I'm in the same boat. I would be a bad judge at the Miss Universe contest :). They are all so gorgeous.

Tennis Man
11-22-2006, 05:44 AM
I've been switching frames a lot lately and it looks like n6.1 Tour 90 does the best job for me overall. I started winning more matches with it.

agfedsamp
11-22-2006, 05:49 AM
what do u like more...

the prostaff 85 or the prestige classic 600

and y?

Tennis Man
11-22-2006, 07:12 AM
Right now I like PC 600 more b/c it's winter season and I'm getting too lazy to swing PS 85 ( just started hybernating) but come summer the thing may change :). Seriously, I can't explain. It's just a great all around stick (serve, volley, baseline and angles, just look at Safin on a good day) :)

Actually, I'm still waiting to restring my n6.1 Tour 90. I've never had a better stick for control and precision. Go figure.

agfedsamp
11-22-2006, 08:52 AM
i used to use the prestige classic as well...an unbelievable racquet.

well how about the ncode 6.1 tour and the 85...for someone that has no problem swinging.

Tennis Man
11-22-2006, 09:21 AM
i used to use the prestige classic as well...an unbelievable racquet.

well how about the ncode 6.1 tour and the 85...for someone that has no problem swinging.

ncode 6.1 tour 90 is more comfortable IMO.