PDA

View Full Version : How is this possible? (calibrating with Plus 8000)

DADYO
11-22-2006, 08:47 AM
Ugh, I'm starting to have a few regrets of buying an Eagnas, but then again it was my only chance since I live in Italy.

So here's my problem:

I use the calibrator on the machine and pull: it's off by 10%.. I take off the machine cover to calibrate, as the manual says, try a pull without the machine cover: tension is dead on. Try it again at different tensions: still, dead on.

I put the cover back on and again, THE TENSION IS OFF BY EXACTLY 10%!!

How is this possible??

Mike Cottrill
11-22-2006, 08:55 AM
Odd indead. Is the cover pusing or binding on anything?

DADYO
11-22-2006, 09:05 AM
Odd indead. Is the cover pusing or binding on anything?

No, that's one of the first things I checked, and I realized that the cover isn't touching nor interfering with any of the parts inside the machine :confused:

Also, I did a few more tests, and now the machine (with the cover) always pulls EXACTLY 10% less (so when I pull at 55 pounds the calibrator shows 50 on the spot)

Athans87
11-22-2006, 09:35 AM
No, that's one of the first things I checked, and I realized that the cover isn't touching nor interfering with any of the parts inside the machine :confused:

Also, I did a few more tests, and now the machine (with the cover) always pulls EXACTLY 10% less (so when I pull at 55 pounds the calibrator shows 50 on the spot)

Why don't you try calibrating it at 10% higher than the reference tension so that once the cover is put on it pulls what you would expect it to? I'm not sure if this is possible with electric machines, but it's worth a shot. I can't really think of anything else, as I have no experience with electronic machines.

DADYO
11-22-2006, 11:02 AM
Why don't you try calibrating it at 10% higher than the reference tension so that once the cover is put on it pulls what you would expect it to? I'm not sure if this is possible with electric machines, but it's worth a shot. I can't really think of anything else, as I have no experience with electronic machines.

LOL, great idea, I didn't think of that, thanks! :D

fastdunn
11-22-2006, 11:15 AM
I would still try to find out why it makes 10% difference.

If everything is equal, it must be difference in one of two (or combined):
1. the way it pulls.
2. the way the tension is measured.

wombat
11-23-2006, 07:32 AM
I got an plus 8000, it is exact calibrated and I don't regret getting the machine, it performs very well and precise.
Some people calibrate their machine e few % higher and do nor use the knot option on their machine.