PDA

View Full Version : anyone tried the apd and pure storm team?

MonkeyMan123
11-22-2006, 11:26 AM
Can anyone give me some differences between the rackets.
I am thinking about buying one. Is this right-

Aeropro drive-most spin, good power and control,

Pure Drive with Cortex midplus-Moderate spin, great power, decent control

Pure storm team-Most control, Good Power and Comfort, not much spin

which one do you reccomend for me is what i am really trying to ask..

I am 5 ft 6 inches, 110 lbs, kind of weak, 14, looking for something with lots of spin and power some said that the apd has a small sweetspot.. is that true?

Sergei
11-22-2006, 11:52 AM
I looked at the very same three frames. Check out my babolat showdown (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=106570) post. I am 6'3" 190 lbs myself, prefer to stay back at the baseline. My game plan is very simple: return balls deep, be patient and wait for my hitting partner to hit a short ball so I can finish the point. The AERO PD worked great for me. I suspect the Pure Storm is also a very capable frame - I just wish I played w/ one that had a fresh sting in it. Is Babolat gonna update both frames in the next few month???? The Aero PD is only a year old, so maybe they will leave it alone for now.

Bottle Rocket
11-22-2006, 01:51 PM
Your thoughts are pretty close, except for a few things.

The idea that the AeroPro Drive produces some special amount of spin is a total myth... That is in everyones head.

As far as I am concerned spin potential for all those Babolat's and probably every single on made is just about equal. You can get tremendous spin out of all three of those. You can get into the debate of frame stiffness effecting spin, but none of those rackets lack in that area. It depends much more on you than the racket. '

For a given shot with the Pure Storm versus the Pure Drive, you will get slightly less power with the Pure Storm. I would say you get the same amount of spin. This means your perception will most likely be that you're getting more spin with the Pure Storm.

We can't recommend one to you... Each one is slightly different from the other. Maybe if you can tell us more about your game, we can help more. What matters here is your personal preference. I think you should demo them. You might want to consider the Pure Drive + as well.

The Pure Storm is much more flexible than the other two, that is an important difference.

Kevo
11-22-2006, 02:11 PM
Power-wise, the Pure Drive, Aero Pro Drive, and then the Pure Storm is the way I would rank them. If you feel you need some help in the power dept, I wouldn't recommend the Storm. Between the other two, I actually think the Pure Drive is an easier racquet to use, and it's weight and balance seem to be a little easier to generate spin with. Also, the cortex apparently helps in the comfort dept, but string choice is still the most important factor there IMO. If I were you I would try and demo the APD, and the PD and see if one feels better to you. They're both good frames, and either one should serve you well.

MonkeyMan123
11-22-2006, 04:11 PM
Your thoughts are pretty close, except for a few things.

The idea that the AeroPro Drive produces some special amount of spin is a total myth... That is in everyones head.

As far as I am concerned spin potential for all those Babolat's and probably every single on made is just about equal. You can get tremendous spin out of all three of those. You can get into the debate of frame stiffness effecting spin, but none of those rackets lack in that area. It depends much more on you than the racket. '

For a given shot with the Pure Storm versus the Pure Drive, you will get slightly less power with the Pure Storm. I would say you get the same amount of spin. This means your perception will most likely be that you're getting more spin with the Pure Storm.

We can't recommend one to you... Each one is slightly different from the other. Maybe if you can tell us more about your game, we can help more. What matters here is your personal preference. I think you should demo them. You might want to consider the Pure Drive + as well.

The Pure Storm is much more flexible than the other two, that is an important difference.

Thanks for the great reply, What is better about an extended length pure drive cortex? What is the main difference from that and the regular pure drive cortex? Is the extra long version better for shorter players?