PDA

View Full Version : help needed:onkystomper and other racquet lengtheners

nalbandian_fan
11-22-2006, 04:21 PM
I feel like my rds 001mps could be perfect, if they were just a little bit longer for my 2hbh and serves. I read onkystompers post from a month ago but didn't really understand how to lengthen a racquet. I would really appreciate it if someone could give me some step by step instructons on how to lengthen. thanks.

onkystomper
11-22-2006, 04:57 PM
HI,

first thing to do is to take off the grip. REmove the pins from the butt cap and take that off too.

WHat you need then is a piece of balsa wood / or other light but solid material which is is cut in the shape of the handle. ( put the handle end hexagon shape flat on the balsa so your racket is standing up) and draw around it.

Make sur the balsa wood is as thick as you want the racket extended by. I.E. Buy the balsa wood 0.25 inches thick, draw round the racket handle and cut the the shape out.

You now have a balsa wood piece that is 0.25 inches long that fits snugly into your butt cap.

Put the wood in the butt cap. Put the butt cap back on and reattach firmly. ( either new pins or super glue. reapply the grip & overgrips etc.

Your racket is now 0.25 inches longer.

I would not like to use this method to extend by more than an inch or so as the wood will not fit in the butt cap and still allow for it to be reattached securely.

Hope that makes sense.

nalbandian_fan
11-22-2006, 05:01 PM
yeah that makes much more sense, thanks a lot man can't wait to try it.

onkystomper
11-22-2006, 05:04 PM
no probs. I much prefer mine now. Took a week or so to get used to it. Did not realise how much difference it would make until i tried it.

good luck