PDA

View Full Version : Gambill

sureshs
11-22-2006, 07:44 PM
Saw an ad for a tennis resort in Kona in latest Inside Tennis mag. Jan-Michael has become a teaching pro there. Didn't know that he had wins over Federer, Sampras, Agassi, Courier and Hewitt.

Ash Doyle
11-23-2006, 05:46 AM
Does he not compete on the tour any longer?

Dunlopkid
11-23-2006, 05:58 AM
Does he not compete on the tour any longer?

Yeah, I too was surprised to see his name in Former Pro Forum.

Volly master
11-23-2006, 06:12 AM
hes playing in a challenger tournament next week.

hes not retired ;)

maverick66
11-23-2006, 08:00 AM
its to bad he got injured so much he had a big game. he also was very good at doubles.

Bottle Rocket
11-23-2006, 09:54 AM
I saw him play at a WTT event (yeah, I know).

Are you allowed you be a teaching pro with a two-handed forehand?

He missed a lot of easy shots, but it was obvious he had been much better in his earlier days.

He lost all his doubles matches and his singles match against Bob Bryan.

What injuries did he have?

sureshs
11-23-2006, 10:32 AM
I assumed he was retired since he is teaching in Hawaii and that is why I put this in the former Player section. Probably he is getting ready for retirement.

slice bh compliment
11-23-2006, 11:37 AM
I'm sure he'll do great. No matter how much his hourly rate may be, his lesson appointment book will be full.

Full of wealthy gay dudes and middle aged ladies.

You sure he's a teaching pro there, or just their 'touring pro'?

Rafa's best friend
11-23-2006, 11:41 AM
I'm sure he'll do great. No matter how much his hourly rate may be, his lesson appointment book will be full.

Full of wealthy gay dudes and middle aged ladies.

You sure he's a teaching pro there, or just their 'touring pro'?

I didn't know he was Gay, i am sure gambill is wealthy anyway, he did a lot of promos in the past, made a lot of money...

slice bh compliment
11-23-2006, 11:44 AM
I didn't know he was Gay, i am sure gambill is wealthy anyway, he did a lot of promos in the past, made a lot of money...

I do not know if he is gay or straight. I was referring to his fans who might be guests at a resort who are likely to pony up for lessons with him.

Oh, and of course he's got tons of money. I'm sure he is taking the gig 'cause he loves the sport and he enjoys Hawaii. Why else would anyone teach/coach anything? For the money?

Elina
11-23-2006, 11:22 PM
Jan-Mike hasn't retired yet. He's recovering from his injuries (shoulder etc) and plans to play the tour again next year. In the meanwhile he stays involved in tennis in Hawaii where he now lives. :D