PDA

View Full Version : need help choosing a racket PLEASE HELP

MonkeyMan123
11-22-2006, 08:03 PM
I NEED HELP, I am slowly going crazy and spending too much time on deciding on a racket, so I am posting this to see if some of you guys can help me make my decision :p

I am 14, a 4.5 player, 3/4 of the time baseliner, and 1/4 of the time volleying, semi western-almost western forehand grip, 2 handed backhand, moderate spin on backhand, some spin on forehand but looking for more, i am short at 5 ft 6 inches and i am pretty weak too.;) :(

I am basically looking for a racket that will provide great spin on my shots, is less than 11.4 ounces, and is manueverable....

Do any of you recommend an extended length racket? I was thinking about getting one, but tenniswarehouse reviews always score the plus or xl versions way lower so i dont think i should get one, even though i am short.

I have narrowed my search down to 5 rackets...

1.Yonex RDX 300 midplus( Not available at tw anymore, but can still buy)

2. Yonex RDX 300 super midplus

3. Babolat Aeropro Drive

4.Yonex RQ 7

5 Prince o3 White

YOUR HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED, PLEASE POST ANYTHING THAT CAN HELP EVEN IF ITS JUST A LITTLE BIT

<3Tennis
11-22-2006, 08:08 PM
Pure Storm judging from my cousin's perspective seems like a reasonable choice for you. Otherwise I would say some Dunlop rackets would suit you (M-Fil 300)

bcsax123
11-22-2006, 08:15 PM
14 and your a 4.5? That is crazy! You would win like all the under 16 tourneys lol

How about a TT Warrior MP? It's only $70 so you can buy two fir the price of one of the others. Good spin, maneuverable, good volleys. and cheap. Did I mention its cheap?

Also, spin is not really determined by the racquet, but more by technique. You need a very fast low to high swing so you can brush up on the ball.

MonkeyMan123
11-22-2006, 08:32 PM
14 and your a 4.5? That is crazy! You would win like all the under 16 tourneys lol

How about a TT Warrior MP? It's only $70 so you can buy two fir the price of one of the others. Good spin, maneuverable, good volleys. and cheap. Did I mention its cheap?

Also, spin is not really determined by the racquet, but more by technique. You need a very fast low to high swing so you can brush up on the ball.

wow you are right the tt warrior mp does seem like a good racket for the price, i think i will make it my backup since i have started breaking strings a lot, last year i was my coach told me i was a 4.0 and i improved a little since then so maybe i am still a 4.0, but i still lost in the finals of my last 2 tournaments so there are others my age that are better but the tt warrior seems really good deal for 70 bucks, im suprised i didnt find it before, thanks, although i am looking for something a little more power and spin and better looks ;)

AJK1
11-22-2006, 08:35 PM
If you're 14 and a 4.5, you should be able to figure it out for yourself. What do you use now?

MonkeyMan123
11-22-2006, 08:38 PM
If you're 14 and a 4.5, you should be able to figure it out for yourself. What do you use now?

Ya i am not too smart about the rackets, i am just getting in to this stuff 2 months ago and dont know too much about rackets yet, i use a head lm radical but want something different. im sorry, ill try to figure out myself next time, my threads are probaboly annoying people :-( :confused: