PDA

View Full Version : are extended length rackets better for shorter, weaker players?

MonkeyMan123
11-22-2006, 08:10 PM
are extended length rackets better for shorter, weaker players? :confused:

i am thinking about getting an extended length aeropro drive instead of standard since i am short so that is why i am asking

thanks

Rafa's best friend
11-22-2006, 08:16 PM
IF it works for Olivier Rochus(#24 in the world), it will work for you, he uses 28 inch long Prince triple threat graphite...

bcsax123
11-22-2006, 08:21 PM
are extended length rackets better for shorter, weaker players? :confused:

i am thinking about getting an extended length aeropro drive instead of standard since i am short so that is why i am asking

thanks

NO. It depends what you want in a frame, maneuverable, or high powered.

theres something called demoing.

MonkeyMan123
11-22-2006, 08:27 PM
NO. It depends what you want in a frame, maneuverable, or high powered.

theres something called demoing.

ya i would demo but i cant, ********* is the only place that i would be able to and that is sill an hour and a half away and my parents wont let me anyways
thanks for the reply though ;)

Venetian
11-22-2006, 09:06 PM
I'm 5'5" and just switched to an extended length. I find serving to be easier with it. Though it's only 27.25in instead of the standard 27in. So I'm not really sure why it makes any difference for me, but it does.

onkystomper
11-22-2006, 09:46 PM
i am 6' 1" and using an extendede length racket definately helped my serves too.

with every advantage their is a disadvantage though. So an extended length will help with power & serve but is harder to move at net

ionutzakis
11-22-2006, 11:00 PM
I'm using the POG LB (28') and it definetely helped my serve and groundstrokes. Since I'm not very tall, 5.7, I rarely come to the net so it doesn't bother me that much that it's not the best racquet for volleys.