PDA

View Full Version : Lasefibre out of buiness ?????

dube
11-23-2006, 08:52 AM
hi all,

i ordered my lasefibre on oct25 ,,they said it would be in about 2 weeks
well it has been 4 weeks 2 emails and 2 phone calls ,no response from them at all....whuts going on here:-( :-(

gary

O2TourMS
11-23-2006, 08:57 AM
Gary
Sorry to hear that, Tim has been good on my email and order.
I think there are good reason for the delay.

josephhkim
11-23-2006, 09:01 AM
Actually, at first, i intended to buy a laserfibre ms200TT premium.

When i ordered, they said it would be backordered for two weeks, sounded fine to me.

After repeated "only a few more days", after more than an entire month, i decided to cancel the order.

They seem to have excellent machines, but they really have stockign problems and bad "predictions" on when the machines will come in.

Redflea
11-23-2006, 10:22 AM
I had problems contacting Laserfibre when I was looking to buy my machine...that was one of the things I was concerned about w/them. Never got any reply to an email I sent to them.

whomprat
11-23-2006, 12:20 PM
Laserfibre's not out of business. I just got an order of strings in thursday.

Bolt
11-23-2006, 01:01 PM
hi all,

i ordered my lasefibre on oct25 ,,they said it would be in about 2 weeks
well it has been 4 weeks 2 emails and 2 phone calls ,no response from them at all....whuts going on here:-( :-(

gary

I've had the same response with my Sep 29 order. I've not received a response to the three emails I've sent and my phone calls have gone unanswered. It's niiiiice.

dube
11-24-2006, 06:38 AM
The thing that bothers me most is that i really wanted the ms200tt whith flying clamps, it seems like the best for 500$....whut ever i buy now will be my second choice...:confused: :

Redflea
11-24-2006, 07:12 AM
I was looking at the Laserfibre as well, and decided the communication problems did not help justify the price premium of their machines.

Did you check out the Alpha Pioneer DC Plus...$399, fixed clamps, linear string gripper, 6pt mounts...also a couple of really nice Gammas (X-6fc and Progression II 602FC) just at or below $500 as well.

eunjam
11-30-2006, 07:57 AM
when they have supply probs, their communication sucks!!

otherwise, they are usually great.

Redflea
11-30-2006, 12:42 PM
Consitency is one of the hallmarks of quality.

Being great only when you want to be great, is not great. ;)

fuzz nation
12-03-2006, 08:10 PM
Well I went over to Tim's house last week and he's still alive! Sorry for being a spoiled wee-atch given my geographic advantage, but this waiting game drives him bananas, too. Maybe I can give him a hand answering some correspondence... I've had very good results from his gear and try to promote it when I can, but I'm sorry to hear you're stuck in limbo. Unfortunately though, he's waiting right along with you.

dube
12-04-2006, 01:47 PM
Well they should send out some emails:mad: ,and get the word out that your stringer wont be in when they said it would be in.They are a internet busness right???:mad: 2weeks has turned into 2months whith out letting your customers know, That is bad buiness.

moving on to alpha or gamma and i'am going to spend more $$ on a stringer now.

Gary

Thrice
12-05-2006, 11:27 AM
I have to agree this is ridiculous and no way to run a business. I was told the machines would be in at least six weeks ago. I called a week ago to get a status - no return call. I emailed yesterday morning - and something tells me I may not get a response.

The one time I talked to someone on the phone back in September they were very helpful explaining the options and educating me. If you don't respond at all my reaction is - are they out of business? if not, how bad is the customer support? Was my first call an anomaly?

I was not in a big hurry to get a machine and fine with the wait, but now it's getting near time to move on. Back to researching the options. If someone from Laserfibre is reading this, let your potential customers know what's going on. Even telling us there's been a delay for whatever reason and you aren't sure when they will be in is better than no response at all.

varuscelli
12-05-2006, 12:37 PM
Well I went over to Tim's house last week and he's still alive! Sorry for being a spoiled wee-atch given my geographic advantage, but this waiting game drives him bananas, too. Maybe I can give him a hand answering some correspondence... I've had very good results from his gear and try to promote it when I can, but I'm sorry to hear you're stuck in limbo. Unfortunately though, he's waiting right along with you.

Hey, fuzz nation.... :)

Just a suggestion to perhaps pass along as you see fit. Why don't you talk to Tim and see if he would be willing to come on line (set up a TW user ID, if he doesn't already have one) and field a few questions on the Forum? Or if he'd be willing to post an update on behalf of the company (as realistic of one as possible) about where they stand?

As long as it's an allowable thing on the forums (that part I don't know).

I'm sure they're not doing any of delay stuff on purpose (who would?), so why not clear the air with the forum members who are waiting and watching?

It would certainly help with some of the worries that folks have -- both the people who already have something tentatively ordered and those who are waiting in the wings (so to speak) and not ordering anything until they're sure that things are sorted out.

Personally, watching this whole thing from a distance, I see it as an uncomfortable situation from both sides.

Customers and prospective customers are uncomfortable with the wait (and some are nearing the point of angry impatience). I'm sure the LaserFibre guys are uncomfortable because they've had to put people off for so long. I don't think they've done it on purpose or are responsible for the delays, but hey, it's out there. The wait HAS become uncomfortably long. Clearing the air might be a way to patch things up. Give the folks waiting a real account of what's happening now and what can realistically be expected.

Anyway, that's what I'd pass along to Tim and see if he's willing (or able, within the TW Forums allowed protocol) to respond.

Al Ruscelli

eunjam
12-05-2006, 03:09 PM
Hey, fuzz nation.... :)

Just a suggestion to perhaps pass along as you see fit. Why don't you talk to Tim and see if he would be willing to come on line (set up a TW user ID, if he doesn't already have one) and field a few questions on the Forum? Or if he'd be willing to post an update on behalf of the company (as realistic of one as possible) about where they stand?

As long as it's an allowable thing on the forums (that part I don't know).

I'm sure they're not doing any of delay stuff on purpose (who would?), so why not clear the air with the forum members who are waiting and watching?

It would certainly help with some of the worries that folks have -- both the people who already have something tentatively ordered and those who are waiting in the wings (so to speak) and not ordering anything until they're sure that things are sorted out.

Personally, watching this whole thing from a distance, I see it as an uncomfortable situation from both sides.

Customers and prospective customers are uncomfortable with the wait (and some are nearing the point of angry impatience). I'm sure the LaserFibre guys are uncomfortable because they've had to put people off for so long. I don't think they've done it on purpose or are responsible for the delays, but hey, it's out there. The wait HAS become uncomfortably long. Clearing the air might be a way to patch things up. Give the folks waiting a real account of what's happening now and what can realistically be expected.

Anyway, that's what I'd pass along to Tim and see if he's willing (or able, within the TW Forums allowed protocol) to respond.

Al Ruscelli

it's good to see that when the stringing members of the forum speaks and have legitimate questions ..........these suppliers need to answer.

Redflea
12-05-2006, 04:15 PM
If it is this hard to get ahold of a company to give them your money, imagine how hard it could be when you want service/support.

Nothing against Laserfibre, but I would be very leery about doing business with any company where I saw these type of communication problems. The recent track record makes them seem pretty risky.

eunjam
12-05-2006, 05:08 PM
If it is this hard to get ahold of a company to give them your money, imagine how hard it could be when you want service/support.

Nothing against Laserfibre, but I would be very leery about doing business with any company where I saw these type of communication problems. The recent track record makes them seem pretty risky.

true......but their quality speaks for itself. those laserfibres are pretty damn sweet.

maybe they're pulling a 'laserfibre N-A-Z-I'.

NO LASERFIBRE FOR YOU!!