PDA

View Full Version : WILSON: it this racquet good?

Virgilio
08-13-2004, 08:43 AM
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCWILSON-H5.html

and how does it compare with the Head i.Tour?

Virgilio
08-13-2004, 12:14 PM
Possible noone has a clue?!?

TennisGuy06
08-13-2004, 12:36 PM
Which one, MP or OS?

Virgilio
08-13-2004, 12:44 PM
The MP, I am not used to OS. DO you think it is a good racquet and how is it compared to the Head i.Tour (which is better)?

Virgilio
08-14-2004, 06:24 PM
?!? ANYONE ??????

David Pavlich
08-14-2004, 07:36 PM
I don't know about the iTour, but the H5 is dimensionally the same as the venerable Hyper Hammer 5.3 OS and MP. The evolution of this frame is the graphite layup. FYI, the H5 is being replaced, as is the T5, by the N5. Got that? :-)

Demoing is the only way you're going to know which one fits your game.

I wish I were more help, but, as I said, I don't know the stats for the iTour.

David

goober
08-14-2004, 08:43 PM
I like the feel of the H5 on ground strokes. It was very solid off both sides for me. I have a 1BH and it just seemed a lot more stable with this racquet more than any other racquet I have tried.

The biggest problem I had was with the serve. I am not use to head heavy racquets in the hammer series. I could never get my serves down with the H5 because I had a hard time generating the head speed and getting the proper placement.

I have never used the iTour so I can't compare.

If you want one I will sell you mine it is practically brand new 8)

K!ck5w3rvE
08-15-2004, 01:50 AM
I was using the i.tour before I switched to the Fischer Pro 1. I think you would benefit from this change too.

Virgilio
08-15-2004, 03:59 AM
I don't know about the iTour, but the H5 is dimensionally the same as the venerable Hyper Hammer 5.3 OS and MP. The evolution of this frame is the graphite layup. FYI, the H5 is being replaced, as is the T5, by the N5. Got that? :-)

Demoing is the only way you're going to know which one fits your game.

I wish I were more help, but, as I said, I don't know the stats for the iTour.

David

Yeah, I've seen the N5, they just cost too much for how often I play tennis (I am good skilled amateur). Unfortunately I can't demo racquets since I live overseas but any comments helps, thanks.

Virgilio
08-15-2004, 04:02 AM
I like the feel of the H5 on ground strokes. It was very solid off both sides for me. I have a 1BH and it just seemed a lot more stable with this racquet more than any other racquet I have tried.

The biggest problem I had was with the serve. I am not use to head heavy racquets in the hammer series. I could never get my serves down with the H5 because I had a hard time generating the head speed and getting the proper placement.

I have never used the iTour so I can't compare.

If you want one I will sell you mine it is practically brand new 8)

thanks but I am not really looking for used racquets. Thanks for your feedback. My current racquet is 340 gr heavy, even balanced. It's very heavy on serves therefore a 280 gr racquet as the H5 will probably anyhow play good even if head heavy. Did you find the racquet manuvrable at net and good with slice?

Virgilio
08-15-2004, 04:05 AM
I was using the i.tour before I switched to the Fischer Pro 1. I think you would benefit from this change too.

I don't really like the Fischer racquets. I come from a Head Legacy (real old racquet I guess) and was looking just something slightly lighter and more control oriented. Dunno if the i.Tour is therefore the right racquet for me. Did you find it a manuvrable racquet and with good slice (for backhands)? Does it have a nice sweetspot? Any major complaint?

goober
08-15-2004, 08:35 AM
thanks but I am not really looking for used racquets. Thanks for your feedback. My current racquet is 340 gr heavy, even balanced. It's very heavy on serves therefore a 280 gr racquet as the H5 will probably anyhow play good even if head heavy. Did you find the racquet manuvrable at net and good with slice?

It is reasonably manueverable at the net since overall t has lighter weight, but probably less so than a headlight racquet.

On my backhand I thought it hit slice very well.

Virgilio
08-15-2004, 09:28 AM
Does the h5 has much more power than the i.Tour in your opinion? And which should have more control?

Tennis Guy
08-15-2004, 10:35 AM

I don't really like the Fischer racquets. I come from a Head Legacy (real old racquet I guess) and was looking just something slightly lighter and more control oriented. Dunno if the i.Tour is therefore the right racquet for me. Did you find it a manuvrable racquet and with good slice (for backhands)? Does it have a nice sweetspot? Any major complaint?
From what I remember, it had a pretty big sweetspot.

Virgilio
08-16-2004, 10:55 AM
U used it? Can you answer on feeling of the racquet, manuvrability and slice, plz? U think it's better the i.Tour or the Wilson H5?