PDA

View Full Version : TWA Electronic Stringing Machine

varuscelli
11-23-2006, 08:51 PM
Interesting looking machine! Unusual visual character.

I posted more images of this one in the photo library on this page:

TWA Tennis Stringing Machine Photos (http://www.photostringer.com/twa.htm)

http://www.photostringer.com/images/TWA_electronic_stringing_machine_03.jpg

diredesire
11-23-2006, 10:32 PM
Interesting, i don't like the look of the mounting stocks, but those clamps look very neat. I wonder how they work?

Swissv2
11-23-2006, 10:49 PM
varuscelli, I can help with an easy script to display your pictures and organize them. (custom layout to your preference, not pre-fabricated layout like some PHP scripts).

Young Pete
11-24-2006, 12:12 AM
it looks like its gonna fly!

varuscelli
11-24-2006, 08:53 PM
Interesting, i don't like the look of the mounting stocks, but those clamps look very neat. I wonder how they work?

Did you take a closer look at the photos I posted or perhaps even glance at the TWA site? Funny, their site is kind of...well, nothing special at all. If anything, very weak. But I look at the dozen or so photos of thie machine that they placed on the site, and the photos are great. Often, it's a case of photos not doing a website justice. In the case of the TWA site/photos, the site doesn't do the photos justice (said from the perspective of photographer, though). It looks like 95 percent of their site budget went toward the electronic stringing machine photos and 5 percent toward development of the website. :confused: Strange combination, budget-wise.

varuscelli
11-24-2006, 09:04 PM
varuscelli, I can help with an easy script to display your pictures and organize them. (custom layout to your preference, not pre-fabricated layout like some PHP scripts).

Thanks, Swissv2. I'd love to hear what you have to suggest. But it might get in the way that I'm a FrontPage user (just what I became accustomed to). Sometimes other things outside of FrontPage don't get along very well with FrontPage itself (or vice versa).

But if it was something easy to use (I'm no website development guru, that's for sure), I'd love to consider some alternatives. I've also got to consider that I've already placed hundreds of images out there on the site. Backtracking might be a problem (maybe not, though).

A quick glance at my images folder show around 1500 images on the site, so subtracting out the thumbnails, that's something in the neighborhood of 750 distinct images already posted. With what you might have to suggest, how much do you think that number of already posted images would affect level of rework? But too, in the long run, there will likely be several thousand images on the site.

So, lemme know. I'd love to hear what you might be able to suggest to make the presentation better. (There are other methods available in FrontPage, but I chose a simple thumbnail and image table option. Crude, but workable. )

jj300
11-25-2006, 09:49 AM
hmm never knew poland produced a stringing machine. Price looks like its about $1k if the price is listed correctly on the polish version site. Im guessing they spent most of the budget paying someone who can communicate in english. The english site has a lot of pictures but not a lot of text. The polish site has plenty of text but little pictures. Funny the company is about 20miles from where I used to live in Poland.

jonolau
11-25-2006, 10:04 PM
Very sleek looking machine - part stringer, part race-car. ;)

Steve Huff
11-26-2006, 08:18 PM
What are the black part of the clamps made of? Composite? Metal?

varuscelli
11-26-2006, 08:41 PM
What are the black part of the clamps made of? Composite? Metal?

It looks like painted metal, although I have to admit that the lever looks like it could be either from the way the finish looks in the photos. But I still think metal.

http://www.photostringer.com/images/TWA_electronic_stringing_machine_09.jpg

http://www.photostringer.com/images/TWA_electronic_stringing_machine_12.jpg