PDA

View Full Version : Would you bid on this?

phidias barrios
08-13-2004, 08:57 AM
It looks like this seller has a St. Vincent on e-bay:

http://cgi.*********/ws/****ISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=66831&item=3693418 717&rd=1

However, his feedback rating is lousy. Anyone think it's worth taking the chance?

Phidias Barrios.

jayserinos99
08-13-2004, 09:51 AM
i would bid up to a cetain point. possibly $50 at the most. the seller isn't entirely bad, but he does seem to flake out as a buyer.

phidias barrios
08-13-2004, 10:05 AM
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I see a lot of red flags. He only accepts money orders. He doesn't offer insurance. Most of his negatives come from the buyers.

Phidias Barrios.

Brent Pederson
08-13-2004, 04:14 PM
This is exactly the sort of character the feedback is supposed to scare you away from. Obviously knows that st v is highly prized but is trying to act like he doesn't know what he has, just giving you the code numbers off the butt cap. Similar to a famous scamster who was selling paintings by a supposedly famous artist, but didn't say so, just gave the initials in the corner so folks would think they were sneaking a great deal on a masterpiece. Of course they turned out to be fakes, but he sold them for many thousands to buyers who thought they were making out...