PDA

View Full Version : Requesting Techifibre T335 info..

emerckx53
11-24-2006, 05:16 PM
This racquet has just caught my eye because of it's very interesting stats..can anyone give me some playtest info? Maybe give me comparisons to other players racquets if you can. I am considering going from my 93 DNX mid to a racquet with more size but similiar weight, swingweight, stiffness etc...the string pattern intrigues me too...my goal is to see if I can adjust and take advantage of a larger headsize...I have never played larger than 93 and spents ages with the PS85'''

PS. Calling Breakpoint for input on how it would play in relation the the DNX 10 mid....

PS. I have read through the searches and am now even more intrigued.....

emerckx53
11-24-2006, 05:22 PM
bumpbumpbump

bad_call
11-24-2006, 06:34 PM
emerckx53 - if u buy one or get a demo, let us know how u like it. thanks.

emerckx53
11-24-2006, 06:52 PM
Will do. You have interest as well?

TonyB
11-24-2006, 07:09 PM
I'm sure you've seen this thread:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=106666

You can tell I like it. Not saying it's for everyone, but it fits my game fairly well. I need more time on it, of course. Could be the honeymoon effect.

emerckx53
11-24-2006, 07:50 PM
I'm sure you've seen this thread:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=106666

You can tell I like it. Not saying it's for everyone, but it fits my game fairly well. I need more time on it, of course. Could be the honeymoon effect.

Hey TonyB,

Yes, I did see your thread. What have you played with in the past? I grew up on wood and then PS85's and now the DNX 10 mid. I am playing well with my DNX at the moment. The 93 plays more like a 95 BUT I feel I have to at least try to give these slightly larger players racquets a spin. Too many players have gone to this size and sometimes I feel I am just not giving them enough of a chance...

So with the added lead where did you end up at for weight? The overly light feeling swingweight with a racquet that is over 12 ounces sounds great.

BreakPoint
11-24-2006, 07:54 PM
emerckx53,
Sorry but I don't think I can help you on this one since I've never hit with the TF335. The closest thing to it I have hit with is the TF320 18x20. That was indeed a pretty solid stick and had good feel, good power, and decent control. I could also serve bombs with it. The downside was that it was a bit light which made it a bit harder for me to nail crosscourt 1HBH's and I also did not like the Head-like rectangular grip shape. The TF335 should solve the first problem but not the second. However, it seems like many others here that have tried the TF335 have raved about it. I'd also be interested in trying it soon. But if you happen to try it before I do, please let us know what you think of it and how it compares to your DNX 10 Mid, since as you know, I've playtested that one for TW.

emerckx53
11-25-2006, 05:24 AM
emerckx53,
Sorry but I don't think I can help you on this one since I've never hit with the TF335. The closest thing to it I have hit with is the TF320 18x20. That was indeed a pretty solid stick and had good feel, good power, and decent control. I could also serve bombs with it. The downside was that it was a bit light which made it a bit harder for me to nail crosscourt 1HBH's and I also did not like the Head-like rectangular grip shape. The TF335 should solve the first problem but not the second. However, it seems like many others here that have tried the TF335 have raved about it. I'd also be interested in trying it soon. But if you happen to try it before I do, please let us know what you think of it and how it compares to your DNX 10 Mid, since as you know, I've playtested that one for TW.

Thanks for checking in Breakpoint....I will be sure to post if I get a hit with one......

bad_call
11-26-2006, 04:00 AM
emerckx53 - yes that racquet is on my short list. there's a demo program at one of the tennis shops and the TF335 is one of those racquets. looks like i'll need to give it a test run. just wanted to get more adjusted to my current new racquet - LM Rad MP.