PDA

View Full Version : rds001 mid VS rdx500 mid

kimi
11-25-2006, 08:00 AM
I want to a racket which has powerful serve,good volleys and excellent control.which one is more suit for me?

jdeloach
11-25-2006, 08:04 AM
I want to a racket which has powerful serve,good volleys and excellent control.which one is more suit for me?

The RDX is a little better on the serve (in my opinion), but I have found better volleying in the RDS. Control is very close, maybe a tad better in the RDS.

snoflewis
11-25-2006, 08:57 AM
The RDX is a little better on the serve (in my opinion), but I have found better volleying in the RDS. Control is very close, maybe a tad better in the RDS.

wow...that's pretty interesting. the majority of the people on this board, myself included, agree that rdx is the lowest powered modern racket out. i found the rds001 mid to serve MUCH better than the rdx500 mid. the rdx500 definitely had more control overall.

as for the OP, i'd go w/ the rds001 mid. both have excellent control, but the power difference between the two rackets is quite large imo.

just for reference, i have owned both rackets and both were strung w/ OG micro 16g at 58/56

Tennis Man
11-25-2006, 09:25 AM
wow...that's pretty interesting. the majority of the people on this board, myself included, agree that rdx is the lowest powered modern racket out.

I guess I belong to the minority b/c I found my RDX 500 more powerful than any of my other racquets and has less control than any of my other racquets although I like the feel of it, the groundstrokes, serve and volley.

jdeloach
11-25-2006, 09:29 AM
wow...that's pretty interesting. the majority of the people on this board, myself included, agree that rdx is the lowest powered modern racket out. i found the rds001 mid to serve MUCH better than the rdx500 mid. the rdx500 definitely had more control overall.

as for the OP, i'd go w/ the rds001 mid. both have excellent control, but the power difference between the two rackets is quite large imo.

just for reference, i have owned both rackets and both were strung w/ OG micro 16g at 58/56

That is why I said "in my opinion", That was the results when I hit with both, that is why I decided on the RDS MP for me and the RDX MP for my wife.

snoflewis
11-25-2006, 11:30 AM
That is why I said "in my opinion", That was the results when I hit with both, that is why I decided on the RDS MP for me and the RDX MP for my wife.

he's talking about the mids....and imo the MP versions are completely different.

jdeloach
11-25-2006, 11:49 AM
he's talking about the mids....and imo the MP versions are completely different.

I know, I demoed the Mids and the MPs. I decided on the MPs, but that is the results I had with the Mids. I actually served better with a RDX MID than I did with a RDS Mid. I know that is crazy, but I have crazy results sometimes....lol.

By the way, sno, I love your Avatar. I am wanting to find a good deal on a Redondo and give it a try. Wouldn't mind adding one to my bag.

snoflewis
11-25-2006, 12:21 PM
By the way, sno, I love your Avatar. I am wanting to find a good deal on a Redondo and give it a try. Wouldn't mind adding one to my bag.

haha...thanks. i like my redondos a lot...definitely satisifed w/ them. looking to add one more in the near future

Da One
11-25-2006, 02:49 PM
RDS 001, all the way, I never liked the soft feel of the RDX, the crisper feel of the RDS works better for volleys and serves.

Kevo
11-25-2006, 03:08 PM
I think the RDS does give a bit more pop. For control and volleys though, I think the RDX would be a better choice. Neither stick is considered high powered, but I found plenty of punch to be had with both. I really liked the feel of the RDX better. Best racquet I've used for hitting lines. Currently I am using the Pure Storm, and while I like it's lighter weight and lower power, it's never been quite as accurate. You can literally aim at lines with the RDX. I didn't quite get there with the RDS nor my Pure Storm yet.

kimi
11-27-2006, 11:33 PM
Thank you everybody.I decide to rds:)

Vitaly Evchenkov
11-28-2006, 07:49 AM
I had at least 10 aces in my first match with the RDS001 mid. :p
Felt real easy too, the headlightness of the racquet and overall weight seems to do the work for you. I just kept my motion nice and smooth and the ball just rocketed into the corners where nobody could get them.
I had quite an admiring crowd gather round who might have thought I was some pro on vacation or something. Crazy!!! I told them, "its not me, its the racquet!" they didn't believe me so I let one old guy borrow my racquet for a few serves (he was using a 9oz, 28" snowshoe, and even he hit some nice smooth serves with it. no aces, but his serve definitely was better than his granny stick. that was impressive!) Others didn't see the difference and insisted I was the second coming of Sampras. It was funny.
Don't know if it was the new racquet, or using Gut mains for the first time or what, but my serve was amazing.
When I used the Aeropro, I might get 2 aces.
Anyway, the RDS is a serving beast. I think it could still be better with a little more weight in the head too. Almost too easy to swing it.
I'll have to check the TW review, but in my opinion, the RDS is much better on serves than the RDX. ( i demoed the RDX)

Kevo
11-28-2006, 02:06 PM
Gut can boost a serve like nothing else. I hit some incredibly ridiculous serves with gut in my RDX 500 mid. I just couldn't manage it on groundstrokes though. For serves it was extraordinary. The ball was so fast that even if it was hit right to the receiver they were having trouble getting their racquet on it before it went by. Crazy fast!

Pushmaster
11-28-2006, 03:19 PM
Gut can boost a serve like nothing else. I hit some incredibly ridiculous serves with gut in my RDX 500 mid. I just couldn't manage it on groundstrokes though. For serves it was extraordinary. The ball was so fast that even if it was hit right to the receiver they were having trouble getting their racquet on it before it went by. Crazy fast!

Kevo, what gut and tension?

Kevo
11-28-2006, 06:46 PM
I believe that it was Klip Legend 16 at 60/57. I wish I had a radar gun that day. I think part of the benefit of gut on serves is also the psychological encouragement you get when you knock the snot out of the ball and you barely feel any shock at all. It just makes you want to hit it even harder.

Vitaly Evchenkov
11-28-2006, 09:17 PM
Kevo, your post sounds just like my gut experience then.
I am using Klip Legend too at 62lbs.
Yeah, just like you said, I hardly felt anything but
my serve rocketed up past this guy's ear and hit the fence.
And that was my on last serve of the day after about 1.5 hours.
Felt like I could hit a million huge serves with no effort.
Sweet!

kimi
11-28-2006, 11:15 PM
who's volleying and groundstrokes is better?