PDA

View Full Version : If you have $4000, will you.....

Tolip
08-13-2004, 11:11 AM
be willing to spend on a luxury watch like a Rolex? Or you rather spend on something else??

@wright
08-13-2004, 11:30 AM
Invest it. I am assuming you are young by the way you asked the question, and $4000 is a nice chunk to start out with for retirement.

Aonex
08-13-2004, 01:29 PM
I'd buy a new computer so I wouldn't have to sit in this crappy internet cafe while my old computer rots at home.

jayserinos99
08-13-2004, 02:14 PM
invest a good chunk of it. and spend some on things that'll help me with whatever i need now (e.g. nice clothes for job)

Rickson
08-13-2004, 02:29 PM
Get some really good racquets!

Eug
08-13-2004, 02:41 PM
If someone just gave me 4000 out of the blue, I would put 3000 in the bank and spend a grand on tennis stuff. I'm thinking about switching to the Ncode tour 90

TwistServe
08-13-2004, 03:01 PM
What other options are there? I already have a 2003 Rolex Datejust.

K!ck5w3rvE
08-13-2004, 04:30 PM
As if you'd buy a watch for 4 grand...

Frodo Baggins
08-13-2004, 06:38 PM
If I had that kind of money I would use it to go to as many tennis matches as I could :D Or save it with my other money I have in the bank add that an maybe I could be a millionair someday if I get money like that ... KA-CHING$$$$ :lol:

James Brown
08-13-2004, 10:32 PM
id get a rolex from someone with a surplus for about a grand and then use the rest on cool ****. i bought a maurice lacroix for a grand instead, im set as far as watches go.

Phil
08-14-2004, 01:18 AM
Any watch that costs over $200 is a piece of vanity jewelry; a pen*s extension. I would use my $4,000 to buy LOVE, and reinvest the remaining $3,800 in my greeting cards business.

Rickson
08-14-2004, 03:02 AM
I would use my $4,000 to buy LOVE

How are those hookers treating you, Phil?

dantyem108
08-14-2004, 06:52 AM
LOL

Coda
08-14-2004, 10:21 AM
that 4 grand will go a long way phil, you always get the penny *****s.

Tennis Guy
08-14-2004, 06:28 PM
I'd put it in a bank until I saw something I really wanted.

David Pavlich
08-14-2004, 07:29 PM
It'd be a great down payment on a brand new Sensor!

David

TwistServe
08-14-2004, 08:01 PM
Any watch that costs over $200 is a piece of vanity jewelry; a pen*s extension. I would use my $4,000 to buy LOVE, and reinvest the remaining $3,800 in my greeting cards business.

The rolex and omega watches actually last quite some time.. Give me another example of a sub $1000 watch that can keep track of time as accurately as a rolex? not to mention they hold value very well, and they look cool

thejerk
08-14-2004, 11:35 PM
As a riddle: 8 to 80
blind, deaf, cripled or crazy
If they can't walk ,
I'll drag um

Brent Pederson
08-15-2004, 05:53 AM
I'd use the money to buy a pen*s extension, then maybe I wouldn't have to buy love anymore...

What lengths do they come in, anyway. Do you pay by the inch or what?

Frodo Baggins
08-16-2004, 08:49 AM
Brent:Shame shame on you wanting that dirty disusting thing... :lol: Tsk tsk.*waggle finger on you* An why do you guys want rolex watches geez??? Can't you guy's already tell time with out a shiny thing on your wrist to tell you..lol Now if you guys know about watches sooo much let me know when they have one with a tv put in it an where I can buy it ? Would like to have one so I won't miss my tennis when I travel ..lol 8)

Aonex
08-16-2004, 10:42 AM
Nice one, Brent. Rolex = overcompensation... reminds me of a Hummer H2, except on your wrist.

K. Wilson Moose
08-16-2004, 04:26 PM
Aonex,

I don't know, a guy could probably buy a lot of hummers for $4000.

Phil
08-16-2004, 05:01 PM
Brent said:
What lengths do they come in, anyway. Do you pay by the inch or what?

For you, I guess, they come in gold, silver, titanium and stainless steel (with diamonds in place of the numbers), and, of course, the bigger, the better. Bling Bling. I know a gentleman who works a street corner on 5th Ave, near St. Pat's. every weekday- he'll sell you a "Swiss Made" one for only $50. Really. His name is Kwaku, he's a big guy, over 6"3 and carries his p.e.'s in a brown leather briefcase. Tell him Phil sent you.

doubletrouble
08-16-2004, 07:57 PM
I'd go with the advice of a professional

"Ninety percent I'll spend on good times, women and Irish whiskey. The other 10 percent I'll probably waste." Tug McGraw

jayserinos99
08-16-2004, 08:33 PM
Aonex,

muahahhahaha!! that was a good one!

Aonex
08-16-2004, 09:53 PM
Aonex,

And a lot of pen*s extensions I'm sure.

Deuce
08-16-2004, 10:35 PM
I agree with those who suggested you invest it. So, Tolip, I'll tell you what... give me only half of that $4000, and I'll reveal to you several ways in which to get the time for free for the rest of your life.

@wright
08-17-2004, 06:21 AM
Phil, that was probably one of the dumbest posts I've seen on this board, please start acting your age instead of your shoe size. Is this guy located near your 250 lb. mulatto prostitute friends?

Coda
08-17-2004, 10:51 AM
lol awright...only Phil would talk about big burly men and penises in one sentence, leading us to believe in only one thing...
anyway Phil, is this guy located in San Fran somewhere because I need to find him!

david aames
08-17-2004, 03:15 PM
If you consider Rolex to be a 'luxury watch', you probably shouldn't buy one. Want luxury? Buy Audemar or Patek...

I own a steel no date Sub and have been wearing it everyday for a few years now. This was my very first watch and don't think I will buy another one in my lifetime. It just works for me. For the record, mechanical watches are not known to be precise...

be willing to spend on a luxury watch like a Rolex? Or you rather spend on something else??

AAAA
08-17-2004, 04:22 PM
If you consider Rolex to be a 'luxury watch', you probably shouldn't buy one. Want luxury? Buy Audemar or Patek...

Mr. Aames, I too agree that a real luxury watch should not be conspicuous.

Phil
08-17-2004, 04:49 PM
Phil, that was probably one of the dumbest posts I've seen on this board, please start acting your age instead of your shoe size. Is this guy located near your 250 lb. mulatto prostitute friends?

If you discount your 1,400 and something posts and a few others in there...you obviously don't get it (surprise)-but I wouldn't expect any more from someone from Bumfru"k, Mississippi.

Vitamin J
08-17-2004, 04:55 PM
Rolex is only a psuedo-luxury watch. If u need a high end luxury one, try IWC, Chronoswiss, A.Lange, Blancpain...These are the big boys.

Phil
08-17-2004, 04:56 PM
lol awright...only Phil would talk about big burly men and penises in one sentence, leading us to believe in only one thing...
anyway Phil, is this guy located in San Fran somewhere because I need to find him!

Did you actually READ the post, Coda. I know it's an extremely tough clue ("NYC"), and an even TOUGHER clue as to the specific location ("5th Ave. near St. Pat's), but you can DO IT, buddy, I know you can. He's there if you need to see his goods.

Anyway, GUYS, my pen*s extension comment was a JOKE. Got that, babe? Honestly. I'm actually somewhat of an amatuer horologist (that's the study of time, for the uninitiated), so I do have an interest in the subject, and know a little about watches. I'm all about performance-and not vanity or a brand name. Accuracy. And that can be had at $200 or less (equal to the cost of a loving). The most technologically advanced watch movements in the world are produced in Japan, and have been since the late 70's, which is not to say that the Swiss are slouches. You can have your Rolex's and Piagets and Sinns and Ulysses Nardins; I'll keep my $135 diver that still works like a charm after 16 years and is practically bulletproof.

@wright
08-18-2004, 07:13 AM
Phil wears a mickey mouse watch and giggles every time Mickey's arm hits zero. Oh, and Phil, I'm from Jackson, I'm not sure where that town is. I obviously knew your post was a joke, but next time try a little harder to make a funny joke. Funny should be a prerequisite for your posting a joke. Strain your little raisin sized brain to come up with one. I'm sure some of your fellow McD's employees are witty and humorous. BTW, Rolex makes several other watches than the sub, I would consider a $40,000 platinum day-date a luxury watch, but just because a watch costs several thousand dollars does not mean it's a luxury watch. I think Rolex is an interesting marque because of its fascinating history and unbreakable designs that can last a lifetime. I don't own a Rolex, but I wouldn't be caught dead in an AP or Patek Phillipe, they are just so yuppy. I do admire several Langes though.

Rickson
08-18-2004, 07:57 AM
Noone on this board takes Phil seriously. Phil's IQ is too low.

PugArePeopleToo
08-18-2004, 10:29 AM
Audemar or Patek...IWC, Chronoswiss, A.Lange, Blancpain...

Also look at Vacheron Constantin, and Breguet.

Coda
08-18-2004, 02:09 PM
phil, I'm not stupid, what I said was a joke too...not a very good one though...and why do you know so much about penis extentions? Seems like you have alot of experience in that area. And how do you know so much about luxury watches, McD's doesn't pay that well. Go have fun studying horology with your mickey mouse watch...you probably only study it because it sounds like *****.

Phil
08-18-2004, 05:02 PM
Hey, it's my two puppies, @wright and Rickson, here to keep me company-c'mere pups, roof, roof. Jackson? I wouldn't admit that.

And Coda, I disagree. You are stupid. Very.

Coda
08-18-2004, 06:00 PM
Phil is that the best you have? puppies and calling me stupid...I guess I gave you to much credit for coming up with somewhat clever replies...and no Phil I am not stupid, I am going to UCLA next year...something you McD workers haven't even thought of. "Roof Roof," is that how you talk to your penny-*****s, shame on you!

Phil
08-18-2004, 06:41 PM
Roof Roof is how I talk to my pets, if they happen to be dogs. Ahhhh...you're a high school puke, Coda. Damn, why didn't I think of that; it seemed like your posts were immature and all, but I take it for granted that most people around here are adults, even if they happen to be clueless-many adults are, you know. You may be one of them, someday. Well, I try not to argue with children-they have little experience in the ways of the world; it's just not a fair fight, so...bye.

Coda
08-18-2004, 07:06 PM
so you're not going to post ever again? Now that's a reason to celebrate...well your "clever" posts did keep me entertained.

Phil
08-18-2004, 07:25 PM
Of course I'll post again-somehow, the admissions board at UCLA missed the fact that your reading comprehension is quite low. Or maybe you're a football player-but I doubt it. But you can certainly TRY to read my clever posts.

Rickson
08-18-2004, 07:26 PM
Hey, it's my two puppies, @wright and Rickson, here to keep me company-c'mere pups, roof, roof.

You are truly sick, Phil, coming on to men like that.

Coda
08-18-2004, 07:48 PM
Phil, don't attack my intelligence level, it's quite ignorant of you to say that kind of stuff...rickson nailed that one on the head

Phil
08-18-2004, 07:55 PM
No attacks, Coda. Just the facts.

Rickson
08-18-2004, 07:59 PM
Phil, why are you so http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/images/smilies/ghey.gif?

Phil
08-18-2004, 08:23 PM
Keep barking, Rickson-little dog...I want you to follow me all over this board, just like my other little dog(s). You will do what I say, won't you?

safin
08-18-2004, 08:29 PM
If I have that much of dough, i would put a down on a brand new car.

For Rolex I will pass.

Rickson
08-18-2004, 08:33 PM
Keep barking, Rickson-little dog...I want you to follow me all over this board, just like my other little dog(s). You will do what I say, won't you?
Yessum massa phil. I's justa doin what you wants me to do.

Phil
08-18-2004, 11:24 PM
Gee, Rickson, that's the kind of response that I would have expected from your Jackson, MS race and gay-baiting twin...but all the same, run along and bring me a beer.

Rickson
08-19-2004, 04:11 AM
Yeah sure, Phil. I'll get you a beer for $4000.

@wright
08-19-2004, 05:48 AM
Phil doesn't post much during the day, I guess they have him pulling the morning and lunch shifts. Call me a dog if you wish, sticks and stones may break my bones, but lame insults from a mcdumbass will never hurt me. Phil, get me a sausage egg mcgriddle and some milk, and be quick about it! I don't want to have to report you to your manager!

Rickson
08-19-2004, 06:15 AM
Honestly. I'm actually somewhat of an amatuer horologist
Yes, Phil. We know about how you intend to buy love, you silly horologist you.

norcal
08-19-2004, 07:05 AM
Phil is the proverbial '800 pound gorilla'. You can't beat him.

http://www.cramikskim.com/colin/3633019.jpg

Rickson
08-19-2004, 10:07 AM
Not the best example to use because the smaller guy, Rick Roufus, won that fight.

http://www.cramikskim.com/colin/3633019.jpg[/i]

@wright
08-19-2004, 10:30 AM
Good eye, Rickson. Norcal, are you saying that Phil is fat and ********?

Rickson
08-19-2004, 10:32 AM
I'm going by his stats. Rick Roufus is a K-1 fighter and I know a lot about that sport along with mixed martial arts.

norcal
08-19-2004, 02:16 PM
I know the small guy won the fight. I just happened upon it right before reading your brawl with Phil and it cracked me up.

Coda
08-19-2004, 10:44 PM
if that's Phil, he sure does eat alot of Big Mac's during work.

lenosucks
08-20-2004, 09:10 PM
PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT PHIL IS FAT

Jerry Seinfeld
08-23-2004, 03:40 AM
Would have no choice but to purchase a BIG NAME stringing machine...wouldn't we all??? :lol:

matchpoints
09-07-2004, 04:32 PM
I would never buy a rolex even if I had a million bucks. That goes for fake Rolex's also. No point in getting robbed over a dang watch. With that said, I'd invest most of it and spend the rest on tournaments and stuff :)