PDA

View Full Version : Bush's approval rating rises to 51%...

@wright
08-13-2004, 11:35 AM
No incumbent has ever lost the election with above a 50% approval rating at this point in the year of the election.

suburbianrapper
08-13-2004, 05:36 PM
dubya all the way!

nyu
08-14-2004, 03:59 PM
Figures there will be plenty of Republicans on a tennis message board.

Eug
08-14-2004, 06:08 PM
Only 1 person replied and you ***-u-ME we are all republicans.

thejerk
08-14-2004, 06:28 PM
Don't count your chickens before they hatch. There have never been as many single mothers either. Remember the give-me party uses these women as their power base. How about baby boomers retiring aren't they also going to become dependents. There are probably more dems on this board, golf is for the republicans.

Rickson
08-15-2004, 05:32 AM
GWB is outa here! Daddy Bush thought he had the 92 election locked up too. See ya, George W.!

Camilio Pascual
08-16-2004, 10:06 AM
@wright- Has any incumbent had his approval rating go below 50% after this point in the year of the election and won? I really don't know and would like to know what you would think would happen if Bush's rating dipped to 48%.

Rickson
08-16-2004, 10:41 AM
I love the way Bush is using national security as his slogan for re-election. Bush is the one getting us into trouble, not protecting us. Bush's idea of national security is to pick fights with weak countries, get us hated by the rest of the world, then claim we're in danger because so many countries are targetting us. What's wrong with this idiot and his administration?

Brian Purdie
08-16-2004, 06:17 PM
Did you not read the Farh 9/11 board? Plenty of Dems on this site.

As for the 50-47% latest poll with Bush in the lead, it doesn't have a good breakdown of state by state contests that truly decide the election. The "Battleground poll" is one of the best to watch this time of year.

As for the incumbent: the undecided in an election may be written off as votes for his opponent. They never split the undecided vote very evenly.

Bush should still win, but barely.

Skinny Dip
08-29-2004, 08:13 PM
Well they say a country deserves the government they get. And if a majority of us can't see that he's almost completely destroyed everything our countries ever been supposed to stand for, then I guess we deserve him.

Wave goodbye to truth, justice and the American way.

Craig Sheppard
08-29-2004, 08:42 PM
That he has above a 10% approval rating at this point still blows my mind. I figure anyone can buy 10% of the votes at least. Just shows that 51% of the public is susceptible to rule by fear. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Craig

Brian Purdie
08-30-2004, 11:34 AM
That he has above a 10% approval rating at this point still blows my mind

The guy gets 40% of the vote and 10% blows your mind? 90% of people are politically minded, though not politically informed. It's the rest that make up swing voters that decide elections.

Skinny Dip
08-30-2004, 01:30 PM
Of course you're all supposing this will be a fair election. Don't forget one of Bush's most active fundraisers and supporters is Diebold who happens to make and operate the new electronic voting machines.

And if by some miracle Kerry wins, he's spent his whole campaign assuring the powers that be that he'll be every bit as strong a puppet as Bush has been.

Hmmm, do they have many indoor courts in Canada?

Phil
08-30-2004, 05:17 PM
The guy gets 40% of the vote and 10% blows your mind? 90% of people are politically minded, though not politically informed. It's the rest that make up swing voters that decide elections.

I don't think the "swing voters" decided the last election. The Supreme Court did. Who knows what will happen in November if it's close? It will be an important election and will determine HOW MUCH FARTHER this country gets dragged in the mud.

chad shaver
08-30-2004, 07:07 PM
You ALL need a better hobby.

Phil
08-30-2004, 08:24 PM
I know that, Chad, but what can we DOoooooooooo...

tennisplayer
08-30-2004, 09:00 PM
Check out this movie, ladies and gentlemen:

http://homepage.mac.com/njenson/movies/sovereignty.mov

Now those of you who are US citizens please register to vote if you haven't already and go do the right thing! Get this idiot out!!

Craig Sheppard
08-30-2004, 10:00 PM
The question that befuddles me is this: When you have to entrust someone with running the world's most powerful government, and you're given two choices--one person who's clearly more intelligent, or one person who's is more likable, which do you choose?

You are giving this person MONEY via taxes. You are giving this person POWERFUL WEAPONS via the military. And you'd rather give those things to a guy you'd like to go have a beer with? Geez people, get over yourselves, if someone sounds smarter than you, THEY PROBABLY ARE. So maybe you shouldn't just dismiss them as stiff and boring... Maybe that's the person you should choose to make the decisions.

Craig

Skinny Dip
09-01-2004, 10:09 AM
Good point. Since the media's really drained any specific policty information, or any scrutiny or accountability out of the coverage of the candidates, all the public is left with is who they like better personally.

And likeability and electability are the only issues left that the media cares to give insight on. Better the public stays ignorant.

YEMntFtb
09-02-2004, 05:13 AM
GO BUSH GO BUSH

Bush has proven that he can handle himself in times of crisis, his tax cuts have raised our economy, ITS PROVEN, you libs can not deny it. Kerry lied about his record in Vietnam, he is a flip-flopper, he thinks he can win the war in iraq? How? If he was president we wouldnt have any weapons to fight with because he would have voted against all of them in the senate. Kerry is not creditable, you can not intrust him to protect the united states, and that is what it comes down too, HE CANT DO IT. He always says theres a strategy to winning, but he never tells us what it is, this is very consistant, and sums up everything he does. He lies, he'll make stuff up, and thats the only way he can get into office, but the US is becoming more aware of his voting record, his flip-flopping, even democrats believe this as well, do our country a favor, vote for BUSH.

Craig Sheppard
09-03-2004, 09:32 PM
Wow YEMntFtb, I commend you for being such a puppet for your party. It's always nice to see someone who's willing to copy down verbatim what they hear on Fox News and the Bill O'Reilly show. At least they know you're watching now.

thejerk
09-04-2004, 07:12 AM
How come we have a hurricane getting ready to blast florida and all bush can do is campaign. Now if only kerry were pres we would have someone with a secret plan that would surely turn aside this pesky weather mess. I know that he may be a war criminal but you all know we shouldn't use peoples own words to hang them. Why would vets hold such a grudge, is it because he called them baby killers 30 years ago, or is it because they were called liars this year? It's funny that kerry is considered smarter than Bush. You might be right, after all how many people could run for president and get away with not showing his/her tax returns. You all want to trust him with your taxes and don't seem to mind that he won't trust you with his taxes. If someone is running on a platform of raising taxes shouldn't you honest dems demand that someone wanting the power of government to take taxes from you disclose their own tax status. Why doesn't Kerry demand that wealth and not income be taxed.
It's funny that we know what Bush scored on s.a.t but not Kerry. Who honestly believes kerry's s.a.t scores wouldn't be pushed by the dems if they were better than Bush's. Talk about puppets and and towing the line.
Sorry about the choppy sentences but I'm in a hurry and just wanted to stir the pot.

Dopke
09-04-2004, 12:49 PM
Vote Bush: All the cool kids are doing it.

Skinny Dip
09-04-2004, 02:08 PM
Since when are uninformed ******s "cool kids"?

thejerk
09-04-2004, 07:30 PM
What? ******s? More brilliant leftist rhetoric? Your eloquence enthralls. I am spellbound. Lead and I will follow!