PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Pure Control Std & elbow probs

thejuice
11-25-2006, 05:26 PM
I am curious whether those that experienced TE using the Pure Control had the racquet strung with a solt multi, syn gut, or a poly. I'm trying to figure if it is mostly the racquet, or a bad choice in string.

The Dampener
11-25-2006, 06:56 PM
Juice...

Could be both. Babolats are a bit notorious for causing arm problems, mostly due to their stiffness. However, I have little experience with your frame.

As for strings, polys are generally the least arm-friendly and multis are typically an elbow sufferers best friend. You can also try dropping the tension in your strings. Lower tensions decrease vibration.

Good luck. I feel your pain.

Damp

thejuice
11-25-2006, 07:30 PM
Dampener,

Thanks for your response. I actually play with the Redondo Mid. I was just asking because I got a Pure Control in a trade for a couple of older sticks I had. I hit with it for a little while and felt a tingle in my arm (it could be due to me anticipating some pain). I restrung it today with Volkl Power-Fiber 17g at 52lbs. so we will see how it plays. I guess you can say I'm just experimenting.

superstition
11-26-2006, 08:53 AM
If you play with a Babolat you should use 17 gauge gut at a fairly low tension, period.

rounick
11-26-2006, 07:21 PM
Arm killer..

onkystomper
11-27-2006, 01:28 AM
The only Babolat i could string with anything but pur gut at low tensions is the pure storm. the APD an PD & APC just ripped my arm up.

Punisha
11-27-2006, 01:30 AM
lol what i thought when i saw the post was babolat pure control sexually transmitted disease...

coolblue123
11-27-2006, 05:04 AM
for me the newer version caused arm and shoulder problems. But really weird, but the older version which is more heavier and stiff was fine.... really weird...

jonolau
11-27-2006, 05:27 AM
I bought a brand new PD Team standard last year switching over from a Volkl C10 Pro. The Babolat was really stiff compared to the Volkl and I really had to drive the ball hard to get it over the net. I ended up with a very sore elbow after 2 weeks and flogged it off immediately.

Not to say that it's a bad/lousy racquet, it just wasn't suitable to my technique.

thejuice
11-27-2006, 07:10 AM
I hit with the Pure Control again yesterday and I am amazed at the power AND control that this thing gets. Again, anticipating pain has me looking for some sensitivity so I'm not sure if I am one of those people that will be affected by the dreaded PC. I can compare it to the Maxply McEnroe, which is one of the stiffest racquets I had ever played with, and even though I was killing the ball with the Maxply, my arm was suffering. I hated to sell it but I had to. Maybe I will keep the PC around as a doubles stick. I have a couple of FXP Prestiges (Mid) on the way so I may forget about the PC once I get them strung up.

El Diablo
11-27-2006, 08:22 AM
Doubles stick? Not a good idea, I think. More bang-bang reflexive play in doubles means hitting more shots while out of postion means more stress on your arm. My brief demo with the PC had multifilament string and the thing caused much discomfort.

thejuice
11-27-2006, 09:33 AM
Well I don't wish bad things on myself (that pain from the Maxply was very uncomfortable) but I don't see the ill-effects as of yet.

Starwind
11-27-2006, 11:10 AM
lol what i thought when i saw the post was babolat pure control sexually transmitted disease...

same......