PDA

View Full Version : Which one?

fujitsu77
11-25-2006, 07:05 PM
I just hit with the LM Prestige mid today, and I must say that I enjoyed the experience.

Anyways, I was wondering if any of these other racquets have the same, buttery feel of LM Prestige mid (since the LM Presitge is no longer sold).

Yonex RDX 500 mid
Redondo Mid
Flex Pt. Prestige Mid
Yonex RDS 001 mid

Also, please tell me how these racquets play (in general), and how they compare to the LM Prestige Mid. Thanks

Rafa's best friend
11-25-2006, 07:07 PM
Must buy the Yonex RDS 001 mid, best racket made by man EVER.//////////////

DRtenniS1112
11-25-2006, 07:19 PM

Then why doesn't Rafa use it??? I love the flexpoint prestiges personally.

jdeloach
11-25-2006, 07:25 PM
I voted for the Prestige, only because I have one on the way. My favorite racquet is my RDS001 MP. It has a crisp, buttery feel that words can't describe.

Ztalin
11-25-2006, 08:17 PM
RDX 500 and RDS 001 both overrated IMO (midpluses, only one's I've tried).

maynardsson55
11-25-2006, 08:22 PM
oui!oui! monsieur

bcsax123
11-26-2006, 11:03 AM
From your list, only RDX500 and Redondo are buttery. Others are fairly stiff and crisp.

fujitsu77
11-26-2006, 12:21 PM
thanks for all your answers. it seems as if the redondo and rdx 500 are my best bets for the buttery feel. so, which one, out of these two, would you guys suggest?

thanks

fujitsu77

servelefty2233
11-26-2006, 12:27 PM
Idk how it compares to the lm prestige, but the o3 tour midsize is my favorite racket, its much better than the midplus, and it seems your looking for a mid, so its worth a demo.

Borat
11-26-2006, 12:37 PM
The Yonex RDS 001 is way too stiff, i don't like. In regard to your racquet choice take what feels good. I have demoed all of your choices and this is what I thought:
Yonex RDS 001: Way too stiff, way too light, not much feel in my opinion
Yonex RDX 500: Solid stick, alot like the Rds 100, but with some differences. I wouldn't recommend it though.
Flexpoint Prestige: DONT GET IT, almost all pros you see using that stick are painting on the flexpoints. Too soft anyways, no power. I liked the weight though.
Redondo: I actually haven't domoed this one in extent, but have heard good things, specs look good.

TRY THE FISCHER M. SPEED PRO NO.1 AND WILSON N6 one 95, better than the sticks you have listed above. I looooove the fischer, it hits groundies like butter, and is a great base frame for custumization. The wilson is reallly solid, and awesome at the net and on serves. I decided on the Fischer with lead tape, over grip, and low string tension, but I would strongly recommend the wilson.

Borat
11-26-2006, 12:39 PM
Seriously, try the fischer and wilson before buying the Yonex or the PK, they are in my opinion worlds better

Borat
11-26-2006, 12:40 PM
03 midsize is a really solid stick, i'm not shure about the "O" ports though if you are looking to customize (leading 3+9) that is why I decided not to get it.

fujitsu77
11-26-2006, 12:41 PM
The Yonex RDS 001 is way too stiff, i don't like. In regard to your racquet choice take what feels good. I have demoed all of your choices and this is what I thought:
Yonex RDS 001: Way too stiff, way too light, not much feel in my opinion
Yonex RDX 500: Solid stick, alot like the Rds 100, but with some differences. I wouldn't recommend it though.
Flexpoint Prestige: DONT GET IT, almost all pros you see using that stick are painting on the flexpoints. Too soft anyways, no power. I liked the weight though.
Redondo: I actually haven't domoed this one in extent, but have heard good things, specs look good.

TRY THE FISCHER M. SPEED PRO NO.1 AND WILSON N6 one 95, better than the sticks you have listed above. I looooove the fischer, it hits groundies like butter, and is a great base frame for custumization. The wilson is reallly solid, and awesome at the net and on serves. I decided on the Fischer with lead tape, over grip, and low string tension, but I would strongly recommend the wilson.

Thanks for the indepth analysis. Actually, I've tried the N6 one 95, but I didn't like it (too much power). I actually like the prefer the N6.1 tour 90. Very low powered. Unfortunatley, the tour 90 is pretty stiff, and doesn't have the feel I'm going for (maybe I should try it out a bit more).

As for the fischer, I'll give it a try. The specs look pretty promising ;) .

Thanks again

fujitsu77

Borat
11-26-2006, 12:42 PM
The yonex's are really all hype, they arent as good as some might tell you because they have already made the commitment of buying one, trust me I have demoed the along with about thirty or forty other raquets and about ten or fifteen other brands.

fujitsu77
11-26-2006, 12:43 PM
03 midsize is a really solid stick, i'm not shure about the "O" ports though if you are looking to customize (leading 3+9) that is why I decided not to get it.

I didn't the o3 mid. way too much power and not enough control. It feels good in your hand, but when you hit with it, it's just out of control.

fujitsu77
11-26-2006, 12:44 PM
The yonex's are really all hype, they arent as good as some might tell you because they have already made the commitment of buying one, trust me I have demoed the along with about thirty or forty other raquets and about ten or fifteen other brands.

Have you tried the LM prestige mid (and if so, how did you like it?)

Borat
11-26-2006, 12:46 PM
Fischer is a happy medium, it doesnt have as much power as the 95, but it has some, if you string it around 55 pounds you should get what you want. (PS, the stock grip is terrible, I would recommend an over grip or replacement grip) glad i could help

Borat
11-26-2006, 12:49 PM
Have you tried the LM prestige mid (and if so, how did you like it?)

Ive tried it, but to be honest it seemed a little average, but I hae to say, it is really what you like, if you like it go for it, i just wanted to let you know my opinion and what you should try before you make a decision.

fujitsu77
11-26-2006, 12:51 PM
Ive tried it, but to be honest it seemed a little average, but I hae to say, it is really what you like, if you like it go for it, i just wanted to let you know my opinion and what you should try before you make a decision.

I'm gonna demo the fischer (just wish it came in a mid). Is the fischer your main racquet right now?

maynardsson55
11-26-2006, 12:54 PM
Well ,me too and I broke a sponsorship to play with the rds 001 mid. So, before you totally discount them, maybe they are just not for you. I played with the Fischer and liked it from the back, but just like mids better, especially at the net.

Borat
11-26-2006, 12:55 PM
My final thought is this:
You are right about the 03 mid in some respects, but I thing it was strung at a low tension
The Wilson is a little powerful depending on strings, but also depending on what amount of spin you impart on the ball.
LM Prestige seemed solid, if you like it, keep it on top of your list until something else knocks it off
Fischer would seem to fit what you are looking for, give it a try, great stick
in the end, make your decision, not someone elses

Borat
11-26-2006, 12:58 PM
I think the fischer has to properties of a mid, don't rule it out, it has very high control ratings, especially with the right strings. It has pretty low power as has some weight behind it. IT is my main stick currently. 3 square inches dont do much. it is crisper of the net with the right strings than many give it credit for.

Borat
11-26-2006, 12:59 PM
It is a midplus that plays like a mid

fujitsu77
11-26-2006, 01:00 PM
My final thought is this:
You are right about the 03 mid in some respects, but I thing it was strung at a low tension
The Wilson is a little powerful depending on strings, but also depending on what amount of spin you impart on the ball.
LM Prestige seemed solid, if you like it, keep it on top of your list until something else knocks it off
Fischer would seem to fit what you are looking for, give it a try, great stick
in the end, make your decision, not someone elses

I know it's my decision in the end. It's just that I've been through so many racquets and I just can't find one that fits my game (Flex pt. Rad. tour, POG OS, Babolat PDR, O3 HT).

I just can't seem to find a racquet that I like and can stick with :-(

Borat
11-26-2006, 01:03 PM
final word: give the fischer a try, you can never have too many racquets) (PS, hated the PD, way too much power, like that with all babolats)

fujitsu77
11-26-2006, 01:03 PM
I think the fischer has to properties of a mid, don't rule it out, it has very high control ratings, especially with the right strings. It has pretty low power as has some weight behind it. IT is my main stick currently. 3 square inches dont do much. it is crisper of the net with the right strings than many give it credit for.

I won't rule out the fischer. There are a couple downsides to it though. It has a fairly thick beam, a 98 sq inch head (I like 90), and it will need to be leaded up (only 12 oz.)

Borat
11-26-2006, 01:11 PM
You wont notice the thicker beam when you play it, lead is nececary, I lead mine quite a bit

WhiteSox05CA
11-26-2006, 01:13 PM

How come there bestsellers then?
________
HEAD SHOP (http://headshop.net/)

fujitsu77
11-26-2006, 01:14 PM
I'm definatley going to give the Yonex racquets a try. Expecially the RDX (looks like a really solid mid)

Borat
11-26-2006, 01:17 PM
ya, its just my thought

Borat
11-26-2006, 01:17 PM
WhiteSox05CA, what did you think of the Fischer when you demoed it??

Borat
11-26-2006, 01:19 PM
tell us all what you think of all the racquets mentioned WhiteSox05CA

fujitsu77
11-26-2006, 01:26 PM
Thanks for all the replies so far.

I was wondering, how does the Diablo mid compare to all of these other racquets?

Also, any more insight on the Redondo mid would be appreciated.

Thanks

fujitsu77

Borat
11-26-2006, 01:32 PM
try the Redondo talks thread, didn't enjoy the diablo mid

Tour 90
11-26-2006, 01:36 PM
If you want LM prestige mids you can get them on Hola bird (no space) for
$165 I believe.

fujitsu77
11-26-2006, 01:39 PM
If you want LM prestige mids you can get them on Hola bird (no space) for
$165 I believe.

Unfortunatley, they don't have my grip size there. But I'm not totaly bought on the mid yet. I think I'm gonna try out a couple Yonexs (sp?) and the fischer before sticking with one of the racquets.