PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a good stringer ($600-$750)

Tour 90
11-26-2006, 03:29 PM
I am going to get one for Christmas and I am currently looking at Gamma 5003 and Alpha Axis Pro. I am leaning towards the Alpha because it seems just as good as the 5003 but is a tad bit cheaper.
(And it comes with a reel of string :D )
Can someone recommend any others in this price range?
Thanks!

theace21
11-26-2006, 04:32 PM
You might also take a look at the SP Jazz and Maestro (599 & 799). Can't go wrong with any of your choices. Nice present!

Tour 90
11-26-2006, 04:39 PM
Thanks, I forgot to mention that I looked at the Silent Partner's, they seemed good as well but I know someone who had a bad experience with replacement parts so I'm a bit skeptical. I think I have decided to get the Gamma 5003 because I was only against it in the first place because of price. I was going to pay for 150 of the full price of either anyways and figured I'd shell out the extra 50 to get a nice machine.

theace21
11-26-2006, 05:31 PM
I think it is a great choice. You going with the 6 point mount?

Tour 90
11-27-2006, 05:43 PM
Yeah I'm getting the 6 point.
Do you have a machine?

theace21
11-27-2006, 07:42 PM
Yeah I'm getting the 6 point.
Do you have a machine?
I have an Ektelon Model H. I bought it many years ago, I had the Model D before that, and a BR-3 drop weight was my first. I have been stringing almost 35 years.

I know Gamma came out with their new 2 point mount, but it is more expensive. I have thought about buying a new string over the last couple of years, but my Ektelon is solid, and 2 years ago I added the wise tension head.

Good Luck with your new stringer.

pmata814
11-28-2006, 06:09 AM
I am going to get one for Christmas and I am currently looking at Gamma 5003 and Alpha Axis Pro. I am leaning towards the Alpha because it seems just as good as the 5003 but is a tad bit cheaper.
(And it comes with a reel of string :D )
Can someone recommend any others in this price range?
Thanks!

I own an Alpha Axis Pro and I love it; plus, the customer service is hard to beat. Just do a search here and you will find a lot of very satisfied Alpha customers. Good luck!

Tour 90
11-28-2006, 09:56 AM
@pmata814,
Thanks for the info, I was worried that I wouldn't be able to find replacement parts for it, thanks for clearing that up. I do agree that the Alpha is a great machine, but I am going to get the Gamma because I am getting a good price on one. (750.00 shipped!)
Thank you all for your help!

rscottdds
11-28-2006, 12:29 PM
Gamma customer service is as good as it gets. You hear some horror stories about others but never Gamma (I've only heard good things about Alpha also). I got my son a 5003 a few months ago and both of us couldn't be happier.
-Robert

Tour 90
11-29-2006, 08:04 AM
That's great rscottdds, I am looking forward to getting it now more than ever. It's coming on the 16th! Can't wait!

iconoclast
11-29-2006, 05:25 PM
@pmata814,
Thanks for the info, I was worried that I wouldn't be able to find replacement parts for it, thanks for clearing that up. I do agree that the Alpha is a great machine, but I am going to get the Gamma because I am getting a good price on one. (750.00 shipped!)
Thank you all for your help!

from where did you get such a good price?!

Tour 90
12-01-2006, 12:12 PM
Found one on e bay and called the guy to ask for the shipping and he said he would give me 750.00 with shipping because he couldn't sell it for the 850.00 he was asking for. Lucky me!

tennis&racquetball89
12-02-2006, 11:02 AM
I own an Alpha Axis Pro and I love it; plus, the customer service is hard to beat. Just do a search here and you will find a lot of very satisfied Alpha customers. Good luck!

I'm thinking of buying an Alpha Revo 4000. I'd rather buy the one you have though but it's just too much money for me. I'm real glad to hear that your very satisfied with your machine and Alpha's customer service.

varuscelli
12-04-2006, 06:18 AM
Gamma customer service is as good as it gets. You hear some horror stories about others but never Gamma (I've only heard good things about Alpha also). I got my son a 5003 a few months ago and both of us couldn't be happier.
-Robert

And it's certainly worth mentioning that forum member Gamma Tech provides lots of good feedback/input on Gamma machines (and other machines as well) to those who need it. He seems somewhat selective and about what he posts and remains very objective in his approach to forum input, but if you're a Gamma owner (or prospective owner) everything he posts is worth a look. And he seems to chime in whenever someone really needs him to.

Alpha gets a lot of deservedly good feedback here (they're great people to deal with on many levels), but Gamma should be recognized, too, in the very least from the standpoint of Gamma Tech's valued presence here. Anyone who makes much of a habit of watching this forum probably knows what I mean. ;)