PDA

View Full Version : STILL lookin for a new racquet

Crave
08-13-2004, 04:12 PM
Hi everyone. I've seem to found my racquet of choice in the Prince More Control DB mp. This racquet felt great even with a cheap synthetic which i broke too quickly. I would like to buy this racquet but my coach says that they're not making them anymore I could still get them but when they're not available that's it and i'll be back where I started. So I was wondering if anyone has any advice on some newer frames like the DB that i should look at. Preferrably one with similar specs and maybe even still made by prince. Thanks

ambro
08-13-2004, 04:33 PM
Just buy a bunch of them and when you feel you need to change to a new frame, just grab another one.

Jeffrey Wang
08-13-2004, 05:55 PM
Before you go test play other racquets, have you try different strings? How about the tension? I suggest you to try polyester string but 2 lb lower than you are now with Syn. Gut. Or use thicker gauge (15L or 16) syn. gut. I don't know how ofter you broke the string. If it last more than 15 hours, it's reasonable. I usually don't recommend Hybrid unless necessary. If you like to try it, remeber to use high playability, resilence and soft material at cross to eliminate harshness and boardy feel. String could make a huge difference on a racquet!

K!ck5w3rvE
08-13-2004, 11:01 PM
Check on Racquet Finder on TW. I think thats what it's called..