PDA

View Full Version : New head racket for next year + other info

Gabs011
11-27-2006, 12:23 PM
I live in the UK and today I spoke with the store manager at *** (the UK's largest tennis retailer).

- He told me some interesting info which is that Head have signed two prominent (either both top 10 or top 20) ATP players who are scheduled to use their 'new' racket from next year. However apparently Head are keeping the racket and the identity of the two players top secret at this point in time.

- Furthermore, he said the Wilson K-factor 90 is only scheduled for a June UK release.

- Mario Ancic has apparently signed with Adidas.

- Head are getting extremely ****ed off with Murray for refusing to update his paintjob from the I.Rad. Apparently he tried to switch to a paintjob but didn't like the way it played. (Reminds me of Sampras - who refused to use a paintjob as he said it played differently).

I am not saying this is all true - its simply what I heard and I am passing it on to you guys.

Anyone with any contacts that could verify any of this - especially the new Head racket - please do so.

Duzza
11-27-2006, 12:31 PM
Haha that's hilarious about Murray if it is true! I think the new one will be Metallix.

sureshs
11-27-2006, 12:39 PM
Hats off to Murray. Some top pro has to have the guts to challenge the PJ ripoff.

What would happen if a pro said in an interview that he was using a PJ? Could the contract be voided? What would happen if the case went to court -will the manufacturer claim that the pro is guilty of not lying? If the contract requires him to say that he uses a real new model even if he isn't, then the contract is itself illegal, isn't it?

thomas martinez
11-27-2006, 12:52 PM
It is true of Murray, though the frame he plays, it is close to the original Radical Tour 630 that he plays. They gave him the new Flexpoint Radical cosmetic which is all gloss, his frame is half gloss and half matte paint, which does play rather differetnly. Eventually he'll either get dropped, or move onto a Head that is close to what he uses and is comfortable with it. Rumours with Head signing Rafa have abounded. ANd they did have a prototype frame out which was literally a copy of the Pure Drive, but had Flexpoints. The other player they were looking at signing in recent years, was Nicolas Almagro.

psamp14
11-27-2006, 01:00 PM
ancic to adidas? i didnt expect that...

nike has current top players federer, nadal, blake, ancic, and berdych...

mayeb the ancic to adidas is like safin to nike rumors....

or maybe ancic really is moving onto adidas

psamp14
11-27-2006, 01:01 PM
interesting rumors though....

so the k factor 90 wont release in the UK till june? but it seems as if it will be released here in the states around january....

did the ncode 90 also release rather late in the UK?

Dunlopkid
11-27-2006, 06:07 PM
Interesting to see who the players are. Didn't Djokovic switch from Head? Hard to picture Rafa with a Head, the tight string patterns and tons of flex. Kinda hard to picture Head coming out with a PD like racket too. Doubt Rafa will switch. It seems like anything Head offered him, Babolat would be able to counter. And if Dunlop loses Almagro, they're hardly gonna have anybody.

jackson vile
11-27-2006, 06:29 PM
I live in the UK and today I spoke with the store manager at *** (the UK's largest tennis retailer).

- He told me some interesting info which is that Head have signed two prominent (either both top 10 or top 20) ATP players who are scheduled to use their 'new' racket from next year. However apparently Head are keeping the racket and the identity of the two players top secret at this point in time.

- Furthermore, he said the Wilson K-factor 90 is only scheduled for a June UK release.

- Mario Ancic has apparently signed with Adidas.

- Head are getting extremely ****ed off with Murray for refusing to update his paintjob from the I.Rad. Apparently he tried to switch to a paintjob but didn't like the way it played. (Reminds me of Sampras - who refused to use a paintjob as he said it played differently).

I am not saying this is all true - its simply what I heard and I am passing it on to you guys.

Anyone with any contacts that could verify any of this - especially the new Head racket - please do so.

I see Ancic with a Head racket for sure, I was shocked that he was using a Yonex

Also I would see them adding in a female or two from Yonex ect

bcsax123
11-27-2006, 06:34 PM
I doubt that Head will come out with a new line. The FXP Prestige just came out this year right?

I can't see how a pro can play with a Metallix racquet, being so powerful.

I'm guessing something like a FXP Instinct Tour sounds about right to me.

vsbabolat
11-27-2006, 06:44 PM
I doubt that Head will come out with a new line. The FXP Prestige just came out this year right?

I can't see how a pro can play with a Metallix racquet, being so powerful.

I'm guessing something like a FXP Instinct Tour sounds about right to me.

Very few Pros are really using the FXP Prestige. For the most part the Pros are using Prestige Classic 600's and Pro Tour 630's with A Flexpoint paintjob. It is only a matter of HEAD putting a different paintjob on the Pro's racquets when they move on from Flexpoint.

bcsax123
11-27-2006, 06:58 PM
Very few Pros are really using the FXP Prestige. For the most part the Pros are using Prestige Classic 600's and Pro Tour 630's with A Flexpoint paintjob. It is only a matter of HEAD putting a different paintjob on the Pro's racquets when they move on from Flexpoint.

The FXP Prestige does not feel anything like the PC600.(Never tried PT 630) Thats why I got it. I like it being stiff but still offers great control in a lower powered racquet.

I know I'm just saying that they are probably going to bring the FXP Instict Tour to the public. (Probably just with an addition of Tour to the paintjob.

kbui
11-27-2006, 07:06 PM
It's gotta be this rumored Head Prestige Pro 20th anniversary racquet. I'm guessing it'll be a limited run like the Agassi Radical Tour.

I would buy one :D

We'll just have to wait and see.

kbui
11-27-2006, 07:10 PM
Honestly IMO, the FXP Prestige midplus is not low powered at all; it's stiffness makes it feel like a cannon. The power level didn't turn me off, but the overall stiff feel did; it was just too stiff for me; felt strange vibrations and all, could have been just the ones I had.

bcsax123
11-28-2006, 06:59 AM
Honestly IMO, the FXP Prestige midplus is not low powered at all; it's stiffness makes it feel like a cannon. The power level didn't turn me off, but the overall stiff feel did; it was just too stiff for me; felt strange vibrations and all, could have been just the ones I had.

For a MP it's lower powered of course not to a standard of a mid. . I like it stiff. My FXP Prestige has no vibrations at all. Just an annoying ping sound that can be fixed with a rubberband.

dewey2110
11-28-2006, 01:15 PM
the FP prestige MP is quite powerful IMO.

bcsax123
11-28-2006, 01:17 PM
For a MP it's lower powered of course not to a standard of a mid. . I like it stiff. My FXP Prestige has no vibrations at all. Just an annoying ping sound that can be fixed with a rubberband.

Why don't you read. Lower power than most MP.

Dunlopkid
11-28-2006, 01:18 PM
Any more info?