PDA

View Full Version : Too many racquet choices!

headfan91
11-27-2006, 02:21 PM
I'm really lost, I really need a new racquet. I have tried out many of my friends racquets which are very light, OS, and headheavy. But I have also use my dads Prokennex and Spalding gc-20 which are both 85 or 90 in2. there are just too many racqute choices for me to choose from. I need a racquet in between these types for tennis team next year. Since at school, we mostly play doubles, I want a 98-107 headsize, and low swingwieght racquet that will help me improve, but not frustrate me. I'm 5'4'' 115 lbs. and athletic. I'm a baseliner, but I don't know what level I am, probably between 2.0 and 3.0. I was looking at the yonex rds 003, rdx 500, wilson ncode nsix-two, dunlop m-fil 300 and head radical. Am I in the ballpark of choices? I just can't make up my mind abotu what demo. I'm only going to demo 4 racquets so they need to be good choices
I would also like to know if anyone else is totally confused about what racquets are a good choice.
thanks for anyone who can help, it will be greatly appriciated
-headfan

Punisha
11-27-2006, 02:25 PM
rdx 500 would be to hard to use unless weighted up i believe... a true players racquet... RDS003 would be a good choice though, or the NSRQ-5 from yonex... good tweener right there

Bottle Rocket
11-27-2006, 03:41 PM
You said you're a baseliner, but you also said you mostly play doubles.

Do you volley in doubles?

If you are often at the net exchanging volleys, something like the Wilson nPro-Open is a good choice. The nSix-two is harder to manuever

I think the most important thing is for you to tell us more about your game. Lot's of volleys or lot's of top spin groundstrokes?

nalbandian_fan
11-27-2006, 03:42 PM
yeah just take out the rds 500, and you have 4 good demo choices.

jaykay
11-27-2006, 03:47 PM
headfan91: all the choices mentioned in your post (perhaps with the exception of the RDX500) are excellent choices to demo. Since you are a Head fan, you may want to throw the Flexpoint Instinct into the mix as well if you like. Bite the bullet and order the demo. You'll defly find something that you like in this mix.

Good luck!

headfan91
11-27-2006, 03:50 PM
when I play singles, I'm a baseliner, but in school we have to play doubles. so I have no choice. I usae topspin almost all of the time on forehand, and flat or slice on my backhand. My serve always has a slice to it. I'm not very big so I do need good pop on my shots.

bcsax123
11-27-2006, 04:10 PM
I would say stay away from the HEADs if you always hit topspin, because of tight string paterns.

I would say Mfil 300, Mfil 200 2006, Prince TT Warrior, RDS 003.

ELPHIE
11-27-2006, 04:17 PM
With your age and built a good stick is a Fisher Magnetic Tour. Try to demo this and you will surely appreciate how good it is and will definitely improve your game as long as you can generate your own pace but don't be misled by it as it is very flexible and also have low swing weight. Good for Singles or Doubles. I would say it is an all around stick for any player wanted to improve their skill as you need to develop proper stroke to fully utilize the beauty of this stick. For added bonus the looks also rock as alot of women are really loving the beauty of it. 1 step to get hook up to a gorgeous tennis player you want... It seems a cross breed between RDS001 & RDS003 where their good points are incorporated.

headfan91
11-28-2006, 10:46 AM
With your age and built a good stick is a Fisher Magnetic Tour. Try to demo this and you will surely appreciate how good it is and will definitely improve your game as long as you can generate your own pace but don't be misled by it as it is very flexible and also have low swing weight. Good for Singles or Doubles. I would say it is an all around stick for any player wanted to improve their skill as you need to develop proper stroke to fully utilize the beauty of this stick. For added bonus the looks also rock as alot of women are really loving the beauty of it. 1 step to get hook up to a gorgeous tennis player you want... It seems a cross breed between RDS001 & RDS003 where their good points are incorporated.
would you recommend this over the mspeed pro?