PDA

View Full Version : Right when I thought a 20 dollar Prostaff 6.0 was a good deal...

tonysk83
11-27-2006, 05:31 PM
I score a Head PC600 for 15 bucks.

I bought the prostaff in the summer at my local play it again sports. I played with it for a bit and sold it on the big auction site for 115 bucks.

I went into play it again today to buy some balls and I just browsed through their racquets looking for a good deal on a used racquet. They had a Flexpoint Prestige for 70 bucks, which I almost bought, but I looked behind it some more and found a mint condition PC600 Mid. I looked at the price tag, almost assumed it would be cheap, and bingo 15 bucks. The strings are in perfect condition as well, wilson syn gut extreme.

The best part is I hit with it today and my RDX 500 MP stayed in the bag the whole day. I never thought I would find a more complete racquet then my RDX 500, but the PC600 beats it. I got to play with it some more to get a final opinion on it. I was hitting harder then normal, placing the ball wherever I wanted. My serve was simply amazing. My volleys were a lot more solid as well.

So far I have gotten a PS 6.0 for 20 bucks, two RDX 500 MP's for 55 each, and now this racquet for 15 bucks. I am king.

Bottle Rocket
11-27-2006, 05:40 PM
I got a POG oversize (version from the lat 70's, early 80's) in great condition for $10.

Coincidentally, I bought a car from the same garage sale... :-)

VGP
11-27-2006, 05:44 PM
tonysk83 - in what part of the country do you live?

(if you don't mind me asking)

tonysk83
11-27-2006, 05:57 PM
I live in Naperville, IL, a western suburb of Chicago.

BreakPoint
11-27-2006, 07:28 PM
Well, hey, someone PAID me $100 bucks to take a mint St. Vincent PS 85 off of his hands!

..........just kidding...... ;) LOL

:mrgreen:

snoflewis
11-27-2006, 07:51 PM
Well, hey, someone PAID me $100 bucks to take a mint St. Vincent PS 85 off of his hands!

..........just kidding...... ;) LOL

:mrgreen:

lol...im still waiting for that to happen for me!! :)

Brent Pederson
11-27-2006, 07:58 PM
Well, I thought about starting a thread about this kind of stuff a few weeks ago after I got a racket off craigslist. A guy was getting rid of a couple of racketball rackets and a tennis racket. There was a tiny picture, couldn't really tell for sure what it was. Also, he didn't put a price.

So, I email him, ask him how much for the racket, and he writes back saying he just got some new rackets and he just plans on giving it away! I say, "Great" and make an appt to meet him.

So, sure enough, it's a PS 85, in very nice shape, a few scratches on the head, but no big deal, and I thank him profusely, and he's saying "Yeah, well, I got it about 20 years ago or so, and I'm sure you can get a better racket nowadays for 50 bucks or so." I nod my head, take the racket, and decide to beat my way out of there before he changes his mind.

Oh, yeah, turns out it's a St. Vincent.

It just goes to show you, ya gotta love craigslist.

VGP
11-27-2006, 09:32 PM
Thanks, I only asked to see if you're in a "tennis town" or someplace like that....I try to scope out the stores around me and I don't come across that many good finds.

Lakoste
11-27-2006, 09:48 PM

Good ol' Naperville...the memories...I used to live by Downers Grove

psp2
11-27-2006, 10:41 PM
I score a Head PC600 for 15 bucks.

I bought the prostaff in the summer at my local play it again sports. I played with it for a bit and sold it on the big auction site for 115 bucks.

I went into play it again today to buy some balls and I just browsed through their racquets looking for a good deal on a used racquet. They had a Flexpoint Prestige for 70 bucks, which I almost bought, but I looked behind it some more and found a mint condition PC600 Mid. I looked at the price tag, almost assumed it would be cheap, and bingo 15 bucks. The strings are in perfect condition as well, wilson syn gut extreme.

The best part is I hit with it today and my RDX 500 MP stayed in the bag the whole day. I never thought I would find a more complete racquet then my RDX 500, but the PC600 beats it. I got to play with it some more to get a final opinion on it. I was hitting harder then normal, placing the ball wherever I wanted. My serve was simply amazing. My volleys were a lot more solid as well.

So far I have gotten a PS 6.0 for 20 bucks, two RDX 500 MP's for 55 each, and now this racquet for 15 bucks. I am king.

Sorry, but I got you beat on cheap deals. :)

I acquired 3 St.Vincent (2 bumperless) for $0. They were all given to me.

frekcles
11-28-2006, 08:18 AM
Well, I thought about starting a thread about this kind of stuff a few weeks ago after I got a racket off craigslist.....
It just goes to show you, ya gotta love craigslist.

I bought a LM Prestige from Craigslist last night for $50. It's in 8.5/10 condition. Not exactly a smoking hot deal but the way the guy described it I assumed it would be worse than that.

Sorry, but I got you beat on cheap deals.

I acquired 3 St.Vincent (2 bumperless) for $0. They were all given to me.

My uncle gave me:

4 Pure Drives
1 APD
1 Ncode Six-One 95
1 LM Prestige Mid
:)

Time to buy some Christmas cards for that uncle.......:D

WhiteSox05CA
11-28-2006, 02:15 PM

There's a Play It Again in Naperville right? I'm NW and there's one in Chicago on Ashland and another in Northbrook.
________
HotNathalie (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/HotNathalie/)

vkartikv
11-28-2006, 03:29 PM
sooner or later you will buy a head metallix 10 for $200 to balance out your life.