PDA

View Full Version : Wilson nCode n3 or Wilson nCode n6-2

Patricklovestennis
11-27-2006, 05:00 PM
so i am looking for a new racquet with more "pop".
I like to stay at the baseline and rip the ball, but i will occassionally venture to the net.
I have been reading reviews on the n3 and n6-2 (113) and can't decide. I am looking for something that gives me power but still moderate control. Please give input on what you think.
It would be greatly appreciated!
I am currently using a Yonex RDX 300 super mid 103, and its not working for me anymore.
I have a moderate swing and i usually hit a heavy spin forehand, but i flatten my back hand out.

noobplayer
11-27-2006, 05:33 PM
how old r u that u are migrating to a ncode n3 and wilson n6-2 OS? anyways i would not recommend either of those but maybe a flexpoint radical oversize or any of the flexpoint team series? maybe try some babolats and princes? they both have a lot of power especially the O3 racquets

Patricklovestennis
11-27-2006, 05:43 PM
how old r u that u are migrating to a ncode n3 and wilson n6-2 OS? anyways i would not recommend either of those but maybe a flexpoint radical oversize or any of the flexpoint team series? maybe try some babolats and princes? they both have a lot of power especially the O3 racquets

I am 16 and I have played with the 03 red and silver, and didn't enjoy them at all, and I don't like babolats and I have a diablo, I just want something new. Something that will help my game to get more power.

noobplayer
11-27-2006, 05:53 PM
more power comes mostly from a sound technique and maybe some weight training maybe. i would say go with a lm radical oversize if u can or some cheap oversize like head tis4, but dont spend that much on a tweener

Patricklovestennis
11-27-2006, 05:53 PM
more power comes mostly from a sound technique and maybe some weight training maybe. i would say go with a lm radical oversize if u can or some cheap oversize like head tis4, but dont spend that much on a tweener

point taken.

Jack Romeo
11-27-2006, 08:19 PM
hello. if you're looking for a wilson tweener, i think the good old hyper hammers 5.3 and 6.3 both still trump all the new ncode tweeners. and they cost much better. if you're looking for more power, go with the 5.3

abenguyen
11-28-2006, 01:40 PM
well is ur diablo a midplus? if it is i wouldn't go bigger on headsize. i've tried the n6.2 midplus and oversize. i hated the oversize but LOVED the midplus. i would recommend it over the oversize

Patricklovestennis
11-28-2006, 03:25 PM
yeah it is :p but i don't like it as i thought it would.

p0w3r
11-28-2006, 03:42 PM
I would not recomend a Head Radical (oversize or mp) if you are looking for more power. Radicals have less power then a Yonex RDX300. However, i agree with the others said...i would rather spend some time working on technique. Rather then spend the near $200 on a new racquet, spend the money on a couple of lessons. That will help you a lot more then a new overpowered racquet especailly since the RDX300 isint really lacking in power.

abenguyen
11-28-2006, 06:13 PM
I would not recomend a Head Radical (oversize or mp) if you are looking for more power. Radicals have less power then a Yonex RDX300. However, i agree with the others said...i would rather spend some time working on technique. Rather then spend the near $200 on a new racquet, spend the money on a couple of lessons. That will help you a lot more then a new overpowered racquet especailly since the RDX300 isint really lacking in power.

we're talking about wilson nsix-twos, not head radicals. but if not a nsix-two, you can always try a lm radical MP or OS. great racquets.

p0w3r
11-29-2006, 02:25 AM
we're talking about wilson nsix-twos, not head radicals. but if not a nsix-two, you can always try a lm radical MP or OS. great racquets.

:confused: i know he asked about nsix-twos but people before me mentioned a radical. And why would you recomend a radical for him anyways? How is going to a more control, less powerful racquet going to suit his needs of finding a more powerful racquet?:-?

rainmaker
11-29-2006, 04:11 PM
i currently play with n6.2 and it's pretty nice....good control, great power, very good spins.... only problem i have is with its light weight... i can add lead and stuff but i'm leaning more towards a heavier stock racquet...something in the 12oz range....(lots of elbow pains after 2hrs)

bcsax123
11-29-2006, 05:00 PM
Save your money and use your TT Scream OS.

flemby2112
11-29-2006, 05:48 PM
Save even more money and use your diablo. It's the best racquet in your bag and you can improve with it for a long time.

abenguyen
11-29-2006, 05:56 PM
go with teh nsix-two if u can afford it. or the pure drive, it has tons of power.

bcsax123
11-29-2006, 06:18 PM
Save even more money and use your diablo. It's the best racquet in your bag and you can improve with it for a long time.

He wants power. The Scream OS is powerful, I think a 1000 Prince power level.