PDA

View Full Version : Prince o3 tour cracks

tommohalby
11-27-2006, 08:51 PM
hey guys
just wondering if anyone out there has been using the prince o3 tour (orange one) and had any problems.
i have just noticed that one of racquets has a noticiable crack at the bottom of the head around the 4th string where the big gap is. the other one seems to be developing the same thing but it isn't as big yet.
i look after my racquets very well and have never thrown them. these racquets are just under a year old and already have a crack? is that normal?
just want to see if anyone else who has been using these racquets have had the same problems?:sad:

cheers
Tom

dancraig
11-27-2006, 09:00 PM
You might want to contact your retailer before one year has passed, for warranty replacement.

Voltron
11-27-2006, 09:02 PM
That doesn't sound normal to me, but I'm no expert, like dancraig said, contact your dealer.

Duzza
11-27-2006, 09:05 PM
hey guys
just wondering if anyone out there has been using the prince o3 tour (orange one) and had any problems.
i have just noticed that one of racquets has a noticiable crack at the bottom of the head around the 4th string where the big gap is. the other one seems to be developing the same thing but it isn't as big yet.
i look after my racquets very well and have never thrown them. these racquets are just under a year old and already have a crack? is that normal?
just want to see if anyone else who has been using these racquets have had the same problems?:sad:

cheers
Tom

Like stress fractures kind of?? I've seen these on a few other branded racquets, mostly Wilson. Friend had like you described could be because of a harsh stringing machine...

tommohalby
yeah i've sent over a message to prince and about to contact the guy that sold me the racquet

i live in australia and got it shipped over from america so i might be outta luck there :( dangit!

going to upload a pic of the crack but camera isn't that good to get a nice image

Duzza
Like stress fractures kind of?? I've seen these on a few other branded racquets, mostly Wilson. Friend had like you described could be because of a harsh stringing machine...

Take some pics and I'll tell you if it's the same as his nPro and my Prostaff.

tommohalby
11-27-2006, 09:18 PM
ok when i come back
gotta do some tennis coaching now
i've only restrung them about 3 times each i didn't think i could get a crack from that many restrings

Duzza
11-27-2006, 11:22 PM
ok when i come back
gotta do some tennis coaching now
i've only restrung them about 3 times each i didn't think i could get a crack from that many restrings

I don't think it does. But I know that the friend strings his own and my racquets and the nPro, Prostaff AND POG(slight) all have some little stress fractures in them. Whether some were there before I bought them I'm unsure, I'm just more careful now.

equinox
11-28-2006, 05:15 AM
Wasn't something similar problem mentioned on the GSS website?

Diredesire probably knows more about any common o3 problems.

catpower
03-22-2010, 06:40 AM
thinking of purchasing the o3 white but not too sure about them cracking since i've heard lotsa problems with the o3 series.

anyone here able to help?
Thanks

equinox
03-24-2010, 04:31 AM
Any manufacturing defects would have been solved long ago.
Chances having problems are pretty low after all these years.

Just buy it from a reputable store like tw.