PDA

View Full Version : Head Flexpoint Radical

bribeiro
11-27-2006, 08:07 PM
Is that racquet supposed to be really powerful? I usually hit with an O3 tour midplus, and I can control the ball just fine with it, but I couldn't hit a slice, or a decent topspin shot worth **** with the flexpoint, only thing it helped was my flat serves. What's another racquet that gives you great feel, touch, and spin?

noobplayer
11-27-2006, 08:13 PM
ncode 95? POG? ps85? yonex rds001?

Voltron
11-27-2006, 08:22 PM
Think yonex, maybe the RDS 001 mid.

Duzza
11-28-2006, 01:11 AM
I hated it. Sold it as soon as I could.

vinnier6
11-28-2006, 05:35 AM
your o3 tour has an open stirng patteren and the radical you tried has a closed string patteren...i imagin there was a big difference in feel...

bribeiro
11-28-2006, 06:18 AM
your o3 tour has an open stirng patteren and the radical you tried has a closed string patteren...i imagin there was a big difference in feel...

Never even noticed that radical had a closed string pattern till now lol

Bottle Rocket
11-28-2006, 06:47 AM
I think the Flexpoint Radical is a nice racket.

It is powerful and produced the least amount of spin of any racket I have used. My partner said my shots were much harder than usual, when they went in. I had some trouble with consistancy and top spin just did not seem very effective with this thing.

frekcles
11-28-2006, 07:02 AM
Is that racquet supposed to be really powerful?

I think so. I tried a MP once and I had a hard time getting the ball in with it. Serves were good, volleys were ok but groundstrokes were a nightmare for me. I prefer the older Radicals (i, Ti and LM).

bcsax123
11-28-2006, 07:12 AM
I also found the FXP Radical to have lots of pop. But it's not heavy enough for hitting heavy ball. Returning serves was hard with the racquet. I was really liking it, but it was just too light, so i got myself a Prestige MP, which is lower powered tha the Radical. Added a leather grip and some lead to the handle making it 11pts HL strung and polarized, so its now pretty good for topspin.

vinnier6
11-28-2006, 07:51 AM
radical racquets are not meant to be powerful...they are control racquets with low power and thin beams...you need to bring your own power to this party....

bribeiro
11-28-2006, 07:54 AM
radical racquets are not meant to be powerful...they are control racquets with low power and thin beams...you need to bring your own power to this party....

Control racquets or not, they're horrible. I could get a lot of pop on my serve, volleys, etc. But I could not control the ball off the ground, and slices were horrible.

Rafa's best friend
11-28-2006, 07:56 AM
Control racquets or not, they're horrible. I could get a lot of pop on my serve, volleys, etc. But I could not control the ball off the ground, and slices were horrible.

I told you that Flexpoint tech does not work, simple physics. Why don't you swtich to racket my sweet RAFA uses.?;)

bcsax123
11-28-2006, 07:59 AM
I told you that Flexpoint tech does not work, simple physics. Why don't you swtich to racket my sweet RAFA uses.?;)

Rafa's racquet sucks BTW.

Flexpoint does work, or Head designed thier Prestige to have a higher sweetspot, I dunno.

KFwinds
11-28-2006, 01:20 PM
Is the Flexpoint Radical THAT much worse than the LM version? I'm using the LM Rad MP right now, and my slices bite really well. You have to work a little for the topspin, but it's not bad. Accuracy is outstanding, as well as volleys. I've thought about trying the newer model, but there is a lot of feedback here about not being able to produce spin with it. Is it a lot different/worse than the LM Rad MP?

kurniadis
11-28-2006, 01:47 PM
The flexpoints are somewhat controversial in this forum or even at any forum for that matter. Many would say flexpoint would add greater inaccuracy if you dont hit the sweetspot etc. But most proud Flexpoint users (like myself) would scowl at such a comment LoL. Why dont u try and demo it? Im using flexpoint prestige mid (93" square) and it works just fine. I like the control of ball placement, especially noticeable during volleys. I suggest, reading the review or feedback given by TW testers and users alike in the racket sale page. Despite the close string patter 18 x 20 instead of common 16 x 19, i found it to be spin friendly, but maybe not as much as the open string pattern (i wouldnt know, i dont spin that much). But the review by TW tester said that it is surprisingly spin friendly. So yea, check those review first and then check what others are writing and maybe demo it. :)