PDA

View Full Version : Links to Stringing Instruction Sites Wanted

varuscelli
11-28-2006, 07:47 AM
As part of the Stringing Machine Photo Library Project, one of my next goals is to set up a section on the Links Page (http://www.photostringer.com/links.htm) that links to stringing instructions on the Internet.

During the last few weeks, I've run across at least a couple of dozen sites that contain stringing instruction myself, but now I'm backtracking to consolidate them to include in the photo library project.

Someone out there named "diredesire" has a great set of pages on his Modified Around the World Pattern (http://students.washington.edu/jdeng/ATW/index.html) -- although at first I thought the site was about his free-wheeling dating style... :p

And I know of others on the Silent Partner site, the Eagnas site, the stringforum.com site, the USRSA site etc. But I will likely miss some of them if I don't get some feedback from other forum members.

So, anyone want to provide some instructional stringing links for the Stringing Machine Photo Library, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Post your links right here in this thread and I'll copy them over to the site, as appropriate. And it won't hurt if you mention a site that is redundant or that you think everyone already knows about. I'd rather have a site mentioned more than once than chance missing an important one. ;)

You can also e-mail me any links, if you wish: vruscelli@houston.rr.com

DADYO
11-28-2006, 09:13 AM
Here's one, but I don't find it to be that great:

http://www.stringforum.net/stringingguide.php

diredesire
11-28-2006, 09:51 AM
I'll be slowly, slowly adding more to my "page(s)," hopefully with some videos :)

varuscelli
11-28-2006, 10:24 AM
I'll be slowly, slowly adding more to my "page(s)," hopefully with some videos :)

Any "Around the World Dating" videos as part of it? ;)

No, that's great. Keep me apprised and I can expand links as necessary. I'm assuming the link to your site is acceptable? Hoping so, anyway. :)

gotwheels
11-29-2006, 08:15 AM
DADYO, The String Forum dot net site is a very good site, in my opinion. It is not as well traveled as this site, but the content is great with a stringing tutorial, stringing machine evaluations, string evaluations, string exchange along with discussion boards. Dig into the archives and you will be challenged with some great, exceptional stringing knowledge. Props to Jens Barthelmes for offering such an informative site to our tennis/stringing community.

varuscelli
11-29-2006, 08:56 AM
DADYO, The String Forum dot net site is a very good site, in my opinion. It is not as well traveled as this site, but the content is great with a stringing tutorial, stringing machine evaluations, string evaluations, string exchange along with discussion boards. Dig into the archives and you will be challenged with some great, exceptional stringing knowledge. Props to Jens Barthelmes for offering such an informative site to our tennis/stringing community.

Yeah, it really seems to me (from my limited experience) that the real power is in numbers. That is, what you don't find on one site you can likely find on another, so that cumulatively you have a great group of resources. "Site synergy," you might call it.

It's not like there are dozens upon dozens of high-quality stringing sites to choose from on the Internet, but those few very high-quality good sites add up to one big, powerful resource to any given individual who wants to take advantage of them.

That's part of the reason I want to set up the links page on the photostringer site. At least for the links page on the photostringer site, I want to tie in all those known, high-quality sites to others that might be less well known but still offer great information.

varuscelli
12-10-2006, 09:19 AM
Still looking for contributions to good stringing instructional sites, if anyone has any suggestions.

I've added a bunch, if you're interested in looking.

http://www.photostringer.com/links.htm

diredesire
12-11-2006, 09:06 AM
not exactly what you're looking for, but here are some instructions from head that i stumbled upon..
http://head.com/__/?1712.98cbaf52.DL

Mike Cottrill
12-11-2006, 09:25 AM
Interesting that Mutual Power “borrowed” photos from other sites.. :shock:

varuscelli
12-11-2006, 11:06 AM
not exactly what you're looking for, but here are some instructions from head that i stumbled upon..
http://head.com/__/?1712.98cbaf52.DL

Cool reference. Maybe I need to put together a subsection for manufacturer-specific (racquet-specific) guides/instructions, too. Looks like good stuff to me.

diredesire, I hope you'll notice that I moved the link to your site somewhat (it didn't disappear, if you were wondering). I'm trying to rename my links to keep them somewhat organized by topic. ;)

varuscelli
12-11-2006, 11:13 AM
Interesting that Mutual Power “borrowed” photos from other sites.. :shock:

Ha! I hadn't even noticed that at first.

I do keep running across similar occurrences, though. Usually, I'll see things like "From the USRSA website" or something to that effect. But the Mutual Power one went right over my head before a closer look.

Also, if you happen to see any of my links that are . . . well, not worth the link, please call me out on it if I need to reconsider any of them.

I'm gathering links to informational sites and linking to what looks good, but might be putting some weak stuff out there. I don't want to get caught up in linking just for the sake of linking, but want sites from which people can gain some benefit by visiting (starting with info absolute beginners could use and on up to what *might* be of value even to experienced stringers).

Netgame
01-14-2007, 07:17 AM
Thanks, varuscelli, for your site and the links. I have bookmarked your site and no doubt will be using it as a reference. When I get my stringer I'll send you pics of my setup. Most likely it will be a Revo 4000. You already have great examples of that which will help me when I put mine together.

s1jor
01-14-2007, 07:57 AM
the UKRSA will be shortly moving into stringing video's for different techniques/patterns etc etc

Simon

varuscelli
01-14-2007, 08:52 AM
the UKRSA will be shortly moving into stringing video's for different techniques/patterns etc etc

Simon

That's interesting and a good thing for me to note for inclusion in the Links section.

Out of curiosity, do you happen to know if those videos will be for purchase or for free viewing?

s1jor
01-14-2007, 09:34 AM
i'll try and find out

Simon

varuscelli
01-14-2007, 09:39 AM
i'll try and find out

Simon

Thank you, Simon. In either case, I'm sure it will be a good link for people interested in stringing videos (either for purchase or for free viewing).

Al

s1jor
01-17-2007, 02:00 PM
Hi,

Some small demo video's been put up on the UKRSA site, think there gonna be to buy, have a look,
On the left hand menu, at the bottom under training video title

Simon

jonvdw
05-01-2008, 05:22 PM
In my opinion, YUlitle's clips (which can be found on YouTube.com) should be linked, because they offer a great aid to (beginning) stringers.

ARNICOLINI
05-01-2008, 05:37 PM
In my opinion, YUlitle's clips (which can be found on YouTube.com) should be linked, because they offer a great aid to (beginning) stringers.

While still a novice I am not a total noob and I could not agree more with the above. I have learned the most out of all the web content out there from YuLitle's you tube videos.

I also agree with the poster above about commending Jens on stringforum. I find myself here more than there however there certainly are a alot of very knowledgeable stringers there.